💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP’s Problem (a rant)

Grigio Guy

Featured Posts

Grigio Guy

sorry for the long post! And YES...ANOTHER ARTPOP thread.

ARTPOP is 100% my favorite album by Lady Gaga. There is no denying it is a phenomenal album. That being said, my fiancée HATES it. He’s told me multiple times the only reason I would kill for the album is because of the nostalgia and the potential I cling onto. what could have been, etc.

Yesterday, as we all know, a certain website posted a download link to an archive of ARTPOP demos. So I decided to sit my man down and play him the demos. He enjoyed listening to the demos. From the sensual bass of Sexxx Dreams, to the speech sample of MJH. He 100% preferred the demo for Venus (a song that he loathes) and LOVED the DJWS breakdown in JnD. He commented that a middle ground between the demos and the final versions would’ve made ARTPOP the album it was supposed to be. I was finally able to illustrate why the album had such potential and would’ve had Icon status.

and then it hit me. This was this issue with ARTPOP. The mismanagement and the mishandling of the creation of this album was the downfall. I feel as though her label was constantly telling her to reproduce/remaster every track, which lead to overproduction. Her team constantly told her to tone it down, which lead to the lackluster. The mismanagement led to the destruction of the era itself. Had Gaga had the chance to produce/release the tracks the way she had intended to, ARTPOP would’ve been received better, the concept of “a reverse warholian experience” would’ve been executed perfectly (touching on this a little further, I’m 1000% percent sure Sexxx Dreams was gonna feature Rihanna)

giphy.gif

What do you girls, guys, and everything in between think? Do you think ARTPOP was overproduced by Gaga of her label? What do you think the outcome would’ve been had Gaga had the wheel?

Religion is a product to sell.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
weed
3 minutes ago, Grigio Guy said:

The mismanagement and the mishandling of the creation of this album was the downfall.

no offense but

giphy.gif

Quartz
8 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Heres another demo remaster of sex Dreams hehe

Wtf i have chills

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Grigio Guy
5 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Heres another demo remaster of sex Dreams hehe

My only problem with this is the fact that I don’t see #BuyARTPOPoniTunes anywhere in your video.

littlepotter

I think this has been common knowledge for years and DJWS confirmed it himself a few weeks ago

chaeri pls

Grigio Guy
1 minute ago, littlepotter said:

I think this has been common knowledge for years and DJWS confirmed it himself a few weeks ago

Maybe instead of petitioning for ARTPOP Act II, we should’ve petitioned for ARTPOP (Gaga’s Version) :koons:

MoonIight

That's why it's my least fave Gaga album. Not only is it weak lyrically, but it's an overproduced mess apart from like 5/6 songs.

Grigio Guy
11 minutes ago, weed said:

no offense but

giphy.gif

I meant it in a “ARTPOP was dead before it was released” type of way :sweat:

Grigio Guy
Just now, MoonIight said:

That's why it's my least fave Gaga album. Not only is it weak lyrically, but it's an overproduced mess apart from like 5/6 songs.

I mean, mind you, it’s BUSY beyond belief, but switching out demo versions for what we got (Aura for example. I also made an alternative version of MJH) makes the album too-tier. I think ARTPOP is more so campy and very tongue in cheek, not lyrically week. But you’re entitled to how you feel!

200.gif

(jk)

Ricardo

wait did I miss something or we are talking about the demos that leaked years ago? 

:diane:

pop a 911

Just for research purposes could someone DM the link to these :triggered:

i’m not real, i’m theatre

YuyiGaga
3 minutes ago, POP A 911 said:

me too pleaseeee

Pablo
8 minutes ago, POP A 911 said:

Same, I didn't know there was a demo of JnD!

Don't visit my profile

Archived