Better Song: Aura vs Alice

Anveeroy

Better Song   

330 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

Featured Posts

Karen Smith
1 minute ago, Grigio Guy said:

Whoever chose Alice, I just wanna talk....lady-gaga-itunes-camden-performance.png

I'm here :kiss:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CheapGin

I think a crucial element to both songs is their relationship to desperation and longing, but where those themes in Alice are what introduce Gaga's journey of healing, reflection, growth and triumph, the journey of ARTPOP is more about achieving ownership through exploitation of self. Both albums see Gaga leaning on vices during these journey's but as introductory tracks, Alice is the winner for me because it is a fuller and healthier body of a song, emotionally and in execution. Its also more straightforward song which shows growth for Gaga as a storyteller/songwriter!

CubbyGaga

Alice >>>>> Aura (Summer 2013 leak) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aura (album version)

S0436

It’s tough because for me Alice is easier and more enjoyable to listen to, but it doesn’t feel like a complete song.  

Very tough because I love Alice so much. Favorite song off of Chromatica. 

However, listening to Burqa/Aura for the first time felt like an insanely unique experience. She speaks gently and then, BAM, the beat just slams so dang hard. I don’t think I’ve had an experience with listening to anything else that could remotely compare to that first time. 

rinasawachanta

Aura is winning... The immense and disturbing lack of taste on this site just jumped out :yennefer:

Spoiler

jk i love u all :kara:

Spoiler

even if you have no taste :kara:

Julien Lockhart

Alice is in my opinion one of her best songs of all times, the meaning of the song I can't :bradley:

Well Alice obviously :gaycat:

He ate my heart

Kadikaado

Alice, not even hard.

I am authistic, so don't be offended if I make a mess sometimes.

TheFame Monster

I’m going off of the version released on the albums. It’s Alice. I do not enjoy the vocals from the final version of Aura’s first verse. I prefer the rough gritty texture of the demo. Alice has no flaws

austincola

Honestly Alice. It’s a well put together BANGER from start to finish. Aura sounds like two-songs meshed together, I don’t understand the meaning of the song, and the fact that it was supposed to be the continuation of Telephone that never came to be, makes me look at the song as a complete waste. 

Aura had potential, but the opportunity was missed. 

Archived