Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
politics

Rumour: Bojo to allow Scots Indyref2 with harsh conditions


Better Day

Featured Posts

Better Day
3 minutes ago, Benji said:

If Scotland wants to leave, they should let the rest of the Kingdom vote because you will most certainly get the result you want :huntyga: Scotland would be pretty screwed jumping ship and hoping the EU allows them to join without meeting its requirements... that’s if there’s an EU still there once it comes to that because I can see France leaving soon.

Remember Spain will veto Scotland joining as it will give Catalonia a leg to stand on.

No, the EU did not vote for the  UK EU  referendum. 
3 Spanish Foreign ministers have said that they would not veto Scotland joining the EU if it was legally done. 
Even the UK Government was forced to say an Indy Scotland would thrive. 

Together You And I!
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji
6 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

No, the EU did not vote for the  UK EU  referendum. 
3 Spanish Foreign ministers have said that they would not veto Scotland joining the EU if it was legally done. 
Even the UK Government was forced to say an Indy Scotland would thrive. 

LMAO I know, I’m just saying one way to guarantee Scotland to leave would be to ask the rest of the kingdom if we should kick them out. :laughga:

I highly, highly doubt they would not veto.  Before even factoring in Catalan, Spanish MEP’s have expressed concerns of Scotland’s deficit.  Many EU members would be cautious about letting a country enter that will take from its budget rather than add.  Then add in that it reignites their separatists argument, I can guarantee you a cold veto will be waiting for you.

Where?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better Day
1 minute ago, Benji said:

LMAO I know, I’m just saying one way to guarantee Scotland to leave would be to ask the rest of the kingdom if we should kick them out. :laughga:

I highly, highly doubt they would not veto.  Before even factoring in Catalan, Spanish MEP’s have expressed concerns of Scotland’s deficit.  Many EU members would be cautious about letting a country enter that will take from its budget rather than add.  Then add in that it reignites their separatists argument, I can guarantee you a cold veto will be waiting for you.

Where?

It’s not up to the other 3 nations what Scotland wants. 
 

Scotland doesn’t have a deficit. Well the Scottish Government doesn’t have a deficit. Donald Tusk has even said the EU would happily allow an Indy Scotland into the EU, we already meet a lot of the criteria. It would not be in the interests of the EU27 to veto Scotland. 

Together You And I!
Link to post
Share on other sites

bionic

I do agree that it would be disrespectful to other countries in the application process if a newly independent Scotland got fast tracked and got to waive loads of the criteria

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better Day
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

I do agree that it would be disrespectful to other countries in the application process if a newly independent Scotland got fast tracked and got to waive loads of the criteria

Despite to contrary belief they are not queue into the EU. We already meet the criteria to get EU membership. 

Together You And I!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Benji
2 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

It’s not up to the other 3 nations what Scotland wants. 
 

Scotland doesn’t have a deficit. Well the Scottish Government doesn’t have a deficit. Donald Tusk has even said the EU would happily allow an Indy Scotland into the EU, we already meet a lot of the criteria. It would not be in the interests of the EU27 to veto Scotland. 

Scotland’s deficit rose to 8.6% prior to the pandemic, I dread to think what it is now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Benji
3 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Despite to contrary belief they are not queue into the EU. We already meet the criteria to get EU membership. 

Your deficit was over double the amount allowed for a new joining member prior to the pandemic.  There is no way Scotland meets the requirements.

Link to post
Share on other sites

bionic
8 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Despite to contrary belief they are not queue into the EU. We already meet the criteria to get EU membership. 

It would be unfair for the EU to say that a new independent (read as: unstable) Scotland would be able to meet criteria without waiting for a minimum of 12 months (as treaties require at a minimum) to prove this. But again this is a conversation for a different thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better Day
12 minutes ago, Benji said:

Scotland’s deficit rose to 8.6% prior to the pandemic, I dread to think what it is now.

That deficit is part of the United Kingdom. The treasury borrows in our “interest”. The Scottish Government cannot legally have a deficit as we cannot borrow. 

Together You And I!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Better Day
11 minutes ago, Benji said:

Your deficit was over double the amount allowed for a new joining member prior to the pandemic.  There is no way Scotland meets the requirements.

Look above 

Together You And I!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Better Day
6 minutes ago, bionic said:

It would be unfair for the EU to say that a new independent (read as: unstable) Scotland would be able to meet criteria without waiting for a minimum of 12 months (as treaties require at a minimum) to prove this. But again this is a conversation for a different thread

I am aware it would take time for us to join the EU but we can join the EFTA whilst we are in the “waiting room” 

Together You And I!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Benji
1 minute ago, Miss Dolly said:

That deficit is part of the United Kingdom. The treasury borrows in our “interest”. The Scottish Government cannot legally have a deficit as we cannot borrow. 

Part of the agreement in separating will inflict Scotland with the debts it owes.  Pretending you can be bankrolled by the Kingdom and then walk away without paying what is owed is foolish.  If Scotland were to leave without paying its debts, the rest of the kingdom would act extremely hostile to it and make life even harder for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better Day
31 minutes ago, Benji said:

Part of the agreement in separating will inflict Scotland with the debts it owes.  Pretending you can be bankrolled by the Kingdom and then walk away without paying what is owed is foolish.  If Scotland were to leave without paying its debts, the rest of the kingdom would act extremely hostile to it and make life even harder for it.

We don’t legally have to take the debt. It wouldn’t be Scotland’s debt. It’s the United Kingdom’s debt. 

Together You And I!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Benji
6 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

We don’t legally have to take the debt. It wouldn’t be Scotland’s debt. It’s the United Kingdom’s debt. 

You are delusional if you think that Scotland would be allowed to leave without paying off its debt.  Let’s say, it does in fact leave and effectively does a “no deal” with the rest of the kingdom and refuses to pay off its debts, do you expect another group of countries to welcome you with open arms?  Its insanity :laughga:

Scotland is a massive risk for the EU to take on, they won’t let you in if you refuse to pay other countries what you owe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Better Day
Just now, Benji said:

You are delusional if you think that Scotland would be allowed to leave without paying off its debt.  Let’s say, it does in fact leave and effectively does a “no deal” with the rest of the kingdom and refuses to pay off its debts, do you expect another group of countries to welcome you with open arms?  Its insanity :laughga:

It’s not Scotland’s debt. It’s United Kingdom’s debt. 
https://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2020/07/28/scotland-debt/

Together You And I!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...