Boldest music video by a pop girl ever?

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damon
8 hours ago, Magic Mike said:

American Life by Madonna (uncensored) - I watched when I was 10 years old and it shook me until todayĀ 

this is the only right answer tbh, it almost ended her career and it's the first time she felt scared for her and her family, she knew she was pissing big people and dsmn the video is like a punch in the face, especially the last minute

edit: yeah maybe like a prayer is also pretty close one to take the crown but the fact that the original american life video wasn't release because she knew all the trouble she would get into, makes you realize how bold the scope of her message was

... and now i just sit in silence.

GreenDiamond

Nobody will come close to original American Life video by Madonna, that's why she is THe Queen

GreenDiamond
9 hours ago, enissa11 said:

for sure Madonna is bold, but her boldness is also because of the times she released the videos, don't discredit gaga, for me is equally bold a black jesus and burning crosses to jesus, mary magdalene and judas having erotic trio scenes

Playing with holy religious imagery like that is always bold, but of course Madonna made it much more "easer"Ā for gaga.

Just watch American Life by Madonna and try repeating that paragraphs I quoted šŸ˜ƒ

Ā 

Ā 

Of Gagaā€™s - Telephone I guess. Ā Iā€™d give Madonnaā€™s Justify My Love or Like a Prayer the award here. Ā 

dimitristhe

Madonna: Like A Prayer, Justify My Love, Erotica, What It Feels Like For A Girl, American Life (Unreleased Version), God Control, Dark Ballet.Ā 

Lady Gaga: Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Alejandro, Judas, Marry The Night

Cardi B: Press

Rihanna: Russian Roulette, Man Down, S&M, Pour It Up,Ā Bitch, Better Have My Money, Needed Me

Britney Spears: Iā€™m A Slave 4 U, Everytime, Criminal, Work Bitch

Ā 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

JohnnyVersace
13 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Not sure why people keeping posting any Gaga vids, they're great but hardly bold...even Judas is tame; the only bold thing about it was that was released on Good Friday. The only correct answers are the following Madonna videos: Justify My Love, Like a Prayer, Erotica, and American Life (original). To even suggest there are other pop girls who canĀ come close to being as bold as Madonna is offensive.Ā 

I disagree with this completely. Madonna was ground-breaking and pushed the limits of what we knew of pop, and female musicians as a whole. But that doesn't mean Gaga didn't as well. I'd argue all three of TFM videos pushed boundaries in a similar fashion, and further, in ways, than Madonna did.

- Bad Romance in terms of fashion, story andĀ iconographyĀ 

- Telephone by being the most hyper-pop, hyper-commercial acid trip, lesbian-fueled Terentino-esque mini movie (that also starred one of the other biggest pop stars)

- Alejandro with it's gender-bending, gory, incredibly dark Klein aesthetics

Gaga changed the game with these videos. The aspects of death, darkness, camp and fashion in these three videos wasn't seen before, or at least since Madonna/Britney. But with Gaga, the extreme early success of her career Ā allowed her to work with the BEST designers, directors and musicians of the times, and as a body of work, comments on extreme commercial success and fame juxtaposed with fighting our inner demons. Justify My Love for instance, while incredible sexual, doesn't serve much more than some shock value over f*cking. Gaga's videos during TFM (and BTW) tackled much more imo, and to me that's bold.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

TimisaMonster

Judas comes to mindĀ 

Stream my new single, šŸ’œ"Heartbeat"šŸ’œ, on Spotify!

HausOfAntonio

Iā€™ll try to think non-Gaga because obviously our good sis has her fair share. And also no Madonna...

Dirrrty comes to mind

Nude scene in Womanizer was a big deal

Maybe something by Janet? I canā€™t think of anything from the top of my head.Ā 

S&M, BBHMM

Archived