society

Moderna Fails Contract With Canada Yet Again, Pfizer Compensates

Featured Posts

Economy

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5990166

Moderna which has consistently failed to ship the number of doses it promised to Canada has anounced yet another delay. Instead of 1.2 Million doses expected next week Canada will only get half that amount at a little over 600,000 and it will come a week later than expected on top of that

Moderna also admits it may be 2 million doses behind schedule by June

Pfizer on the otherhand has been ahead of schedule and Canada has increase contracts for May & June by 8 Million doses more than enough to offset Modernas delays

• Shook 2
Magic Mike

In Europe, it has been absolute chaos with postponements too

Except for the UK, who "stole" "our" vaccines :neyde:

• Like 1
  • Shook 1
Thomas P

I just kinda wanna cry a little bit. My mom only just now got on the list and she’s severely ill. Canada is embarrassing at this point, like it’s more scary to be here now than it’s ever been with this virus. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
homomo

Astrazeneca committed to 100 million doses for the EU by the end of Q1, but delivered less than 30 million. This is even worse now for the Q2 outlook.

AZ is truly a mess when it comes to this rollout.

Edited by homomo
HEARTSTOP
3 minutes ago, homomo said:

Astrazeneca committed to 100 million doses for the EU by the end of Q1, but delivered less than 30 million. This is even worse now for the Q2 outlook.

AZ is truly a mess when it comes to this rollout.

On top of that, AstraZeneca was keeping a lot of vaccines hidden to ship to the UK...such a mess, and it's honestly embarassing.

I'm a bioengineer and I can tell you that there are a ton of capable unemployed professionals out there who would love to have a job in vaccine production/quality control, even if just for these times of need. But money talks, and I guess people's lives are not worth as much as a few extra salaries for a few months.

Send nudes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
ItWasntLaauv

So glad to see my vaccine, Pfizer, slaying the game, when will your fave?

Edited by ItWasntLaauv
  • YAAAS 1
OBEY

did you see this? @Economy 

https://globalnews.ca/news/7763220/ontario-covid-19-coronavirus-cases-red-cross-justin-trudeau/

Ontario Premier Doug Ford has refused the offer of aid from the Canadian Red Cross, shortly after Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced it was sending it to help the COVID-19 mobile vaccination teams.

“While we appreciate the Prime Minister’s offer, unless it is matched with an increase in supply, we do not need the Red Cross at this time for administration of vaccines in Ontario,” a statement from the premier’s office said on Friday.

“We do not have a capacity issue, we have a supply issue.”

Ronk

Read it as "Madonna" and was wondering what contract she had with Canada.

I live in an alternate universe.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
Angelina Stefania

What annoys me the most about this isn't Moderna being unable to deliver, but rather the far right conservatives and even the Conservative party blaming Justin Trudeau. They constantly use Trudeau as the scapegoat and blame him for everything. Like when Pfizer had to close down one of their facilities in EU to ramp up production capacity, doses to Canada were delayed and immediately conservatives began spreading disinformation about Trudeau and liberals failing to get Canada vaccine doses. I'm so tired of the divisiveness conservatives in Canada are trying to spread and their partisan polical games. They're disgusting. 

Edited by Angelina Stefania
  • Like 3
Economy
16 hours ago, Thomas P said:

I just kinda wanna cry a little bit. My mom only just now got on the list and she’s severely ill. Canada is embarrassing at this point, like it’s more scary to be here now than it’s ever been with this virus. 

Canada isnt at fault for vaccine delays made by companies... also our vaccination rates are only bad when u compare it to countries most ahead like US, UK and Isreael were actually not doing bad compared to most

Frustration is justified given what weve gonr thru but we also need to keep reasonable perspective. I see Government getting a lot of unfair heat. None of us in their place could of realistically created a different outcome

Thomas P
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

Canada isnt at fault for vaccine delays made by companies... also our vaccination rates are only bad when u compare it to countries most ahead like US, UK and Isreael were actually not doing bad compared to most

Frustration is justified given what weve gonr thru but we also need to keep reasonable perspective. I see Government getting a lot of unfair heat. None of us in their place could of realistically created a different outcome

I was talking more than just vaccines too though. Our cases are both embarrassing and terrifying at the moment, and even with Ontario’s new lockdown, I still don’t see that changing because of how dumb people are being about everything. 

I don’t hold the government entirely responsible for that either, as it is the fault of all of us. It’s just sad to see happen. 

A lot of people are getting it from work, and I know they can’t help that, but I still know that so many people are throwing parties, meeting with family and basically throwing in the towel completely. Anti-mask riots are still happening too, which is lovely to see. 

Edited by Thomas P
I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.
  • Like 1
Economy
13 hours ago, Angelina Stefania said:

What annoys me the most about this isn't Moderna being unable to deliver, but rather the far right conservatives and even the Conservative party blaming Justin Trudeau. They constantly use Trudeau as the scapegoat and blame him for everything. Like when Pfizer had to close down one of their facilities in EU to ramp up production capacity, doses to Canada were delayed and immediately conservatives began spreading disinformation about Trudeau and liberals failing to get Canada vaccine doses. I'm so tired of the divisiveness conservatives in Canada are trying to spread and their partisan polical games. They're disgusting. 

Its not just conservatives... everyone is throwing blame at Trudeau for stuff that isnt within his control including ppl who usually identify with his own party

Liberals also do it to conservatives. Doug Ford is also getting heat for being in a position with no perfect possible decisions and he too cant control all of this

Back to Trudeau, i think hes done the best he can under the circumstances tbh. The stuff thats gone wrong isnt his fault...

i did not support his election or him nor am i a big fan but unlike most people i know how to be objective about things and not be biased. And even as someone who doesnt love him i can see at lest during pandemic hes done pretty well and most criticism hes gotten is not fair or warranted tbh :shrug:

Economy
Just now, Thomas P said:

I was talking more than just vaccines too though. Our cases are both embarrassing and terrifying at the moment, and even with Ontario’s new lockdown, I still don’t see that changing because of how dumb people are being about everything. 

I don’t hold the government entirely responsible for that either, as it is the fault of all of us. It’s just sad to see happen. 

Oh i thought u were specifically talking about vaccines and that government is at fault for delays

But yeah i agree... even when we put restrictions and guidelines almost no one listens

Ppl still go to their friends house or hire a blackmarket barber etc. And at work ppl always take off their masks :neyde:

• Like 1