💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Montero by Lil Nas X should be cancelled

high culture

Featured Posts

high culture

Lil Nas X is all the rage these days. As an FKA twigs stan (despite her support) I am really offended by this video. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM5vGTRj0cu/?igshid=c475w6tfpp5b

It is very, very apparent that this is a direct rip off from her video. I question if twigs saw the frame by frame comparison before issuing her statement about the video. What if Gaga did a frame by frame rip off of a Madonna video? It is very clearly plagiarism. I feel like many are discouraged from calling out the blatant rip off because he is doing good things for the queer POC community (which I don’t deny). I think he has always been boring and unoriginal. I think anyone who downplays this plagiarism is playing into sexism and thinks it’s okay that a queer man can copy off a woman and it’s all alright. What if it’s a woman copying a man? Y’all dragged Marina just the other day for this and I haven’t seen the same energy for this actual rip off. 

Just love and support here for a female artist I love and I feel is being taken advantage of by an artist that is in vogue and holds power over a woman. 

VOLANTIS

Im pretty sure most Madonna fans still want Gaga cancelled so it's a pretty silly way to look at things. 

You're allowed to enjoy your personal preference.

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Supersonic

....so you wanna cancel somebody, despite the person you wanna "defend" not feeling attacked, being supportive of the person you wanna cancel and there not being any beef betweent them, except the beef you personally want to see and feeling like you're taking a moral high ground? :chica: 

Anderson123

Lil Nas is living for this lol I’m sure all of that is intentional to have people talk about it. 

According to that instagram post, Lil Nas and FKA Twigs have talked and support each other so I don’t what’s wrong. Nas is just trying to show the media that gay guys can do what girls are praised for. 

A little off topic but Gaga has borrowed from Madonna a lot. Alejandro music video is obviously making reference to Express Yourself. 

JusKeepBreathin

Delete this thread.

delete big brother GIF

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

FATCAT

I'm sorry but no one owns the rights to riding a pole down to hell. There are a million things to be upset about in this world and this is not one of them. 

Purr more, hiss less.

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived