Contrapoints

Featured Posts

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Putang Ina Mo

Daisies is a good song!

Short-haired Katy doesn't look bad as what others say

I adore that she changed the lyrics of Swish Swish in few of her live performances during the Witness/post-Witness era; that signaled that slow ending of her feud with TS.

my username says it all đŸ‡”đŸ‡­

ALGAYDO
6 hours ago, Messy vers said:

I think Katy doesn't speak german and that's beautiful.

why did this have me hollering omg :air:

ALGAYDO

Even tho she doesn’t seem like the smartest pop star, you can tell that she works hella hard and tried to be kind even tho she gives off major “mean girl” vibes, which to me says that she’s actively trying to better herself, so I can relate to that a lot  

also, Teenage Dream (song) is one of my all-time favorites songs, ever. It has great sentimental value for me 

Helxig

Her songs are all very catchy. Every one of them. She legitimately writes good pop music. I'm not even a stan, but I just don't understand the criticism. "it's too generic'... sis, it's pop music, it doesn't have to be serious, pop music can simply be fun and catchy and she does that well

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

ELECTROHEART

She's a pop legend fom the 00's and 10's and she with Gaga innovated and changed the direction of pop music together :firega:

One of the most beautiful women in music :pray:

And also I love how she stans and gives love to Gaga on social media :kara:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

n1kos

I need black hair back!! I think the blonde one doesn't fit on her! 

I will fly on a challenger across the sky like a phoenix..

LilyLark

*She's underrated as a songwriter. She was the sole writer on a couple of tracks on "One of the Boys" As @Helxig said, she is a legitimately good at writing catchy songs and some of the criticism of it being too basic is weird (in fact, I think it's kind of mildly sexist, tbh, as is some criticism directed at pop music).

*One of the Boys is a great pop rock album. Honestly, none of her albums are bad.

*She's dealt really well with the sh*tty ageism and misogyny people have flung at her over the past couple of years. She's not even old, which makes it even more ridiculous. I get that she's not really a critical darling, but as I referred to above some critics definitely seem to review certain pop stars or pop music in general through a gendered lens and she's definitely been impacted by it. And yeah, I'm aware she sort of fed into a certain perception (hot and ditzy) when she first started out...but that doesn't justify any of the sh*t she's receiving now.

*When Taylor was getting roasted by the press for not being political and attacked over the Kim and Kanye thing, she could have gone ham. Instead, she refrained from kicking someone when they were down...which does indicate she matured.

Nathaniel Arven

i don't click with all the pop acts out there. But I like hers since day one and always have a track or two that I love love love on her records. I'd say Chained to the rythm and Cry about it later are very important for me :) 

ps : I'm the biggest fan of her pixie era too I presume. 

edit ps : her last era was a serve visually. 

JaysAMess

Teenage Dream is one of the best pop albums, she really delivered with that album and deserved all the success.

Leoooo

She was a huge part of my childhood. OOTB was one of my favourite albums and the lyrics / music is and are still brilliant. Teenage dreams was just iconic (I went to see her in a small venue right after the release of OOTB for like ÂŁ10 in Birmingham UK and she KILLED that tiny venue, and then the Teenage Dreams tour and she was so funny.) There was a bit when she asked us to give her 1 pound for a cover and everyone was throwing change and she was picking it up and said "I feel like a hooker" and the whole concert just laughed, (and did Born This Way). it was so uplifting all the way through.

Shhhhhhh

Cute gurl

Big boobies

Some great hits

An hard working artist 

Very friendly 

Sweet and likeable 

Hyoha

She’s a good recording artist and her music videos are always so cinematic. Before RoM, I wished Gaga’s videos were like hers.

Archived