💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

MARINA - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Cybikitty

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio

DRAGGEDDDDD THE INDUSTRIAL AGRICULTURAL COMPLEXXXXX OMG QUEEN SLAY MEEEEE :nooo:

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Danny Milk
13 minutes ago, ARTPOPe said:

She just posted a snippet of New America

she's sick for teasing pink convertible again considering its not on the album 😭

I guess it doesn't really matter

ARTPOPe
1 minute ago, Danny Milk said:

she's sick for teasing pink convertible again considering its not on the album 😭

Oh my, I didn't even realize :messga:

That Deluxe Version better be coming, Marina :neyde:

Stream The Love Invention

ARTPOPe

Don't underestimate me
Cause one day you're gonna see
You're in a losing battle
And you'll never stop me be me

Whatever you give life
You're gonna get back
Why be a wallflower
When you can be a Venus Fly Trap

Venus Fly Trap announcement coming soon(-ish) :woot:

Shame that the album apparently barely makes it over 30 minutes though :triggered:

Reid LePage
25 minutes ago, ajmsamuel said:

but also this.. i read a review and acording to that new america will be the sister of ADIAML and Purge The Poison.. but who knows

i think it's the production, the beat is fast but the lyrics and her cadence is quite slow and dreamy, a weird contrast

ajmsamuel
13 hours ago, ARTPOPe said:

Oh my, I didn't even realize :messga:

That Deluxe Version better be coming, Marina :neyde:

is there an actual snippet? i see Lota of fans askin for that song, is that that good? 

kindest regards

ajmsamuel
13 hours ago, Hybrid Rose said:

i think it's the production, the beat is fast but the lyrics and her cadence is quite slow and dreamy, a weird contrast

a weird but interesting contrast

kindest regards

ARTPOPe
17 minutes ago, ajmsamuel said:

is there an actual snippet? i see Lota of fans askin for that song, is that that good? 

Spoiler

Sorry to the flowers and the trees
And the fish poisoned in the seven seas
The private jet, the cool on the 'Gram
40 pairs of Nikes you’re the man

Leave me alone with my luck and money
And I don’t want to know that it’s a time bomb, honey
Let me enjoy my lack of trouble
And nothing’s going to burst my money bubble

I just wanna forget
How ****ed up is our planet

Laughing all the time, driving in the sunshine
Pink convertible, living in the free world
We’re so ****ing blind, praying we’ll be fine
We keep laughing all the time, driving in the sunshine

Let them eat cake and keep our-

Personally it's not my favourite and I preferred Happy Loner from the snippet, but oh well.

ARTPOPe

The ambitious “Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land” is another kind of calibration. “The way that we treat people is linked to our connection to the planet,” she said while discussing its second single, the propulsive “Purge the Poison.” (It also has a remix featuring *** Riot.) “It’s all tied to a degrading of femininity. Across this album, there’s such a yearning for a focus on the feminine.”

“This is going to sound taboo, but I was drawn to the fact that Marina’s a woman, and I’m one of the only female producers in the business, and we spoke each other’s language,” Decilveo said in a phone interview. “She’s the real deal and, in this strange pop market, it’s refreshing to have somebody with lyrics that are going against the grain.”

merlin_188384325_d509b437-f389-45f9-a4dd-859d7fef9514-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp

The second half of “Ancient Dreams” is more inward-focused — a breakup album —  including “Highly Emotional People,” a delicate ballad interrogating male stoicism, and the plangent closer, “Goodbye.” During the pandemic, Diamandis split from her longtime boyfriend, Jack Patterson of the British electro-pop band Clean Bandit, with whom she shared a house and several cats.

“On ‘Goodbye’ I was crying so hard as I was writing it that I actually couldn’t record the demo properly,” she said during a stroll near her home. Her candy-striped sundress accommodated the stifling April weather, and she covered her inky black hair with a straw hat. “Songwriting is the best cure,” she added.

“It’s the closest cousin in the discography to that first record,” Davies said. “It’s her most indie, alternative record yet.” It’s also her strongest political statement, and for that she partly credits this strange and terrifying past year. “I would hope people don’t hear it as preaching,” she said. “The pandemic allowed a lot of us to step back and look at what kind of lives we’re living, and nothing feels sustainable.”

Diamandis already noticed pushback online to some of her positions on current issues. “I like seeing comments like, ‘She used capitalism to get where she is,’ because it does make me think about my own place,” she continued. “But we’re all allowed to challenge the system that we’re in.”

From: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/01/arts/music/marina-ancient-dreams-in-a-modern-land.html

ARTPOPe

One week y'all :excited2:

Song lengths:

image0.png?width=359&height=586

ARTPOPe

Welp, it's only a matter of time now... :smh:

nightadieu
17 minutes ago, ARTPOPe said:

How does that keep happening :crossed:

jimmytimestep
9 minutes ago, nightadieu said:

How does that keep happening :crossed:

It really is amazing isn’t it?
if I were at a label I’d push so hard to delay physical releases by a week or something

ajmsamuel
50 minutes ago, ARTPOPe said:

im sad, mad, and happy at the same time :huntyga:

kindest regards

Archived