đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

MARINA - Ancient Dreams In A Modern Land

Cybikitty

Featured Posts

pink sushi

I’m kind of disappointed in this album. I was really looking forward to it and I LOVED all the songs she released up to Venus Fly Trap and expected the album to be filled with upbeat jams. But then to find out that nearly half the album are ballads….. I like some ballads but they definitely are not my favorite thing and the ones on this album do not impress me. :interestinga:

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOPe

Hearing the Dolby Atmos tracks of the album is just... wow :nooo:

The harpsichord in Ancient Dreams, the track, takes me back to The Family Jewels :bradley:
The background vocals are heavenly too :bradley:

Stream The Love Invention

Emigrante
1 minute ago, ARTPOPe said:

Hearing the Dolby Atmos tracks of the album is just... wow :nooo:

The harpsichord in Ancient Dreams, the track, takes me back to The Family Jewels :bradley:
The background vocals are heavenly too :bradley:

what are Dolby Atmos? where can I listen to that?

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

nightadieu
2 hours ago, pink sushi said:

I’m kind of disappointed in this album. I was really looking forward to it and I LOVED all the songs she released up to Venus Fly Trap and expected the album to be filled with upbeat jams. But then to find out that nearly half the album are ballads….. I like some ballads but they definitely are not my favorite thing and the ones on this album do not impress me. :interestinga:

You must not know Marina very well then

6 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

what are Dolby Atmos? where can I listen to that?

They’re on Apple Music if you are subscribed 

ARTPOPe
5 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

what are Dolby Atmos?

https://www.dolby.com/technologies/dolby-atmos/
Basically different elements of the song coming at you from different angles, if you have the proper equipment.

6 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

where can I listen to that?

The album is uploaded in Dolby Atmos on Apple Music.
Here you can find some of the layers combined together: https://dbree.org/s/marina

Chromatography

goodbye, venus fly trap, and flowers are the best of the album. ADIAML and mans world are middle of the road. the rest i don’t think i’ll listen to again. this is the first marina album that i’m not the biggest fan of.

codymonster

“I’ve been a mother to everyone else, 

every mother ****er except my self,

and I don’t even have any kids.”

This part just wrecks me. I don’t know what her feelings on being a mother are, but this is giving me the vibes that she is painfully aware that she is 35, single, with no kids, and has spent the last years of her life mothering people that aren’t even in her life anymore. It would be tough knowing all that effort could have gone into herself, or finding a new partner, or raising a child; basically anything that could have been an investment to herself today. God, this album is a journey :messga:

tyler k
4 hours ago, codymonster said:

“I’ve been a mother to everyone else, 

every mother ****er except my self,

and I don’t even have any kids.”

This part just wrecks me. I don’t know what her feelings on being a mother are, but this is giving me the vibes that she is painfully aware that she is 35, single, with no kids, and has spent the last years of her life mothering people that aren’t even in her life anymore. It would be tough knowing all that effort could have gone into herself, or finding a new partner, or raising a child; basically anything that could have been an investment to herself today. God, this album is a journey :messga:

this lyric hit me a sack of bricks:giveup:

what you wrote here further makes me believe that this album is her as Mother Nature breaking up with the planet Earth (and America lmao) 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

ARTPOPe

Just listened to the "Songwriting Demos" that she made herself at home and again and again I'm amazed by just how much Marina is the actual brain and creative force behind the songs and has (mostly) been since day 1.

She may not be considered the best songwriter in the world, but it's 100% her and I love that she is doing her thing.

Inferno
On 6/12/2021 at 7:01 AM, pink sushi said:

I generally enjoyed the promo singles. The album as a whole doesn't make me c*m but its okay. Definitely better than L+F in terms of her actually emoting and not polishing it out in crystal clean bandit production.

Something about her sound post-EH, balladry especially, just isn't as visceral. Its more like shes fallen into her own cliche of hypnotically cooing her thoughts on love and society like a siren. Which is not a bad thing but tends to become a bit dull after the 4th song in a row (speaking on the ballad heavy second half of the record). Maybe I just find her work less vocally dimensional even if its improved from a technical standpoint? Idk. Rambling. I definitely dont dislike the album, I enjoy aspects, but im not living for it either. Thoughts?

Battle 4 Ur Life

Venus Fly Trap is that song.

a quirky bop. production slaps.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Infinity Wave
On 6/13/2021 at 5:40 AM, ARTPOPe said:

Just listened to the "Songwriting Demos" that she made herself at home and again and again I'm amazed by just how much Marina is the actual brain and creative force behind the songs and has (mostly) been since day 1.

She may not be considered the best songwriter in the world, but it's 100% her and I love that she is doing her thing.

Could you help me find them? I'd so like to listen to them too!

Thanks so much :heart:

Colourful

Infinity Wave
2 hours ago, ARTPOPe said:

The fact that she produced these is AMAZING

I mean, no one can deny how good she is in producing and writing ALL by herself... the complexity of the instrumentals, the harmonies... she is SO talented

Colourful

Grigio Guy

Can we talk about how New America sounds like FROOT???

or how Highly Emotional People sounds like Buy The Stars???

Religion is a product to sell.

Archived