Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ARTPOP GAGA's Magnum Opus?

Aphasic

Featured Posts

Summerboi14
31 minutes ago, NFRatwell said:

BTW is still her best to me. Idk why, but when I think about a second act of BTW I don’t really get excited. Part of me thinks it’s because BTW is so good that it really doesn’t need a second version, it’s story is already complete. ARTPOP makes sense to have a second volume and have all the hype because it feels like something that can be added on to. 

Maybe it's because we know there is Act II for ARTPOP and maybe she didn't record that much songs for BTW.

It could also be that ARTPOP Act II sounds more like ARTPOP than the BTW rejects. 

Gerrard174

ARTPOP is her best album imo

BTW has fillers and i dont listen to half of the tracks anymore

HuffsAhoy

Her magnum opus will forever be Born This Way. It's the album she will come to be remembered the most for because it's cultural impact was (and is) truly once in a lifetime. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

gagaisitalian

I'm going to be crazy and say, to me, Chromatica is her new Magnum Opus. I can't believe how much fans complain about this era, as I have loved it the most and have somehow fallen even more in love with her. I've also seen three of my close friends finally get turned on to Gaga with this album. Also, to me, it is sonically and lyrically the most "Gaga".

I understand to critics and most fans, BTW and TFM will be the true Magnum Opus. But we can have this discussion in eight years when a new generation of twinks are calling for Chromatica Act 2.

Justin Drew Bieber

Born This Way will always be her magnum opus and I think it still doesn’t get the love it deserves, hopefully we can make it #1 on iTunes for its 10th anniversary 

Ronk
53 minutes ago, Aphasic Top said:

Do you think that due to the recent re-peak of ARTPOP on social media and charts will it change people's mind about how they perceive the album today within her albums catalogue?

Yes, perception is the key.  People's opinions are driven by external things like the initial feeling a person had, the opinions of others, and other things surrounding an event.  ARTPOP got off to a bad start because of circumstances that were not Gaga's fault but still made the release seem messy.  This gave people a bad initial reaction, a bad feeling about the album.  All the negativity posted by others has an effect on how one perceives the album.  People aren't like Spock who may have been able to judge the album on the merits of the music alone.  People are human and are driven by emotion.  So yes, the surge of ARTPOP could sway opinions of the album.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Aphasic
1 minute ago, Ronk said:

Yes, perception is the key.  People's opinions are driven by external things like the initial feeling a person had, the opinions of others, and other things surrounding an event.  ARTPOP got off to a bad start because of circumstances that were not Gaga's fault but still made the release seem messy.  This gave people a bad initial reaction, a bad feeling about the album.  All the negativity posted by others has an effect on how one perceives the album.  People aren't like Spock who may have been able to judge the album on the merits of the music alone.  People are human and are driven by emotion.  So yes, the surge of ARTPOP could sway opinions of the album.

This is what I was asking for and finally recieved an objective answer. Thanks for understanding the question and intention of the question. 

The majority have answered very kindly but misunderstood the intent of the question. 

It wasn't if us the stans would view it differently but rather the public and critics in general. 

Love and virtual hugs to everyone. ❤️

MadreMonster

If ARTPOP had a few fillers removed for more experimental tracks, I’d consider it her magnum opus. Sometimes it leans on the side of a caricature of Gaga and something she was trying to convince was still in her than genuinely Gaga.

I think ARTPOP is her most GAGA album but BTW is more her LADY Gaga album - if that makes sense. A perfect fusion of both personas. BTW really tells her story and her purpose in life - ARTPOP is more expressing her pain.

Archived