Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga Tweets About ARTPOP

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

13 minutes ago, insight said:

Ahead of its time? EDM was already out the door in the fall of 2013. I'm puzzled 🤨

the synthwave duo that is the title track and do what u want, trailblazing trap bop jewels n drugs and disco revival excellence fashion! say otherwise :billie:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion
Just now, NicoB said:

Why people can't respect us, old hags trapped in the 2010's pop. Let me be happy

Channel 4 Love GIF by Five Guys A Week

we’re all stuck in 2010 wym 😭

OMonster
6 minutes ago, insight said:

Ahead of its time? EDM was already out the door in the fall of 2013. I'm puzzled 🤨

I don’t think she is ever referring to the genre of the music when she says that. I think it is a comment about how it pushed the boundaries on what a mainstream pop artist should be doing. The songs were thematically and lyrically very out of the box and far removed from the days of Just Dance and even Born This Way. It was a complex album wrapped in chaos and EDM beats... look beyond the surface, and it was a very risky move. It was very bold and uniquely Gaga.   

subtext / fantasy

NichuuB
1 minute ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

we’re all stuck in 2010 wym 😭

Preach GIF

Property of @Whale

A MESS
37 minutes ago, Pretty Please said:

Girl you over reaching to hype up everyone just for them to act like its a grand betrayal when she doesnt put one out isnt admins fault

ARTPOP II - The Grand Betrayal is coming y'all, told ya so!!!!!!!!! :enigma:

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

Lampost

This sounds cute - we know Gaga doesn't look back fondly on ARTPOP but I feel like things like this help her to see it in a new light, more positively.

PartySick
54 minutes ago, Nicole337 said:

Also: @Admin, Most members are well aware of you removing threads regarding ARTPOP and the ACT II discussions and we're very disappointed in you. Shame on you.

For clarity, it's because Admin has Haus contacts and the petition was inspiring some pretty OTT harassment of Gaga's people. Sometimes we just don't want GGD to be a part of things like that, even promoting them :sweat:

But if we actually get Act II out of this :bradley: holy sh*t :bradley: either way, ARTPOP is the album that made me a Monster so I'm glad to see it getting the love it deserves :sara:

🖤

insight
7 minutes ago, garden said:

the synthwave duo that is the title track and do what u want, trailblazing trap bop jewels n drugs and disco revival excellence fashion! say otherwise :billie:

Fashion was riding the Daft Punk wave of revived electro funk.

RudraCNG

Btw am I the only one who finds it strange how she says "for A volume II" on the 1st tweet? Shouldn't she say "for THE volume II"? It's as if she didn't acknowledge there is already a volume II and she was talking about doing a sequel of ARTPOP.

Maybe it's just me, I'm not an English native speaker.

Massive Monster

PLEASE GAGA go full on experimental on us :tony:

I always felt the album versions of the songs didn't do them justice. 

If ARTPOP Act II happens, wouldn't it be cool to include Aura, MANiCURE and Sexxx Dreams earlier versions? 

Kind regards

David Ward
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

For clarity, it's because Admin has Haus contacts and the petition was inspiring some pretty OTT harassment of Gaga's people. Sometimes we just don't want GGD to be a part of things like that, even promoting them :sweat:

But if we actually get Act II out of this :bradley: holy sh*t :bradley: either way, ARTPOP is the album that made me a Monster so I'm glad to see it getting the love it deserves :sara:

Thanks for the insight! It would have been nice to have some transparency and just have him explain that. It made him look like he was trying to railroad this petition. Many members were not happy. 

I find it a little silly to censor stuff like this. Even if there is harassment, unfortunately. It's the internet. Gaga Daily was not acting in any way negative on this matter, in fact, we were kind, loving and passionate regarding this particular movement.

Transparency tends to create a healthy and non-toxic environment within the community :heart:

1 minute ago, insight said:

Fashion was riding the Daft Punk wave of revived electro funk.

And ARTPOP (song) was basically a rehash of Selena Gomez's Love You Like A Love Song.

It's fine that ARTPOP was sonically dated on arrival, I think it was the emotional vulnerability and absolute eccentricness that makes it ahead of its time.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

A MESS

honestly, water has passed under the bridge since I was an avid Little Monster - in the last years I even detached from Gaga and became super critical about her moves (not vocally on the web, we have enough spiteful kids running their filthy mouths and spreading negativity). but the way I loved her in the BTW-ARTPOP arch of her career and the fact that she aknowledged us in this way made my heart melt and I tear up. I don't care about ARTPOP vol II (well, I care, I mean I would listen and hype, but I'm not the artist, you know) I only care about the fact she is now happier and was able to recognize that we support her and that ARTPOP doesn't have to be ALL negative, but can be a testament of strength and love in face of fear :pawsup:

Генерал Марина Абрамовић

Archived