Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Met Gala 2021 is... American Fashion

Lighter

Featured Posts

Schwerk

Not the most exciting theme but interesting if anyone will put a nice spin on it. I instantly think of:

- Denim

- African American culture (very rich broad from soul, to hiphop to bronner brothers) , I think Symone's drag is a perfect example of how to translate this to a Met look:

9h23t39p3rs61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

dnxnvk1kgpm61.jpg?auto=webp&s=2ff9baf932

hopkjgruuzc61.jpg?width=1078&format=pjpg

- Brands like Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Donna Karan.

- Workwear

- Sportswear

- Sequins (The US rules the 80's full sequin looks)

- Bandshirts/Big Branding

- American flags

- 80's Miami Vice looks / broad shouldered pastels 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nikola

More than a half of them dont even follow the theme.... so it will not matter at the end

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

weed

Omgggg okay American Designers I’m more here for, that’s kinda exciting. Tom Ford, Jeremy Scott, Marc Jacobs, Vera Wang, Bob Mackie, Betsey Johnson, etc!!! Lots of classic looks, classic Hollywood, ooo 20s theme would’ve been cute. 

LastNight

Weird, they did a similar theme in 2010, 'American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity' - it was a look back on American fashion of the past and how it influenced present day fashion. Interested to see how they approach this one.

I would like to see some cute Roaring Twenties flapper dresses and short hairstyles!

1*cEE2aTinjcqz_xqzmYo3WA.jpeg

Anyway the first Gaga outfit I was reminded of was this one with the pilgrim buckle boots:

rs_634x1024-131030094915-634-ladygaga-jc

⚡🐲

Mother of Puppies

Maybe something like this :selena:

katy--z.jpg

c6589e1121ce7b53c55640f4029a5cad.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReEszkIX1Vv4J5K4xA5uc

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Ivannn
1 hour ago, Cello said:

Hmm, this could be a very diverse theme. I'm expecting there could be some Jackie Kennedy homage, shes the American style icon that came to my mind first. 

jackieo-composite-v2-0.jpg?width=1200

Marilyn Monroe and Liz Taylor too perhaps. 

everything in this pic is european fashion

StrawberryBlond

I think it'll probably work out that everyone is basically wearing American designers, that's a classic way the theme is interpreted. But there will definitely be some comedic moments as people will take it ironically. I think it's so weird that Americans here are hearing this theme and then saying that America has no culture of fashion outside stereotypical cowboy hats. I've never lived in America and yet I acknowledge and respect your fashion culture more than that. It's like when we hear that America doesn't have a culture. Every country has a culture, otherwise, it ceases to exist!

Snejana

this is a great theme tbh american fashion is very rich and diverse (in terms of aesthetic) you have halston, bob mackie, charles james, adrian, edith head, tom ford, rick owens and marc jacobs just to name a few american designers that helped shape fashion as we know today, the possibilities are endless :bradley:

Archived