• The Fame
    • The Fame Monster
    • Born This Way
    • ARTPOP
    • Joanne
    • Chromatica

Featured Posts

Justin Drew Bieber

Which is it, in your opinion? I’d have to go with The Fame Monster.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ballerios

no other answers than the fame monster and the monster ball .. the most gaga ever :)

Wet Fire

I feel like Born This Way sort of represents all that Gaga stands for. The message of self-love, the extravaganza and the combining of art and pop.

PartySick

ARTPOP

lady gaga applause GIF

Controversial, misunderstood, electric, personal, chaotic, and not truly appreciated until years later :bradley:

I've always thought of TF/TFM as "pop albums", BTW is a love song (album) from the listener to society, ARTPOP is directly from Gaga to us, and Joanne is for Gaga.

🖤

StarstruckIllusion

Gaga is supposed to be an ever changing concept, so every album is equally her most Gaga album. Moot question tbh

venuspop

I feel that if everything went the way they were intended to during the ARTPOP era, that would've been Gaga's most Gaga era, however, I'm gonna say TFM closely followed by BTW and ARTPOP

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

Monsieur D

I voted for BTW... but now I have changed my mind. 

I think ARTPOP is her most "Gaga" album (even though I think that since "Gaga" is an ethereal concept, there may be multiple answers).

coolninjaguy

TFM and BTW (the two where gaga fires on all cylinders more or less), the rest serve as caricatures :yennefer:

NYC Monster

For me, I'd say TFM and especially with how she toured that album. But BTW is a very close second. 

ARTGOD

ARTPOP.

When Gaga came out with The Fame she talked a lot about wanting to revolutionize pop music and unite the worlds of art and pop, constantly referencing Warhol and his work. That to me showed that Gaga as an artist and as a persona had a clear goal and everything she did with The Fame reflected that, she was artsy, glamorous and smart but also tacky, cheap and easily digestible.

With The Fame Monster and Born This Way it seems like that art obsessed Gaga kinda took a backseat to another Gaga more focused on self empowerment and with a more gothic aesthetic. She also became an activist so she had to take herself a bit more seriously.

ARTPOP felt like a return to form in many ways, she picks ups where she left off with The Fame, she starts referencing Warhol again, her goal goes back to being about revolutionizing pop music and merging it with the art world, and her aesthetic goes back to being campy and fun, even her iconic platinum blond wig comes back in many iterations.

If there is an album that takes everything that made Lady Gaga unique and interesting when she came out and turns it up to eleven it is ARTPOP. The Fame Monster and Born This Way are great too but they mostly explore sides of Gaga that I don’t believe form the core of her essence like The Fame and ARTPOP do.

Archived