Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

LG5 Thread

ThatGagaBoobStan

Featured Posts

S0436

I suppose I can’t blame her for being persuaded to go in another direction if Mark Ronson was involved - his suave good looks and articulation would have won most people over and then you have his past hits with Amy Winehouse, so who wouldn’t be persuaded?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RhopaloceraEFFECT
6 hours ago, ThatGagaBoobStan said:

So I want to know what you guys remember from the Original LG5...what it was like..the rumored songs, any leaks you guys are aware and if you wished it happened. I was only like 10 so I don’t remember it:huntyga::messga:

U have what u asked for .

RhopaloceraEFFECT
3 hours ago, Infinity Wave said:

The fact that, for the last 2 albums, we were THIS close to get music we had all been waiting for, music that would have had everyone on the edge of their seats, music that was gonna make our fandom implode from excitement

Instead, two producers went to Gaga and told her "this sucks, let's do this thing I have in my mind and I think it is what you should definitely do" 

Same for Enigma - no need to explain anything here.

We should all be concerned that our girl lets other people take a toll on her truthful creativity and convince her that it sucks and she should do something else...

I love Joanne and very much like Chromatica. But to think at what they could have been if Gaga had stuck to her original ideas instead of being conditioned to do something else... it irks me so much.

Thank u for being one of the few people who speaking the truth  ..

Bloodpop is the one who took a toll on her creativity and convice her to scrap the original LG5 and the music she made with djws before chromatica was a thing .. he even made her cry with telling her that the music she made is bad .. 

This guy is the reason why gaga is tired of making music .. he's a bully and super manipulative. And i'm sure of what i'm talking about  .. and time will prove that . 

Leoooo

I read in a billboard interview (I think, but 1000% read it) That "With ARTPOP there was a lot of chaos wrapped in colours but that isnt what everyone wants to hear, they want perfection, they want a Just Dance or a Bad Romance and i'm happy to give them that"

I remeber vividly as I was then (at that age) just desperate for another Fame so it got me so excited, also Redone saying they had come full circle and were trying to 'recreate the magic'. I think when she met Mark he was like, yo chillllll lets just go to basics and be who you are now and she needed that more, where as allot of us wanted the original album idea, at that time atleast. Love Joanne still, but I was so hyped.

Also Elton John saying what he heard reminded him of Bad Romance and that they had a lead single ready, mad to think that album just exists somewhere and we cant hear it. If it wasnt for Joanne though, she would not be where she is right now I dont think, so looking back, i'm glad

rinasawachanta
4 hours ago, Julien Mayer said:

The only lyrics I remembered are : Stitch me back together

Some fans shared lyrics here in 2017

all parts in place
an electric shock
your lustful (or something like that) gaze
and I live again

LilyLark
3 hours ago, Medusa said:

Also Elton John saying what he heard reminded him of Bad Romance and that they had a lead single ready, mad to think that album just exists somewhere and we cant hear it. If it wasnt for Joanne though, she would not be where she is right now I dont think, so looking back, i'm glad

Yup, I agree that her career wouldn't be where it is if it wasn't for Joanne. No shade to Katy, whom I like a lot, but I suspect she might have even been in Katy's position if she had released more RedOne songs instead of the 1 2 3 punch of C2C, Joanne, and ASIB.

My unpopular opinion is that even after C2C....a RedOne style album (or even Chromatica) would not have been well received. The GP and several major critics (even if some critics thought Joanne was kind of a stretch) seemed tired of Gaga's....gaga-ness...even if it's what some fans wanted. I think she needed Joanne for a lot of people to appreciate her again and the sort of sporadic, and not full throttle, re-introduction of her "Gaga-ness"  (Super Bowl, etc.) is why the GP/media has mostly warmed to her personality right now (even if she's still a bit polarizing) instead of people complaining that she's tiring/too much/etc. Chromatica and TFM are her most critically acclaimed albums, but I feel like if Chromatica had been released in 2016 it would be a different story.

*Also, I love RedOne and would like to listen to the original LG5 songs...but I feel like fans have sort of memory-holed that critics often went after his production for sounding too much like Ace of Base, ABBA, Madonna, etc. TBF 95% of artists are inspired by others and Gaga seemed to be unfairly singled out for this—but RedOne, of all her producers, was the one who produced the most songs that were seen by some as quasi-copying others. That might have been one of (many) factors in why LG5 got scrapped and why she hasn't worked with him again. People hate on BloodPop, but with the exception of Babylon his production doesn't really have the same issue (it brings up general French 90s House vibes, but not particular songs, etc.).

Poissonche

Omg I'm reading this and I'm like haha yea that recent thing but this Chaos Angel sh!t was 6 years ago already what the heck

monketsharona
3 hours ago, LilyLark said:

*Also, I love RedOne and would like to listen to the original LG5 songs...but I feel like fans have sort of memory-holed that critics often went after his production for sounding too much like Ace of Base, ABBA, Madonna, etc. TBF 95% of artists are inspired by others and Gaga seemed to be unfairly singled out for this—but RedOne, of all her producers, was the one who produced the most songs that were seen by some as quasi-copying others. That might have been one of (many) factors in why LG5 got scrapped and why she hasn't worked with him again. People hate on BloodPop, but with the exception of Babylon his production doesn't really have the same issue (it brings up general French 90s House vibes, but not particular songs, etc.).

Most of copying issues she had in terms of music are linked to DJWS and Fernando Garibay produced songs (more especially on BTW) tbh

LilyLark
10 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Most of copying issues she had in terms of music are linked to DJWS and Fernando Garibay produced songs (more especially on BTW) tbh

I don't know....I agree Garibay was also a huge part of the issue, but I think RedOne had a rather pivotal part, too.  Alejandro, Monster, and Judas were all RedOne tracks and criticized for the "copying" issue...Granted, the biggest example, BTW, is a Garibay/DJWS track.

Than again, tbf I'm not sure how much of this is even on the producers because Gaga's music (at times) seems unfairly singled out for "copying" when there are plenty of other artists who have done similar things and haven't had an issue.

monketsharona
7 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I don't know....I agree Garibay was also a huge part of the issue, but I think RedOne had a rather pivotal part, too.  Alejandro, Monster, and Judas were all RedOne tracks and criticized for the "copying" issue...Granted, the biggest example, BTW, is a Garibay/DJWS track.

Than again, tbf I'm not sure how much of this is even on the producers because Gaga's music (at times) seems unfairly singled out for "copying" when there are plenty of other artists who have done similar things and haven't had an issue.

The biggest 'issue' with Gaga concerning copying thing is that she's sampling a lot on all of her albums (Joanne and Chromatica included). 

If Hey Girl would have been part of BTW it would have been ripped by critics as stealing Elton John. But time has passed and I just think it's not cool anymore to call Lady Gaga a copycat. But she's still working the same at the end of the day. I don't think it's a matter of producing or who is involved as producer. A lot of Chromatica's songs are sampling and using the same recipe she was using in 2008 / 2011.

ARTPOPFrankenstein

So gutted we never got the original concept. She took a year and a half carefully planning and collaborating with a list of producers only to release an album put together in 6 months 😭 Love the original dark concept and aesthetic of the time. Really hope she realises how well this would go down if she released it... 

PawDealer
12 hours ago, IWantYourLove said:

I’m still mad that we got Joanne instead :triggered:

Joanne is good tho but it was released in the wrong era. She released a Country-influenced Pop-rock album in the electropop era.

Gagaaaaaa

PawDealer

I'm pretty sure "The Cure", "Frankensteined", and "Angel Down" are scrapped songs from LG5. Angel Down later was included in Joanne and The Cure is released as a single. 

Gagaaaaaa

Hyoha

Do you guys remember all those pictures of white roses and her talking about wearing red lipstick? Was that also seemingly connected to the scrapped LG5?

Archived