Sign in to follow this  
music news

Gwen Stefani - Slow Clap (Remix feat. Saweetie)

r4therupbeat

I don't understand how Gwen or Fergie can't come back with a good song. they dominated the 2000s

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
bionic
38 minutes ago, r4therupbeat said:

I don't understand how Gwen or Fergie can't come back with a good song. they dominated the 2000s

Gwen needs to change up her style, both in looks and in music. We don’t want LAMB v4 we want something new and fresh

 

i know she has it in her 

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
skaxboy

I wish Gwen could do a synth pop album. Something like the “Physical” remix with Dua. Or even more like “Real Thing,” “Early Winter” or the excellent “Wonderful Life.”

 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bio

She literally has 2 sounds. No Doubt’s ska-pop and bad Hollaback Girl. I also feel like she has nothing to sing about anymore.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rebel
4 minutes ago, Bio said:

She literally has 2 sounds. No Doubt’s ska-pop and bad Hollaback Girl. I also feel like she has nothing to sing about anymore.

This is so clear now. The lyrics for this song sound like Kidz Bop.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Franch Toast

I’m not usually a fan of remixes, but it has to be better than the original. 
 

I love, love, love Gwennie Gwen Gwen, but I hope she’ll reunite with No Doubt, because this new stuff ain’t it. 
200.gif

Edited by Franch Toast
She/Her/Hers
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
r4therupbeat
26 minutes ago, bionic said:

Gwen needs to change up her style, both in looks and in music. We don’t want LAMB v4 we want something new and fresh

 

i know she has it in her 

I knooow. I missed 2006 when Gwen, Fergie and Nelly Furtado slayed so hard:selena:

  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Delaytica

Everything everyone above me said

PLUS

I feel what makes artists successful over time is releasing music that speaks more to who they are as people. Gwen has revealed some things in her previous work (I personally LOVE This Is What The Truth Feels Like) but her most recent works still have an air of superficial.

I think we know so much about her life that when she's making songs like Slow Clap and Let Me Reintroduce Myself, they just seem shallow and trying to appeal to the streaming market. 

I say this as an avid ND and Gwen fan. She's incredibly talented, but perhaps her team is not allowing her to release more authentic and less "trendy" music.

Fingers crossed. 

EDIT: Just think Madonna Ray of Light album, Cher Believe album, Gaga Joanne, Prince, George Michael, Michael Jackson all talked about their own lives and politics.

 

Edited by Delaytica
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
HEARTSTOP
18 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

Everything everyone above me said

PLUS

I feel what makes artists successful over time is releasing music that speaks more to who they are as people. Gwen has revealed some things in her previous work (I personally LOVE This Is What The Truth Feels Like) but her most recent works still have an air of superficial.

I think we know so much about her life that when she's making songs like Slow Clap and Let Me Reintroduce Myself, they just seem shallow and trying to appeal to the streaming market. 

I say this as an avid ND and Gwen fan. She's incredibly talented, but perhaps her team is not allowing her to release more authentic and less "trendy" music.

Fingers crossed. 

EDIT: Just think Madonna Ray of Light album, Cher Believe album, Gaga Joanne, Prince, George Michael, Michael Jackson all talked about their own lives and politics.

 

To be honest, I just don't think she's had that many hardships in life, so it's gotten hard for her to produce "authentic" songs because she's ran out of relatable experiences to share.

I can assure you that if she had a bad breakup with Blake (hopefully not), we'd get a banger of a breakup album after that.

Maybe she could expand her "human rights" themes like Long Way To Go, because this pretend fashionable highschooler ain't it.

Send nudes
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...