💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

DJWS Posts About ARTPOP

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

HotLikeMexico
5 hours ago, GucciGa said:

I honestly don't get why people trash ARTPOP.. I think it's become a thing to do bc how messy it was behind the scenes but the content of the album is actually good with singles that aged very well. I mean if you put on Applause in any club ppl are gonna love it. 

There was always going to be a "fall" when you reached the heights that Gaga did but if ARTPOP was hers then she's doing pretty well.. 

I honestly wish this fandom would grow up, y'all are so mean and shady towards people she works with not to mention her. Here's her friend telling you straight up to leave her alone yet how many of the regular posters won't even realise that they are included in that..... Well you are. 

To answer your very first part, some people just genuinely don’t like ARTPOP. I have been a Gaga fan since the very beginning of her career. I will always love and support anything she does. That doesn’t mean I like EVERYTHING she’s made. I don’t trash ARTPOP but it’s my least favorite and my least played album of hers. It’s just not my thing. Aside from that, the whole era and period was a mess with so much divisiveness. The whole album and era for me is something that I didn’t particularly love in her career. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMonster
15 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

To answer your very first part, some people just genuinely don’t like ARTPOP. I have been a Gaga fan since the very beginning of her career. I will always love and support anything she does. That doesn’t mean I like EVERYTHING she’s made. I don’t trash ARTPOP but it’s my least favorite and my least played album of hers. It’s just not my thing. Aside from that, the whole era and period was a mess with so much divisiveness. The whole album and era for me is something that I didn’t particularly love in her career. 

That's really interesting. What are your thoughts on Chromatica?

subtext / fantasy

Agunimon
22 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

Agreed.

I feel I would have enjoyed it more if it was released prior to The Fame Monster and especially Born This Way.

Lyrically it felt like a step backwards and although the production is seen by others here as experimental, to me it was not. I found it very on par to the other songs released that year. But then again, I was pretty into raw electronic music. 

I do quite enjoy a lot of songs but the low points of the album for me are the lowest points in her career. Particularly Mary Jane Holland and Donatella, which I feel are the worst songs she’s put out.

The era has nothing to do with how I feel about the album. If anything the time after BTW leading into the album was me at peak-Stan. Especially after Swinefest. 

venuspop
55 minutes ago, S0436 said:

I was looking at the album credits and he only co-produced 46% of the album.  Thought it was much more given the way he wrote about it in the OP.

I mean that's nearly half the album? :ohwell:

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

djBuffoon
6 hours ago, waterlikemisery said:

ARTPOP is Lady Gaga, there's no other way i can explain it. it's innocent, avant-garde, misunderstood, abstract, heavy hitting, aggressive, explosive, and delicate all in one.

Very well-said. :heart:

Anderson123
1 hour ago, S0436 said:

I was looking at the album credits and he only co-produced 46% of the album.  Thought it was much more given the way he wrote about it in the OP.

That's half the album and he was the executive producer and that's not counting songs like Tea, In Like With You, Ratchet, Red Flame, Sire, etc. Gaga had over 90 songs for ARTPOP.

I wasn't around as a "super fan" for the ARTPOP era but it made me sad to see what Gaga endured back then :( it was horrible to see a woman who I had idolised and helped me through my darkest times get dragged and hated on for no good reason than just doing what makes her and her fans happiest.

I'm so glad she's in a better place now and is untouchable in terms of her work and art, but I truly believe that the era made her mentally very drained and I thank god for Tony Bennett helping her love music again. Although Joanne wasn't what the fans wanted I'm glad she did the album as it showed her versatility as an artist and helped her as person.

I wouldn't blame Gaga for not wanting to return or talk about the era as it was a very traumatic time in her life and she has every right not to speak about it. It was such an incredible era/album and you can tell that both her and her producers put there heart and soul into the album and the backlash was truly unjustified.

HIM820
2 hours ago, Agunimon said:

I'm speculating that there was some hostility between him and Gaga after the original LG5 was scrapped for Joanne, especially since he was so excited about it and called it ARTPOP's little sister. Based on his post about messaging Gaga, I'm going to assume that this speculation isn't relevant anymore and they have since moved on. 

Yea he definitely was cool with Gaga after Joanne. He was at my stop on the tour literally right next to me on the floor. A few people asked to take pics with him which was funny because he was there with another man and an older couple who I assumed was one of their parents. I’m pretty sure he talked to her after and did some stuff because they both posted a picture of a recording setup on a tour bus or something if I remember correctly. 

Anderson123

Can you imagine Gaga being like "Oh wow I didn't know you guys still wanted these tracks, thank you so much for your messages. You can stream them tonight. Pre-Save ARTPOP Act II now! https://bit.ly/2OkotmS "

Agunimon
5 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Can you imagine Gaga being like "Oh wow I didn't know you guys still wanted these tracks, thank you so much for your messages. You can stream them tonight. Pre-Save ARTPOP Act II now! https://bit.ly/2OkotmS "

OStA.gif

I can't imagine that. :ladyhaha:

LandonM170
7 hours ago, LG666 said:

The ARTPOP era is such an enigma (no pun intended). There is so much mystery and dark tones underneath the fun surface. It's sad because clearly, it was set to be a massive era but there was so much control and power battle behind the scenes which stalled so much of the creative visions and plans.

Speaking of this, back in July of last year when I really became a little monster and learning about the ARTPOP era was the most crazy thing I have ever learned. I remember watching videos about ARTPOP, and feeling that weight on me after from all the **** of it. Here is a note from july 28, 2020 at 12:03am (I couldn't sleep and just needed to get the weight of it all off my chest), "I just need to write this down... the ARTPOP era and everything to do with ARTPOP is crazy and mysteriously. Do What U Want is something" I couldn't form words around DWUW because this was the time I was searching for google drive links of the music video, and I saw about half of it, and it was gross knowing about Mr. R is and does to woman, and I just couldn't think about what he would do to her while she was under if this was actually real.

LandonM170
34 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Something about this is soul crushing knowing it most likely won't happen.

Bella Goth

my heart shattered reading this, see what music industry and rats do to our precious art and pop created by gaga and djws. ARTPOP is an art movement that music industry can't keep up the potential. its not just an album. she really want to create an art movement expression her vision so big but rats behind the team cannot see. i hope someday she and djws revisit and really introduce ARTPOP without rats hand involve. forever ARTPOP

Starmie25

ARTPOP had its flaws, but overall it was such a burst of colour and flavour. It wasn't just a bunch of "EDM NOIZE". I really hope someday she revisits it again or maybe a sequel EP because still lot of potential there tbh. 

GucciGa
10 hours ago, HotLikeMexico said:

Im not really talking about normal preferences though, I mean why does it get dragged as if it was a terrible flop with nothing going for it. Something to be mocked. It's this fandom that perpetuates that myth, and it's a real shame. (but not unexpected from little monsters who extremely dramatic) 

😇

• Admin locked this topic

Archived