Jump to content
The Evolution of Gaga
politics

Florida bans COVID-19 vaccine passports


Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Economy
12 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I just think it's alarming so many are willing to bend to the will of their governments. I think forcing people to carry around vax passports to enter everything is not the way to go.  Cruise lines, theme parks, concert arenas, sure but idk this is a slippery slope. 

I disagree. We already have restrictions sich as these in place during lockdowns. The passports simply would allow u to bypass some of these restrictions because ur no longer a threat

 

This is a pandemic that has killed almost 3M people WW. Literally an entire metropolis worth of ppl are dead from this virus

 

I dont know why ppl want to view or interpret measures trying to control a difficult thing to control as the Government abusing its power. If we dont let them do stuff they need do during emergencies than what purpose does having a Government even serve? Is it just to collect taxes so they can give us free services and nothing else?

 

Measures during emergencies arent suppostu be fun or pleasent and often involve sacrafices of convinience. I think ppl comparing these measures to a dictatorship is an exageration imo

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HuffsAhoy
39 minutes ago, Economy said:

I disagree. We already have restrictions sich as these in place during lockdowns. The passports simply would allow u to bypass some of these restrictions because ur no longer a threat

 

This is a pandemic that has killed almost 3M people WW. Literally an entire metropolis worth of ppl are dead from this virus

 

I dont know why ppl want to view or interpret measures trying to control a difficult thing to control as the Government abusing its power. If we dont let them do stuff they need do during emergencies than what purpose does having a Government even serve? Is it just to collect taxes so they can give us free services and nothing else?

 

Measures during emergencies arent suppostu be fun or pleasent and often involve sacrafices of convinience. I think ppl comparing these measures to a dictatorship is an exageration imo

Isn't your province on yet another lockdown because your government has done nothing but screw up the pandemic responses? :oprah: I think you can see why I am not willing to give governments a pass for insisting we keep shutting things down left and right. For once I can say I am proud to be an American because at least our lives will be back to normal by the end of the summer. Unfortunately you Canadians will be stuck in eternal lockdowns because you allow your government to control you. But this isn't about lockdowns its about Vax passports. It would be an incredible violation of my rights if I am forced to carry a card with me everywhere I go. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.
Link to post
Share on other sites

PartySick
54 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I just think it's alarming so many are willing to bend to the will of their governments. I think forcing people to carry around vax passports to enter everything is not the way to go.  Cruise lines, theme parks, concert arenas, sure but idk this is a slippery slope. 

Is it bending to the government's will when it's something we support? :huh: people should be required to be vaccinated to travel at this point tbh. They're becoming more and more widely available and they're totally free so anyone eligible needs to get it imo :shrug:

At the same time, I don't feel strongly either way about requiring people to be vaccinated to cross state lines. Businesses should definitely be allowed to require vaccines though, especially the ones you stated that have large crowds.

I feel like I don't have a total understanding of what a "vaccine passport" is though :laughga: I'm just inferring from posts here.

Whimsical bitch
Link to post
Share on other sites

HuffsAhoy
7 minutes ago, PartySick said:

people should be required to be vaccinated to travel at this point tbh

This I agree with, especially if you're leaving the United States, cause you don't *have* to travel.  Idk I think I am just getting myself worked up over something that is likely not going to even be a reality :laughga:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.
Link to post
Share on other sites

PartySick
Just now, HuffsAhoy said:

I think I am just getting myself worked up over something that is likely not going to even be a reality :laughga:

Me :chica:

Whimsical bitch
Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughhouse Dandy
1 hour ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I just think it's alarming so many are willing to bend to the will of their governments. I think forcing people to carry around vax passports to enter everything is not the way to go.  Cruise lines, theme parks, concert arenas, sure but idk this is a slippery slope. 

That's the thing though:  cruise lines, theme parks, and concert arenas are like 90% of our economy here :poot:

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Economy
38 minutes ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Isn't your province on yet another lockdown because your government has done nothing but screw up the pandemic responses? :oprah: I think you can see why I am not willing to give governments a pass for insisting we keep shutting things down left and right. For once I can say I am proud to be an American because at least our lives will be back to normal by the end of the summer. Unfortunately you Canadians will be stuck in eternal lockdowns because you allow your government to control you. But this isn't about lockdowns its about Vax passports. It would be an incredible violation of my rights if I am forced to carry a card with me everywhere I go. 

I didnt say i think every lockdown was well handled or that i agreed with all their decisions. I said i dont consider such measures an abuse of power. Theres a big difference

 

Putting into questions their level of competence and being in disagreement with how they handled some details is not necessairily equivalent to thinking they are acting like dictators and abusing power

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ronk
41 minutes ago, PartySick said:

At the same time, I don't feel strongly either way about requiring people to be vaccinated to cross state lines. Businesses should definitely be allowed to require vaccines though, especially the ones you stated that have large crowds.

I feel states should be allowed to require them.

I live outside the space time continuum.
Link to post
Share on other sites

President Biden

Ron Desantis GIF by GIPHY News

Yall need to watch out, this man is Democrat’s biggest threat in 2024.

I got drunk
Link to post
Share on other sites

PartySick
1 minute ago, Ronk said:

I feel states should be allowed to require them.

For sure :music: I wish Florida would considering tourism is huge here. Especially in hotspots like Orlando, Miami, and here on the Space Coast.

Whimsical bitch
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pennywise

Oooh this thread surely will pull a lot of republicans in centrist clothing :billie:

So long ggd, it was nice while it lasted.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pennywise
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

For sure :music: I wish Florida would considering tourism is huge here. Especially in hotspots like Orlando, Miami, and here on the Space Coast.

Will I get banned if I put that bugs bunny gif here :air:

So long ggd, it was nice while it lasted.
Link to post
Share on other sites

HuffsAhoy
35 minutes ago, Roughhouse Dandy said:

That's the thing though:  cruise lines, theme parks, and concert arenas are like 90% of our economy here :poot:

Don't I know it, I worked at Disney for three years before I decided free passes and good deals on their cruise line was not worth the mental anguish and mediocre pay :neyde:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.
Link to post
Share on other sites

PartySick
21 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Will I get banned if I put that bugs bunny gif here :air:

Only if I'm still stuck on Florida when it drifts out into the ocean :neyde:

Whimsical bitch
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good. We can’t create a social credit system in the middle of economic crisis. It’s just cruel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...