Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Demi Lovato - Dancing With The Devil

iAstroLeo

Featured Posts

Chic

This is just the heartbreaking truth. Sometimes trauma really does feel like it’s presented here.

Sneaky Oliver

I wish she could portray the experience in a metaphorical way. Not a fan of her exposing it like this. Not hating her tho.

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Monster Voices
2 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I wish she could portray the experience in a metaphorical way. Not a fan of her exposing it like this. Not hating her tho.

It's a bit much, no? I feel very very uncomfortable being shown something this personal by someone I don't know irl. It may be that I am not one to share much but exposing yourself to this extent gives me second-hand anxiety. Props to her if she's ok with it tho. Love the song.

Forever and Always!

StrawberryBlond

Beyond words. The parts at the 2 minute mark got the tears welling. I actually had to take a good minute afterwards to just sit and compose myself. I can't remember the last time a music video made me feel that way, if ever. I thought up until now that those clips in her documentary of her walking through a forest and up a snowy hill were shots from the video but then when TMZ put up a video of a supposed outtake, I wondered why it was so vastly different to what we'd seen there. Turns out an unflinchingly realistic portrayal piece by piece of that night and aftermath is what we were getting and boy, is it the best option. I hope this provides a shocking wake up call for anyone lost in addiction or knows of someone who needs help. I won't get to listen to her album until Sunday but I'm so ready. Critics are already calling it her best album yet and if it's anywhere near as good as the lead single, we're in for a treat. This video is already one of my favourites of all time.

10 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I think making it this graphically real is necessary. Metaphors can go over your head, literal portrayals hit you like a ton of bricks and it's meant to show the true horror and potentially fatal consequences of addiction. Some people need to see that to make the message sink in. I do have a slight moral dilemma about seeing her addiction commodified, however. Sure, she's used it to make great art but it's about something that nearly killed her and there's profit being made from that. I hope the pressure isn't mounted on her again to be a role model for recovering addicts because the pressure was too much for her last time. We now know that she did try heroin again post-overdose and still smokes weed which makes me concerned to say the least. But I'm just appreciating this wonderful art for what it is. I was always one for music videos that followed the actual words and meaning of the song.

8 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Beyond words. The parts at the 2 minute mark got the tears welling. I actually had to take a good minute afterwards to just sit and compose myself. I can't remember the last time a music video made me feel that way, if ever. I thought up until now that those clips in her documentary of her walking through a forest and up a snowy hill were shots from the video but then when TMZ put up a video of a supposed outtake, I wondered why it was so vastly different to what we'd seen there. Turns out an unflinchingly realistic portrayal piece by piece of that night and aftermath is what we were getting and boy, is it the best option. I hope this provides a shocking wake up call for anyone lost in addiction or knows of someone who needs help. I won't get to listen to her album until Sunday but I'm so ready. Critics are already calling it her best album yet and if it's anywhere near as good as the lead single, we're in for a treat. This video is already one of my favourites of all time.

I think making it this graphically real is necessary. Metaphors can go over your head, literal portrayals hit you like a ton of bricks and it's meant to show the true horror and potentially fatal consequences of addiction. Some people need to see that to make the message sink in. I do have a slight moral dilemma about seeing her addiction commodified, however. Sure, she's used it to make great art but it's about something that nearly killed her and there's profit being made from that. I hope the pressure isn't mounted on her again to be a role model for recovering addicts because the pressure was too much for her last time. We now know that she did try heroin again post-overdose and still smokes weed which makes me concerned to say the least. But I'm just appreciating this wonderful art for what it is. I was always one for music videos that followed the actual words and meaning of the song.

I genuinely believe critics are calling it her best album yet because of the backstory with it and everything she’s gone through , the album itself is like her other albums-very average with a few standout tracks.. possibly even less than usual. I don’t find her re-enacting things particularly brave, I think by now everyone knows what happened and it was a logical artistic step… As for the brave? I’m not really sure, it does look a little bit like capitalisation but I am happy for her if she is truly in a better place now.. I think an actual brave take would have been to create a body of work that didn’t revolve around the biggest story that has been written in the press about her ever

GeeYewWhai

It feels super contrived. Something about the flashyness, generic ready for pop radio production, on the nose metaphors, made it feel almost like an ad for addiction rather than her personal story. Idk I think for such a broad difficult topic to talk about it, she chose the least creative or constructive way to show it. I find it borderline glamorizing addiction

Nothing Happened

SevenWonder

I'm a recovering addict. I root like hell for Lovato as a human, artist, and fellow addict - even if her music isn't my thing. This song is just alright for me. And I think it's fine if she wants to tackle addiction in such a literal way. It might be good for some other addicts to see it in such a light.

But I have to say, her behavior concerns me a bit. She seems to be all over the map - she's bi, she's pan, she's clean, she still drinks, she's a spokesperson for this or that. I don't know. All of those things are fine, of course. Things to be celebrated for sure.

But something just feels off. My spidey sense feels much of this stems from attention seeking more than healing. I'm obviously not her therapist nor do I know her from Adam, but I've been around long enough to see signs of danger. I could be wrong - I hope I am. But if I were in her life? I'd urge her to mellow a bit. Take a step back. 

But that's just my two cents that no one asked for. I truly wish hope she's well and remains so for all her days.

Freud

This is really hard to watch. She's brave to be this personal, rarely seen an artist be this honest and down to earth. Hope she has a good support system and therapy, the documentary and MV shoot could spiral her back.

herassisfamous

I love the song, such smart songwriting and her vocals are fire on this one, The idea for the music video is amazing but having said that, I'm not a fan of the execution. She is so brave tho, and I hope she is feeling much much better

All we need is love

MadreMonster

I hope that she truly is on the other side of her addiction. Addiction is such a hard thing for people who do not experience it to understand.

I’m addicted to cigarettes and when I do quit, it’s the hardest thing to not just fall back into. One time, I had to physically scream at myself to not drive turn into a gas station parking lot to buy some. I try and understand that to worse things and I can’t imagine the heartache and pain drug addicts go through.

I hope Demi can continue in her sobriety ❤️

HEARTSTOP
20 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I feel the exact opposite. I wish she would have shown more graphic images, so people would really take in the message. Somehow having perfect hair and almost flawless makeup and tan in the hospital after having an overdose makes it look less bad than it was.

Also, the guy leaving her doesn't look as bad in this video somehow?

I'm glad she made this video and song though, it's very touching.

IDGAF

Archived