💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

James Charles responds to accusations of messaging minors

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Lottie Winters

It’s amazing how people are trying to debate “looking legal” vs “being legal” there’s really no grey area. It’s either legal or not, it’s called science and math. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nickkoko

What a clown. The authorities have to hold him responsible for his actions, and maybe he'll learn. He can't just commit crimes, then come on his YT channel saying he's sorry and he'll change, and everything will be ok. That's not how it works. I hope charges are pressed against him.

Harry
Just now, Lottie Winters said:

It’s amazing how people are trying to debate “looking legal” vs “being legal” there’s really no grey area. It’s either legal or not, it’s called science and math. 

Exactly this. And some people are willing to accept just looking legal as being enough of a justification, it seems.

Chlorine
7 minutes ago, Lottie Winters said:

There is a difference between thinking / knowing you are doing something illegal or not.

There's also different legal ages of consent in different parts of the world, and in many places it is 16 (including many states in the US). 

Lottie Winters
10 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

There is a difference between thinking / knowing you are doing something illegal or not.

There's also different legal ages of consent in different parts of the world, and in many places it is 16. 

There’s really not. People do things all the time and get caught up and have to face consequences it’s that simple. And he clearly knew talking to underage people is illegal. He may be a predator but he’s not an idiot. 

Not in the US where this PREDATOR resides. The mental gymnastics and hoops you all are going through to defend this PREDATOR is disgusting on many levels. Reaching so hard for what? To defend him? Okay

Chlorine
2 minutes ago, Lottie Winters said:

There’s really not. People do things all the time and get caught up and have to face consequences it’s that simple. And he clearly knew talking to underage people is illegal. He may be a predator but he’s not an idiot. 

Not in the US where this PREDATOR resides. The mental gymnastics and hoops you all are going through to defend this PREDATOR is disgusting on many levels. Reaching so hard for what? To defend him? Okay

But he didn't know they were underage... is my point. And my other point is that 16 is close enough to 18 to not give it much extra thought if you are basing it on looks.  

I edited my post, age of consent is 16 in many US states. I'm really not reaching, lol.

HuffsAhoy

This is sickening :wtf: I am equally disturbed by some of the defenses I'm seeing in this thread predicated solely on the bullet hole filled argument that these boys didn't look legal. I don't care what the legal age of consent someone who is not legally an adult (18 years old) can't really consent. In some countries that legal age of consent is as low as 12, but I imagine the same people who have no issues with James grooming these boys would raise hell over those laws. There is no grey area here. It is disgusting someone of James Charles' age would even entertain the idea of messaging underage boys.

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

StarstruckIllusion
1 hour ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

i don’t need a body language expert to tell me this apology is ****

good bc body language expertise is pseudoscience and glorified body shaming anyway 

Chlorine
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

This is sickening :wtf: I am equally disturbed by some of the defenses I'm seeing in this thread predicated solely on the bullet hole filled argument that these boys didn't look legal. I don't care what the legal age of consent someone who is not legally an adult (18 years old) can't really consent. In some countries that legal age of consent is as low as 12, but I imagine the same people who have no issues with James grooming these boys would raise hell over those laws. There is no grey area here. It is disgusting someone of James Charles' age would even entertain the idea of messaging underage boys.

Alright.

So, two high school teenagers are dating and in love. They are both 17. One is slightly older and turns 18 first. Is the 18 year old now a pedophile? 

Harry
5 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

But he didn't know they were underage... is my point. And my other point is that 16 is close enough to 18 to not give it much extra thought if you are basing it on looks.  

I edited my post, age of consent is 16 in many US states. I'm really not reaching, lol.

More importantly he didn't care enough to find out if they were of age or not? Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp? Especially when he has ran into this exact situation before. He admitted himself that out of desperation he neglected to really have that very important information certified - that's completely and utterly messed up. And not defendable. 

Just now, PussPuss said:

Alright.

So, two high school teenagers are dating and in love. They are both 17. One is slightly older and turns 18 first. Is the 18 year old now a pedophile? 

This hypothetical situation does not clear James of anything lmao

Lottie Winters
2 minutes ago, PussPuss said:

Ack ouch you need to read the bilaws of these states in most states with age of consent is 16 the older party limit is 18 meaning a 16 year old can consent to sex with ANOTHER MINOR. Regardless, texting/sexting a minor from another state (where let’s say the consent age is 16) it would be a federal issue because the age of consent federally is 18 and so is CALIFORNIA where he’s from. You are really reaching to defend this predator which to me is so gross. 

Reality
4 hours ago, Harry said:

I just think it's so disturbing the level of mental gymnastics that people like you will go to in order to make this seem in any way excusable. Again - it's not as if this was an isolated incident. The subjective nature of how old one might think another looks is such a tiny and inconsequential part of this. He's in his 20s and knows better. His behaviour is creepy, irresponsible and potentially damaging. And he knows it better than most people because he's been exposed for it on a public level before! There is simply no buts to be added. It is horrible and inexcusable, ESPECIALLY because it's repeated behaviour.

It's absolutely baffling to me the lengths that some people will go to defend things like this just because it's a celebrity they like. Just say that it's wrong without trying to sugarcoat it and position blame elsewhere.

The fact that you are continually trying to push on me saying "it's disturbing that you are defending this" is disturbing in it of itself. How many times in my responses do I have to say that James is also in the wrong. Like I said countless times before, I am not trying to defend him. He obviously has his own set of issues that he has to deal with. What is not clicking? You're talking about me doing mental gymnastics when you seem to be ignoring everything I said.

This isn't a black and white scenario. What people like you do is fail to look at the nuances of the situation. And likewise, it's baffling to me that some people are willing to say things like he's a child predator without understanding both sides of the argument. If a 16 or 17 year-old guy was texting him saying that he was 18 or 19, you CAN and MUST blame James for not doing his research, but you cannot completely absolve the other person for lying in the first place. 

You said that James should know better because this has been made public before. I 100% agree with that, and it seems like he did learn from it after the Tati/Jeffree situation, but it also seems like he reverted back to those ways again (something he talked about in the video). 

If you want to blame him for something, blame him for going online and trying to "date" people over social media. That critque is 100% valid because he SHOULD know better than to be doing that in the first place. But to blame him as a creepy child predator makes no sense to me. 

🃏🖤👹

Chlorine
Just now, Harry said:

More importantly he didn't care enough to find out if they were of age or not? Why is that such a difficult concept to grasp? Especially when he has ran into this exact situation before. He admitted himself that out of desperation he neglected to really have that very important information certified - that's completely and utterly messed up. And not defendable. 

I did say up above I get that it's the adult's role to have due diligence and they are ultimately responsible. I'm not sticking up for him, but I'm also not willing to go ahead and say this was premeditated predatory behavior. I think James Charles is just dumb. 

Harry
Just now, Reality said:

The fact that you are continually trying to push on me saying "it's disturbing that you are defending this" is disturbing in it of itself. How many times in my responses do I have to say that James is also in the wrong. Like I said countless times before, I am not trying to defend him. He obviously has his own set of issues that he has to deal with. What is not clicking? You're talking about me doing mental gymnastics when you seem to be ignoring everything I said.

This isn't a black and white scenario. What people like you do is fail to look at the nuances of the situation. And likewise, it's baffling to me that some people are willing to say things like he's a child predator without understanding both sides of the argument. If a 16 or 17 year-old guy was texting him saying that he was 18 or 19, you CAN and MUST blame James for not doing his research, but you cannot completely absolve the other person for lying in the first place. 

You said that James should know better because this has been made public before. I 100% agree with that, and it seems like he did learn from it after the Tati/Jeffree situation, but it also seems like he reverted back to those ways again (something he talked about in the video). 

If you want to blame him for something, blame him for going online and trying to "date" people over social media. That critque is 100% valid because he SHOULD kow better than to be doing that in the first place. But to blame him as a creepy child predator makes no sense to me

Of course it doesn't lol. As I said, weird hill to die on. Enjoy your day.

Lottie Winters

JAMES CHARLES LIKES YOUNG BOYS AND KEEPS GETTING IN TROUBLE FOR IT. Let’s just say it and stop debating it. It’s wrong. 

Archived