Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Contradiction of 'Music Not the Bling'

Jill

Featured Posts

Magui
3 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Don't most people just bring that up to make a joke? 

For awhile I thought so too.... but reading this thread definitely not a joke :triggered:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon
2 minutes ago, Magui said:

For awhile I thought so too.... but reading this thread definitely not a joke :triggered:

I've only ever used it to make a joke (for instance, the watch she was partnered with since it's so expensive). Granted I realize it's a bit tongue in cheek. I don't personally care what she does to help her brand or business.

She's a brand herself after all. I think people took that too literally. Brand deals are pretty essential to marketing in the music industry.

Not to mention it's just saying she loves the music, not the bling. As in, out of everything, she loves the music the most.

GucciGa
45 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Maybe it becomes a problem when she does the brand deals to "afford it" yet never puts it to use?

The truth is if you hadn't stanned her for so long you wouldn't be excited about a ****ing champagne ad, and when said ads are the only content we get in months, we're not crazy for pointing it out. More ads than content is not interesting whatsoever unless you're deep in your cult mentality which is the case for most people here.

🙄 Oh dear lord, she's not here to satisfy your "content v ads" ratio. That doesn't mean make sense bc it's still content. If she was posting selfies or posting her dinner would be be complaining? And If it's not interesting to you then just keep scrolling. It doesn't have to be a big deal. She's going to do what she wants to do either way. She's still getting paid whether you like it or not. 

And how do you know what she dies with her money? You don't. 

😇

Enigma
1 minute ago, GucciGa said:

🙄 Oh dear lord, she's not here to satisfy your "content v ads" ratio. That doesn't mean make sense bc it's still content. If she was posting selfies or posting her dinner would be be complaining? And If it's not interesting to you then just keep scrolling. It doesn't have to be a big deal. She's going to do what she wants to do either way. She's still getting paid whether you like it or not. 

"Her job as an entertainer is not to entertain people"

That's when you know the cult brain rot is deeply settled in :bear:

Magui
2 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I've only ever used it to make a joke (for instance, the watch she was partnered with since it's so expensive). Granted I realize it's a bit tongue in cheek. I don't personally care what she does to help her brand or business.

She's a brand herself after all. I think people took that too literally. Brand deals are pretty essential to marketing in the music industry.

Not to mention it's just saying she loves the music, not the bling. As in, out of everything, she loves the music the most.

I agree with you. Honestly I think sometimes people overanalyze things to much and interpret things in ways that don't make sense to me personally. But I guess that everything is tied up to the fact that, some are not satisfied with what was made regarding this era, promotion, performances, etc, others if you ask me are not into Gaga so much now as before. If she was performing and making music videos, probably nobody would be even discussing this. 

GucciGa
40 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

I suppose I always knew she would slightly assimilate to the norms of Hollywood and whatnot.  The branding stuff is definitely cringey but I guess that is how culture and celebrities do things these days (on Instagram, makeup lines, alcohol lines, etc). 

I just always thought ARTPOP and especially the "music not the bling" theme would carry through her career.  The whole point of ARTPOP stood out to me through the title track and at SXSW when she said "F**k you pop music, this is ARTPOP!"  Sticking it to the man and the system.  Experimental pop music.  But I guess we can't be as rebellious as we age it seems.  Also, she did say pop music would never be low brow....so I'm confused as I write this :sweat:, she's so enigmatic

You don't understand ARTPOP. 

😇

Chromatica Island

Not this again, shes a businesswoman as well, she's allowed to make money.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

GucciGa
5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Who are you quoting, bc it ain't me. 

Right so you don't think this ad campaign is entertainment. Fine. So we won't be seeing your commentary about it over the next 2 years bc it's of no interest to you. Glad your username is easy to remember so I'll know to look out to see if u lyin 😉

😇

Jill
5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

She's a person too, you know. She entertains us with music and films, but you always want more. She gives you more, she gives you MVs and promotional campaigns. But you still want more. And to top it all off you call people who don't want more and are happy with Gaga's artistry 'part of a brain rot cult'. Yeah, keep it classy

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Gaga911chroma
2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

And who are you to say what her job is or isn’t and what she should be doing with her time? The level of entitlement “fans” like you have for someone you’ve never even met is honestly baffling and frankly is probably the reason why she’s distanced herself so much from interacting. She’s entertaining plenty of people with the things she is doing so if you hate it so much, why don’t you try acting like a sane adult and just enjoy other things that you do like instead of whining and melting down on the internet every day that Lady Gaga isn’t doing exactly what you, a random nobody on the internet, are asking of her at all times while saying everyone else just trying to enjoy things has “cult brain rot.” 

SharGaga

I didn't read the thread but the way I see it is music stopped paying her bills so she ventured into other more lucrative deals. Yes she said some things in the past about doing partnerships but so have other artists. Mariah Carey admitted to being naive in the beginning of her career in the fact that she wanted to only release music and be that kind of artist that wont take on other lucrative ventures because she didnt want to 'compromise' her artistry but now she's totally fine with it. Lady Gaga changed and adapted to the culture too with Instagram ads and what not. At the end of the day she gotta get her money from somewhere.

Magui
13 minutes ago, SharGaga said:

I didn't read the thread but the way I see it is music stopped paying her bills so she ventured into other more lucrative deals. Yes she said some things in the past about doing partnerships but so have other artists. Mariah Carey admitted to being naive in the beginning of her career in the fact that she wanted to only release music and be that kind of artist that wont take on other lucrative ventures because she didnt want to 'compromise' her artistry but now she's totally fine with it. Lady Gaga changed and adapted to the culture too with Instagram ads and what not. At the end of the day she gotta get her money from somewhere.

Sometimes I wonder if she doesn't tour often, or can only do small tours in the future, probably things like Vegas, Haus labs, and brand deals will bring her money. Sometimes I wonder about this cause of her health problems. This is just me wondering cause I truly hope that she can tour for many years, but who knows.

Aussie

I agree but you must understand that all the costs involved in producing albums of this standard, music videos and tours take a lot of $$$. Gaga is also suffering from chronic illness and PDSD. She is making sure she has enough to make her career last especially if she is unable to tour in the future

Enigma
1 hour ago, Jill said:

She's a person too, you know. She entertains us with music and films, but you always want more. She gives you more, she gives you MVs and promotional campaigns. But you still want more. And to top it all off you call people who don't want more and are happy with Gaga's artistry 'part of a brain rot cult'. Yeah, keep it classy

Don't try the "she's a person too" card please. 

If she was taking a break, it'd be an entirely different topic.

If it was about enjoying herself, doing things she's passionate about or whatever, you'd have a point. But she's doing ADS. For MONEY. Yes, I do think y'all are part of a cult if you can't see the motive between 10 ****ing ad campaigns in a row in the middle of a dead era. You think Gaga's passion is selling ****? You think tHIs iS wHaT sHE NeEdS rIghT nOW? 

It's so ****ing cringe to see y'all praise her for turning into a telemarketing seller :awkney: I honestly have no words for the lack of awareness. The "content" she's putting out right now is not something you would enjoy from literally ANYBODY. The ONLY reason you're head over heels over some ****ing adobe partnership is because you're dedicated to Gaga. 

SharGaga
1 hour ago, Magui said:

Sometimes I wonder if she doesn't tour often, or can only do small tours in the future, probably things like Vegas, Haus labs, and brand deals will bring her money. Sometimes I wonder about this cause of her health problems. This is just me wondering cause I truly hope that she can tour for many years, but who knows.

She's already adapted her schedule and will stop doing big tours for now after cancelling shows for BTWB and Joanne World Tour. I dont think people realize how bad it was after Joanne World Tour. She said during Gaga Radio to Elton that she didn't move for like 6 months and hated touring and how exhausting it is. I think she will still do world tours but just like the Chromatica Ball she will only do a few shows so she won't overwork herself to the ground again. 

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived