Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Contradiction of 'Music Not the Bling'

Jill

Featured Posts

Enigma
Just now, Gaga911chroma said:

Well those people can stay pissed while she does what she wants with her own life, their emotions are not her responsibility  

Neither is it our responsability to suck up everything she does.

Sure, in your Gagadaily bubble anything negative is an heinous act of treachery. But if you go take a walk in the real world, people are allowed to be objective about what Gaga puts out.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jill
Just now, Enigma said:

Sure, in your Gagadaily bubble anything negative is an heinous act of treachery.

Stop playing the victim card. You say it like everyone who disagrees with Gaga gets a ban, and that's not true. We're just pointing hout the hypocrisy of people like you.

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Gaga911chroma
3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Never did I throw a "tantrum" that's you being incapable of reading context clues speaking

Never was this about me wanting/expecting content, I've realized Gaga is now a saleswoman moreso than an artist ever since the end of Joanne and my tantrum over that is long past me

I can ensure you our fav millionaire is resting pretty on her million dollar check from Apple and Lamborghini and Adobe and Oreo and Dom Perignon and Valentino and Haus Labs and...

You can't use the "she doesn't give a **** about what you're saying, she's getting paid" card BOTH to tell me what I'm saying doesn't matter to her while also hurting her

At the end of the day, you guys are the biggest clowns for thinking any of these deals are about fan enjoyment and that she gives a flying **** about you living for them or not. I can ensure you she did not sign a deal with Apple to please any of us. She wanted the check and she got it.

All I'm "mad" about is you guys' utter lack of realism. Do you understand capitalism? Do you not see that these deals are blatantly money-oriented and nothing else? Do you need to lie to yourself and act like her collabing with Lamborghini is a blessing and something we've all been craving?

Brand deals are fine. Gushing over brand deals is idiotic.

I originally typed up a whole response to this nonsense but honestly it’s not worth the response. I’m done responding to this thread. Your toxic attitude and entitled delusion are not healthy for me to engage with. Stay sad and miserable honey, I’m busy having a great time with the Chromatica content that we have 

One last thing though, please stop putting quotes around things no one said just to put up a straw man, it’s a pretty unethical way to argue actually 

PxA limited
3 minutes ago, Jill said:

Stop playing the victim card. You say it like everyone who disagrees with Gaga gets a ban, and that's not true. We're just pointing hout the hypocrisy of people like you.

But you get some warning points if you joke that we have a Gaga clone for example, like I have. Talking about hypocrisy.

Enigma
4 minutes ago, Jill said:

ADS for MONEY that were created by CONTRACTS that were signed BEFORE the PANDEMIC and we KNOW this because of the LEAKED files LAST YEAR. And does she have to announce if she wants to take a lil break? No, because as I said, SHE'S A PERSON

A public person. Meaning if she wants to keep her fanbase, she has to give people a reason to stick around.

Maybe to the obsessed longtime Gaga fan, an Adobe partnership is a reason to stick around, but to the average objective person, it's not interesting, and I put myself in the latter category.

You guys act as if we're the ones who signed a contract that binds us to Gaga and that makes us need to live for her every move, including the corporate bore. It's either that, or "you don't live for her every move? Fine, GTFO and don't ever mention her name!"

This utter lack of nuance is stupid and typical cult-like stan culture behaviour. I can like Gaga's ART and not pretend to be excited about a Lamborghini commercial.

And considering the commercial to content ratio is nearing the 10/1 nowadays... it's valid to be upset by your favorite artist being a salesperson moreso than an artist. Wouldn't happen if we didn't care.

Enigma
10 minutes ago, Jill said:

I'm pointing out the obvious bias on a stan site. I'll get ripped to shreds if I say anything remotely negative about Madonna on MadonnaNation as well. Which is why these discussions are way more productive outside of such bubbles.

I'm honestly just having a laugh at the lack of perspective here. It's understandable that people would be more defensive about Gaga on here, but imo when it reaches the point of stanning a ****ing brand deal it's just ridiculous.

Thankfully we can still have mature objective conversations outside of this forum, and it's a fun site for other topics, but the delusion jumps out when it comes to Gaga

PropaGaga
8 hours ago, chromaticarth said:

My biggest "problem" with advertising is not that her sold out, but that there is only something creative if they pay.

SL APPLE

ROM Adobe

911 LG

FW?Babylon? DP

It is not about the products or what she is selling, but that she does not care enough to pay for something of her own, she only does things if they are paying. Nor does it look like the woman who believed in her vision so much that she paid G.U.Y out of her own pocket 

I don't know why you don't think there wasn't any sort of "exchange" for the G.U.Y. video when it was lowkey a plug for Bravo and Minecraft. Do you really believe she was posting about those gaming glasses for fun? Andy and The Real Housewives certainly weren't showing up out of the kindness of their hearts. And there was also Gaga doing those PSAs for Hearst Castle. Record labels only give an artist a certain amount of a promotional budget for an album campaign (this includes funds for videos, radio/streaming placement, and other advertising) and the music industry is dying pretty rapidly. Companies are willing to throw large amounts of money at artists to give them placement in their videos and cover costs that the record label won't. It shouldn't take much to put those pieces together. You don't have to like it, but let's not frame it as if this is only something she does and act like she doesn't care about her art. She's doing what she's always done to get her work out into the world.

dopega

The lyric has nothing to do with selling products, it's about being true to yourself and not listening to the people around you who are trying to change your artistic vision because it's trendy and makes more money (Troy). 

It's crazy how it's been 7 years and some of yall still don't what the song is about :laughga:

Also, to anyone criticizing her choice of doing paid add campaigns everytime she put out a new music video, you should definitely rewatch this. I don't remember the exact time but as she said, record labels don't have any ****ing money.

FFXIV WhiteMage
1 minute ago, Enigma said:

I'm pointing out the obvious bias on a stan site. I'll get ripped to shreds if I say anything remotely negative about Madonna on MadonnaNation as well. Which is why these discussions are way more productive outside of such bubbles.

I'm honestly just having a laugh at the lack of perspective here. It's understandable that people would be more defensive about Gaga on here, but imo when it reaches the point of stanning a ****ing brand deal it's just ridiculous.

Thankfully we can still have mature objective conversations outside of this forum, and it's a fun site for other topics, but the delusion jumps out when it comes to Gaga

1. You are pointing an obvious is quite pointless. You know that this is a stan forum hence majority who comes here will support her. If that ticks you off then the problem is not the bias here:tea:

2. Not everyone here stans those brands. Some people even make fun of them. How expensive they are and we sometimes make fun of Gaga as Lady Capitalism. I don’t know where you get that idea. Probably you lack perspective of what really transpires in this forum.

3.  Brand sponsorship were already explained eons ago and by many people here. It’s not like Gaga signed them just to be a advertisement artists. Those were supposed to coincide with her album promotion. You should read the Gagas leaked documents.

4. And what’s with the obsession with this site? As a stan I go here for Gaga and if I don’t like her current project then I stop visiting here. Isn’t that more mature thing todo rather than posts gazillion comments here like

“Gaga is a sell out. F her. She’s no longer making music. F her and her fans for liking her despite that!!!”

5. Pandemic. HOG. Relative almost died. I’m lazy to elaborate anymore :enigma:

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived