Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

OPINION: Lil Nas X Is A Marketing Genius

MrMojoRisin

Featured Posts

Naak Le Vaar
2 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Then explain it? 

Obviously Gaga is selling her music if she's selling her music. I'm saying Gaga didn't drop anything else on the release of her music like Lil Nas, but others here act like she uses her shock value to sell. When she released Alejandro, Judas, or DWUW I don't remember the shock value being there to sell other stuff. The intent was on the music itself. I'm disagreeing with the opinion of the OP not hating on Lil Nas. I agree with your previous post that he isn't a marketing genius for what is a common tactic. Other artists do the same thing. I don't think being sued by Nike is a genius move itself. I say this as a fan of his music video. 

Lmao they blocked my signature

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely agree. He had a plan and was very calculated to get his first song viral and he succeeded. He knows what goes viral and what doesn't, as much if not more than Kris Jenner

Sneaky Oliver

Why are you guys comparing CMBYN to Alejandro or Judas? Gaga had a concept, a message which happened to be controversial for some people. It was not like Hmm let me lap dance on Satan because I know for sure Twitter will talk about it ! 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Trevstar4

Let’s all take a moment to acknowledge that it’s a whole team of “geniuses” behind this marketing. Not one artist who woke up and said... I know what will work. Devil shoes and music

LGHunter
1 hour ago, alsemanche said:

What he's doing is good promo but idk if I would call it genius simply because it's been done before tbh

It is genius. 

He is using hate against the gays by homophobic people to gain more succes and money etc...

Why cant y'all see that. 

Its like taylor swift reputation era...

Than yall were like yass queen but now LNX is doing it y'all critisize him.

Naak Le Vaar
12 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Why are you guys comparing CMBYN to Alejandro or Judas? Gaga had a concept, a message which happened to be controversial for some people. It was not like Hmm let me lap dance on Satan because I know for sure Twitter will talk about it ! 

You also don't get my point lmao. I don't know how people think I put CMBYN on the same level as Judas or Alejandro. 

Lmao they blocked my signature

Moonlight on Water
1 hour ago, Naak Le Vaar said:

What was Gaga selling when she released Alejandro or Judas or DWUW? Thought so.

her soul

she/her

Sneaky Oliver
1 minute ago, Naak Le Vaar said:

You also don't get my point lmao. I don't know how people think I put CMBYN on the same level as Judas or Alejandro. 

So I really don’t get your point. I’m so confused :saladga: 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

alsemanche
6 minutes ago, LGHunter said:

It is genius. 

He is using hate against the gays by homophobic people to gain more succes and money etc...

Why cant y'all see that. 

Its like taylor swift reputation era...

Than yall were like yass queen but now LNX is doing it y'all critisize him.

I think you missed the part where I said he's being smart with it but not a genius

And I never called Taylor a marketing genius either

Soft, soothing, and succulent

LGHunter
1 minute ago, alsemanche said:

I think you missed the part where I said he's being smart with it but not a genius

And I never called Taylor a marketing genius either

You probably have.

Judging by your character.

alsemanche
3 minutes ago, LGHunter said:

You probably have.

Judging by your character.

Sis if you have some personal vendetta against me and are obsessed with LNX and can't take anything without crying your eyes out about it then maybe you need to take a break from this forum and go outside for a little lmao

It's not my problem if you can't understand that I literally called him smart 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Moonlight on Water

CMBYN and Judas, Alejandro, and other controversial Gaga songs aren't the same. Gaga wasn't necessarily downright making love to some kind of devil, but Lil Nas X is similar to Gaga in which he's being outspoken and expressing himself in controversial ways. When Gaga released Born This Way, she had to put up with this as well, regardless of it not being connected to Satanism. Lil Nas X is only portraying how some see gay people and he's making a joke out of it to press people. This is a good marketing technique. Gaga, on the other hand, was just speaking a message that wasn't widely accepted yet. Both are similar in being controversial and speaking about it anyway.

she/her

Archived