Nike suing over Satan shoes

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion
12 minutes ago, PartySick said:

That's my question...like...how can he just slap a Nike logo on a non-Nike shoe? :laughga: that just SCREAMS "I'm out for controversy and nothing more" to me.

Anyway

what... they’ve ripped off the logo before? no words... 

not them suddenly caring now

Ricksies

I mean whether you like Nike or not is irrelevant.

They're very much correct to be suing for this. It's caused a lot of hate directed at Nike from religious communities and this is a PR disaster for them.

They're not going to sit there and take the flack when they're not even earning a dime.

Gagaloo911

He should just use some random brand's shoes without the Nike logo or any logo at all or sumn n get this tossed out. :billie:

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
1 hour ago, MonsterofFame said:

This isn't Nike being bad here.. they have to protect their brand.

Imagine if GagaDaily put "Satan supporter" in your signature without your consent -- would you be okay with that?

Actually Yes

StarstruckIllusion

not the apology 

spasticdoll
52 minutes ago, PartySick said:

That's my question...like...how can he just slap a Nike logo on a non-Nike shoe? :laughga: that just SCREAMS "I'm out for controversy and nothing more" to me.

Anyway

it’s not a non-nike shoe, it’s a nike shoe that’s been customized. there’s entire stores online dedicated to making customized shoes, bags, and clothing from name brands. people do this with everything from car parts to makeup packaging, Nike is only doing this because of the controversy surrounding LNX right now. They haven’t cared about any other instance of it happening.

xoxo go piss girl

hieronymus
2 hours ago, Jose P said:

Well obviously Jesus imagery isn’t harmful for their brand and image. Satan is. What they’re doing is a logical PR move, considering there are already religious people online saying they won’t buy from Nike again because of this. And that’s detrimental to the image of a brand that’s supposed to be accessible to a wide audience. 

EDIT: @DeluluSwine @Cookie Woman did I lie or say something incorrect on this? Is it not true that satanic imagery isn’t as widely accessible as Christian imagery, especially for a big brand like Nike that sells to a wide demographic? I’m not saying I personally find it wrong, but a lot of people do and it’s expected then for Nike to protect its image.

This just made me laugh so hard. "Well obviously Jesus imagery isn’t harmful for their brand and image. Satan is." It almost reminds me of something Katya Zamolodchikova would say

Jose P
13 minutes ago, Cookie Woman said:

This just made me laugh so hard. "Well obviously Jesus imagery isn’t harmful for their brand and image. Satan is." It almost reminds me of something Katya Zamolodchikova would say

PLSSS I guess it does sound ridiculous, but it is true :selena:

I suppose that if the shoes would say "******* killer" or something anti-homphobic, you would be the first to jump out and try to cancel the shoes, but of course, since it does not affect you and only affect the religious belief of a corporation and the people behind it, then its ok. Right?

Moonlight on Water
6 minutes ago, LDGA said:

I suppose that if the shoes would say "******* killer" or something anti-homphobic, you would be the first to jump out and try to cancel the shoes, but of course, since it does not affect you and only affect the religious belief of a corporation and the people behind it, then its ok. Right?

this is a free country. how about how christians literally harass other religions and gay people for being themselves

she/her

Chlorine Sevigny

You know how they say when you're getting dressed, to take one accessory off before you leave?

That human blood idea should have never left the notes app. I suspect that's what put this over the edge.

Archived