💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

Olivia Rodrigo - deja vu

COOOK

Featured Posts

FFXIV WhiteMage
Just now, polishwave said:

well judging by the two songs she released there are some similarities but she definitely is an artist on her own. I'm looking forward to hear the album

Lorde and Taylor were her biggest inspirations. And there's another band that she was obsessed about. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
2 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Am I crazy or does she sound almost exactly like Lorde in this song??

I hear it, it's like Lorde if she decided to sing cursively. But like nowhere near as good :bear:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Sorcerer

Not an instant fan of the song but I can see it as a cute hit.

Sorry but the ex-boyfriend's new girl lyrics is not gonna always work. And I think she is sounding a lot like Lorde. :yennefer:

StrawberryBlond

I prefer it to Driver's Licence but I feel this schtick of mooning over her ex is going to get old real fast. There have been many songs like this before. "I bet you do the same things with her that you did with me" is actually a fairly frequent song idea and it can come across as way too petty. It just seems like it's such a youthful thing to believe there's something so savage in saying that the things you did with your new guy wasn't actually the first time he did these things. That's kinda the whole point of moving on with someone new - you'll still have the same likes and past-times to share, you don't become totally original with every partner. I appreciate the fact that she didn't just do Driver's Licence 2.0 though and is a bit more upbeat this time. But she's still driving and still mooning over an ex so it might be a thing for a while. It's not that I'm against break-up songs, I just wish they weren't so overly petty.

TimisaMonster

Well this was a bore :lana:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Rahrahbitchson
3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I prefer it to Driver's Licence but I feel this schtick of mooning over her ex is going to get old real fast. There have been many songs like this before. "I bet you do the same things with her that you did with me" is actually a fairly frequent song idea and it can come across as way too petty. It just seems like it's such a youthful thing to believe there's something so savage in saying that the things you did with your new guy wasn't actually the first time he did these things. That's kinda the whole point of moving on with someone new - you'll still have the same likes and past-times to share, you don't become totally original with every partner. I appreciate the fact that she didn't just do Driver's Licence 2.0 though and is a bit more upbeat this time. But she's still driving and still mooning over an ex so it might be a thing for a while. It's not that I'm against break-up songs, I just wish they weren't so overly petty.

Ikr i mean if you are going to dedicate a song to an ex (which no one deserve that amount of attention) at least make it a dance bop like dont start now or new rules, for me she is not offering nothing new :koons:

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Thomas P

I love the song. Excited for this album!

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

StrawberryBlond
9 minutes ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

Ikr i mean if you are going to dedicate a song to an ex (which no one deserve that amount of attention) at least make it a dance bop like dont start now or new rules, for me she is not offering nothing new :koons:

Good point, it's maybe a bit easier for the ex to take when it's a dancey song. But yeah, I'm not against break up songs, it's one of the most obvious life experiences to sing about but I feel you should always go about it in the least bitter way you can unless they were completely awful to you. And taking shots at the new partner is just not on in my book unless maybe there was some cheating involved. But even then, try to take the high road and refer to it in a classy way. It baffles me why I can't seem to find any male artists who use the "you did the same things that you did with me" song about their exes but females do it all the time with their exes. It's just like, girl, do you still like all the same music, still go to the same places, still have the same hobbies with your new guy? If so, why berate your ex for being the same with his new girl?

Aleks

Now, how do you go from the slayage that is the artwork for “déjà vu” to the tragic artwork that is the album cover? :air:

Olivia_Rodrigo_-_*O*R.png

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

Thomas P
1 minute ago, Aleks said:

Now, how do you go from the slayage that is the artwork for “déjà vu” to the tragic artwork that is the album cover? :air:

i think it’s a placeholder like what chromatica did

FFXIV WhiteMage

She has many songs uploaded on YT which are basically her originals and some of them will be part of her upcoming album. Most of those songs are bops and unrelated to her ex :ally:

COOOK
18 minutes ago, Aleks said:

16 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

i think it’s a placeholder like what chromatica did

Thomas P
9 minutes ago, COOOK said:

okay thank god that’s not the title either. was worried i would have to pretend to like it 

thatfoxyfeeling

I don't mind it but she should cut a cheque to Lorde for the inspo. :vegas:

Archived