Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
new video

Olivia Rodrigo - deja vu

COOOK

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

I like the song but I was hoping the next single was gonna be the opposite of drivers license in terms of lyrics 

The MV is pretty cool

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonSwiftAnton

I had higher hopes for the follow-up of DL, but I'll wait for the album. 

r4therupbeat

imagine if this goes number 1 too:billie:

I've listened to Drive License or whatever 100 times and I still can't remember how it goes

Bleachella
4 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Good point, it's maybe a bit easier for the ex to take when it's a dancey song. But yeah, I'm not against break up songs, it's one of the most obvious life experiences to sing about but I feel you should always go about it in the least bitter way you can unless they were completely awful to you. And taking shots at the new partner is just not on in my book unless maybe there was some cheating involved. But even then, try to take the high road and refer to it in a classy way. It baffles me why I can't seem to find any male artists who use the "you did the same things that you did with me" song about their exes but females do it all the time with their exes. It's just like, girl, do you still like all the same music, still go to the same places, still have the same hobbies with your new guy? If so, why berate your ex for being the same with his new girl?

maybe you just haven't really gone through any breakups at the age of like, 16-20, but these kinds of feelings are pretty normal especially as a teenager. it's not petty or anything, is it groundbreaking duh no breakup songs are not groundbreaking anymore for the most part, but people are allowed to write however they want. I feel this expectation placed on people, mostly women, to take everything men do to them in stride and be the bigger person is so tired lol like if you wanna drag him through the mud and write a cute song about him, have at it, especially if it makes for really good songs (see: green light) 

StrawberryBlond
2 minutes ago, SUBURBIA said:

maybe you just haven't really gone through any breakups at the age of like, 16-20, but these kinds of feelings are pretty normal especially as a teenager. it's not petty or anything, is it groundbreaking duh no breakup songs are not groundbreaking anymore for the most part, but people are allowed to write however they want. I feel this expectation placed on people, mostly women, to take everything men do to them in stride and be the bigger person is so tired lol like if you wanna drag him through the mud and write a cute song about him, have at it, especially if it makes for really good songs (see: green light) 

I haven't gone through any break-ups at all and I'm 31. :deadbanana: At risk of sounding like a hypocrite to anyone who knows me, I'll admit I posted my very own break up album of sorts on GGD just under a year ago but it was all about being cut off by a dear friend for whom we had planned to be a bit more (if you know what I mean). But I kept it all completely classy and didn't take personal shots or try to say I'll be the one he's always thinking of till the end of time.* I was always someone who was quite blase about break-up albums but going through this stuff made me rethink it but I had to go about it in my own way that wasn't about bashing and being savage. As I said, it's all about the approach. So many break-up songs are just a bit too extra for my taste and border on immature. But some of these artists are very young and still working this out, but I think it's a fair criticism nonetheless.

*By the way for anyone who cares, we're back in touch now and things are all good, it seemed that making this album helped somewhat even if it wasn't the only factor!

ProfessionalClown

Just listening to the song now, still underwhelmed. Damnit :/ 

I really didn’t like DL, and I like this a tad bit more but still not that much.

i wanna support the good sis but I cant vibe with the music :messga:

Archived