💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Salma Hayek cast in House of Gucci role?

freebit

Featured Posts

freebit

021020-salma-hayek-pinault-oscars-lead-2pina.jpg?w=347

This was just casually mentioned in an article about Maurizio Gucci (from Women's Wear Daily via Yahoo):

"MILAN — A murder, money, revenge, fortune-tellers, a hit man, a scorned wife and the enduring allure of the Gucci brand. There’s enough material for a blockbuster movie.

Fast-forward some 25 years, and a film is indeed being made, with images from the “House of Gucci” movie directed by Ridley Scott starting to circulate.

Lady Gaga and Adam Driver play Patrizia Reggiani and her ex-husband Maurizio Gucci, and the cast includes Al Pacino and Salma Hayek Pinault, all of whom are helping to spark new interest in the events that made headlines in the 1990s. But Marco Bizzarri, the current chief executive officer of Gucci, told WWD earlier this month that the film won’t deal with any of the events after the company’s takeover by Investcorp in 1993."

(I suspect she's playing Pina Auriemma. For those who don't know, Pina was Patrizia's "spiritualist", astrologer, best friend, and helped Patrizia find a hitman to murder Maurizio.)

Women's Wear Daily is a pretty respected source. Hoping it's true. It would be pretty fabulous. :excited2: 

The star power. :flutter:

The scenes of them being BFFs, then subsquently going to blows.:flutter:

Give me this movie now. 

27630d3de7030d4df77fee13a9578ed9.jpg

(Also, Salma randomly mentioned Rain on Me not that long ago in an IG post, could this be a clue?)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adarsh
2 minutes ago, freebit said:

(Also, Salma randomly mentioned Stupid Love not that long ago in an IG post, could this be a clue?)

She also mentioned Rain on me and tagged Gaga. And since her husband literally owns Gucci, it totally makes sense for them to want her in the movie. 

freebit
Just now, BUtterfield 8 said:

Where does it state that salma is playing pina?

There presumably won't be many key female roles in the film since Gucci was a predominately male family and business (lots of sons, and Guccio Gucci had a "no females allowed" policy for the business), and Pina is the only other potential major female role that hasn't been announced yet. The only other female role I can think of that Salma could possibly be playing is Patrizia's mother, but I kind of doubt that because Pina figures much bigger in the story since she actually assisted Patrizia in the murder, and also, it's Salma Hayek - Movie Star. If producers to get someone like that, it's usually for a juicy role IMO.

freebit
6 minutes ago, Adarsh said:

She also mentioned Rain on me and tagged Gaga. And since her husband literally owns Gucci, it totally makes sense for them to want her in the movie. 

Oops, I meant Rain on Me instead of Stupid Love, lol, but yeah, that's the post I was thinking of:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLpadZkpYje/

rom.jpg

moonsago

What is this movieeeeee all these names, the cast is insaneee, this could be hugeee are you kidding me? I mean I already suspected the fact that it’s gonna be an Oscar movie but I am thinking that this could be a huge boxoffice success too! 

weed

omg that's so excitinggggg major role and she will do amazing. So excited omg

LaLa

Oooh, nice! If she is playing Pina (and I agree that makes sense), watching them together is gonna be so great :nooo:

HuffsAhoy

I don't think we understand the full impact this film will have; we aren't ready :bradley:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

IllusionLover
2 hours ago, freebit said:

There presumably won't be many key female roles in the film since Gucci was a predominately male family and business (lots of sons, and Guccio Gucci had a "no females allowed" policy for the business), and Pina is the only other potential major female role that hasn't been announced yet. The only other female role I can think of that Salma could possibly be playing is Patrizia's mother, but I kind of doubt that because Pina figures much bigger in the story since she actually assisted Patrizia in the murder, and also, it's Salma Hayek - Movie Star. If producers to get someone like that, it's usually for a juicy role IMO.

One thing I hate about Gaga's 2 movies is the lack of women, in ASIB the only other woman in the film was Jack's assistant who appeared for like 5 seconds before shallow.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

3 hours ago, freebit said:

But Marco Bizzarri, the current chief executive officer of Gucci, told WWD earlier this month that the film won’t deal with any of the events after the company’s takeover by Investcorp in 1993."

I'm confused by this part, because Maurizio was killed in 1995?

Guest Adarsh
32 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

One thing I hate about Gaga's 2 movies is the lack of women, in ASIB the only other woman in the film was Jack's assistant who appeared for like 5 seconds before shallow.

We want all the spotlight on Gaga :queenga:

Archived