💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Marco Bizzarri opens Gucci’s archives for GaGucci

Leoooo

Featured Posts

Leoooo

Get ready for FASHUN. I'm so glad Gucci are fully on board with this movie and helping make it authentic, especially as the film is released on their 100 year anniversary!

Ready for the 80's gucci aesthetic

naomi campbell model GIF80s dancing GIF80s dancing GIF

freebit

We been knew. 

What I don't know, is why they keep putting 'Patrizia' in current high street stuff, like from Zara. :rip: (though, that black velvet belt did look good, and believably luxurious, but this is presumbably the 80s, and she's a full on Gucci at that point. The Gucci archive is right there. IDK)

fghtrfd
3 minutes ago, freebit said:

We been knew. 

What I don't know, is why they keep putting 'Patrizia' in current high street stuff, like from Zara. :rip: (though, that black velvet belt did look good, and believably luxurious, but this is presumbably the 80s, and she's a full on Gucci at that point. The Gucci archive is right there. IDK)

The belt does look 80s-style, and maybe they just couldn't find something they wanted to go with in the archive? AFAIK the only non-Gucci items we've seen her in are that belt and the brown polka dot MaxMara dress (and that scene is definitely from before they got married so she probably wasn't into the 'everything Gucci' point yet).

Also Gucci didn't have as big of a clothing range in the 70s and 80s as they do now - they were more focused on bags, accessories and shoes (obvs this isn't relevant to the belt as they did make belts, just saying generally)

Leoooo
2 minutes ago, freebit said:

We been knew. 

We are only seeing the outdoor, public places shots and those might be during the time they were falling in love rather than when she was literally Mrs Gucci?

River

Wow it's so Bizzari :enigma:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Babel
12 minutes ago, freebit said:

We been knew. 

My guess is that the wardrobe choices are connected to Patrizia’s relationship with the family. It’s rumored she’ll be portrayed as an outsider, so it makes sense to not choose the special dresses yet (from what we’ve seen so far). 

Fashion will definitely be the “other” character in this movie, just like music was to ASIB. 

The Child
5 minutes ago, Babel said:

My guess is that the wardrobe choices are connected to Patrizia’s relationship with the family. It’s rumored she’ll be portrayed as an outsider, so it makes sense to not choose the special dresses yet (from what we’ve seen so far). 

Fashion will definitely be the “other” character in this movie, just like music was to ASIB. 

I love when Gaga has fashion involved in her projects.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

freebit
20 minutes ago, fghtrfd said:

The belt does look 80s-style, and maybe they just couldn't find something they wanted to go with in the archive? AFAIK the only non-Gucci items we've seen her in are that belt and the brown polka dot MaxMara dress (and that scene is definitely from before they got married so she probably wasn't into the 'everything Gucci' point yet).

Also Gucci didn't have as big of a clothing range in the 70s and 80s as they do now - they were more focused on bags, accessories and shoes (obvs this isn't relevant to the belt as they did make belts, just saying generally)

That's a good point. If there's a better option elsewhere, why be obligated to using Gucci.

9 minutes ago, Babel said:

Yeah, I think it makes sense from a storytelling perspective to put her in ~cheap~ stuff since they looked down on her, but even though she wasn't considered old money, her family did have money and indulged her (according the book). As stated, this is probably part of the costume/storytelling shorthand. It kind of just weirds me out that they're putting her in current high street stuff and not like, vintage.

fghtrfd
8 minutes ago, freebit said:

That's a good point. If there's a better option elsewhere, why be obligated to using Gucci.

Yeah, I think it makes sense from a storytelling perspective to put her in ~cheap~ stuff since they looked down on her, but even though she wasn't considered old money, her family did have money and indulged her (according the book). As stated, this is probably part of the costume/storytelling shorthand. It kind of just weirds me out that they're putting her in current high street stuff and not like, vintage.

Yeah but they're not putting her in current stuff that reads as current - both the dress and the belt look good for the era the movie is set in. And it is a good point about the family - so far we've seen Adam noticeably in Gucci, GG belt and horsebit loafers, whereas Gaga's wardrobe at least pre-marriage will likely be less obviously Gucci. 

But she has worn a lot of Gucci (all her bags have been Gucci) and Patrizia was so obsessed with being Mrs Gucci that she wore h2t Gucci every day of her trial. So we can expect her to wear a lot of it.

freebit
1 minute ago, fghtrfd said:

Yeah but they're not putting her in current stuff that reads as current - both the dress and the belt look good for the era the movie is set in. And it is a good point about the family - so far we've seen Adam noticeably in Gucci, GG belt and horsebit loafers, whereas Gaga's wardrobe at least pre-marriage will likely be less obviously Gucci. 

But she has worn a lot of Gucci (all her bags have been Gucci) and Patrizia was so obsessed with being Mrs Gucci that she wore h2t Gucci every day of her trial. So we can expect her to wear a lot of it.

I'm just picturing some normal person watching this movie, and realizing they have this dress in their closet, lol.

Since Gaga only covered InStyle, Paper and Billboard for Chromatica I expect to her to cover Vogue, Elle and Harpers Bazaar etc. for the Gucci era! It's a movie about fashion and you can never go wrong with Gaga for a magazine as us LM's always snap them up :ally:

Archived