Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The truth about perfect illusion

monstrosity

Featured Posts

HuffsAhoy

I will go to my grave screaming to the top of my lungs that Perfect Illusion is in the top 10 greatest Lady Gaga songs. It was underappreciated and misunderstand in 2016 and in many ways it still is today. I can only hope that in the next few decades the song, much like Joanne, gets the respect and rank among her best work that it deserves. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Cameltoe Chariot

As time has passed, so many people are now looking back on Perfect Illusion as an incredible track and I love to see it. To me, PI represents everything that I love about Gaga. It was unexpected, it pushed the boundaries of what people expected in a Gaga song, and it gave her career a jarring (and ultimately very successful) pivot into a whole new level of fame and success.

Stan Perfect Illusion for clear skin and good health! :vegas:

Thank you for your time :diane:

monstrosity
1 minute ago, HuffsAhoy said:

I will go to my grave screaming to the top of my lungs that Perfect Illusion is in the top 10 greatest Lady Gaga songs. It was underappreciated and misunderstand in 2016 and in many ways it still is today. I can only hope that in the next few decades the song, much like Joanne, gets the respect and rank among her best work that it deserves. 

You said it all 

Imagine how cool it would have been if she decided to release a piano version of it instead Joanne, people would have it eat up 

Patriziaa Reggiani

I loved perfect illusion, buy the way Gaga's promoted it "Not a breakup song/heartbreak anthem" was kinda weird, we all knew it was about T*ylor k. But she made it about instagram and internet, I was like:interestinga:

I will not watch House of Gucci

monstrosity
1 minute ago, CameltoeKween said:

As time has passed, so many people are now looking back on Perfect Illusion as an incredible track and I love to see it. To me, PI represents everything that I love about Gaga. It was unexpected, it pushed the boundaries of what people expected in a Gaga song, and it gave her career a jarring (and ultimately very successful) pivot into a whole new level of fame and success.

Stan Perfect Illusion for clear skin and good health! :vegas:

Thank you for your time :diane:

I really started to appreciate it once I started learning music, that’s when I realised how sophisticated yet simple it was 

i love this song so so much omg

monstrosity
Just now, Oreo said:

I loved perfect illusion, buy the way Gaga's promoted it "Not a breakup song/heartbreak anthem" was kinda weird, we all knew it was about T*ylor k. But she made it about instagram and internet, I was like:interestinga:

I always interpreted it as dealing with fame and how she realised during the post-ARTPOP era that fame was toxic for her 

Papergangstuh

And now we said it. A bop. A legend.

Everything Gaga does (and this holds true to a lot of artists) is always looked at differently a few years later. I remember how hated the BTW album was by some -- now many think it's her best album. ARTPOP & Joanne had similar reactions of being incredibly divisive, but people now talk about how great they are. Things are always different when you're no longer in the middle of them/don't have expectations for them anymore.

Chromatica was mostly loved, so I don't think it will shift too much, but by the next album cycle you'll start to hear some locals talk about how under appreciated it is. Or even some of her most critical fans about her "laziness" this era will come around and say "wow she did all this during a pandemic!"

HuffsAhoy
2 minutes ago, Monstruous said:

You said it all 

Imagine how cool it would have been if she decided to release a piano version of it instead Joanne, people would have it eat up 

I was already a stan of PI when it was released. But the minute I heard that acoustic version she did on Sukkiri, I knew it was an instant classic. 

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Madame Goo Goo

This could have been her So What moment but we let it flop :saladga:

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

leedeegaga

From day one of hearing Perfect Illusion, it’s been my favourite Gaga song. Before it arrived on the scene it was Paparazzi! I died when Mark played part of Kevin’s demo version.

Scare them first, so they can’t scare you...

S0436

It’s a shame she never even performed it in full on the JWT tour.  I doubt she will ever perform it again on a tour.

Karen Smith

The truth is... That in the last chorus we can hear her farting 

oprah winfrey GIF

And I think it's beautiful 

Archived