💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Adam Lambert turned down ASIB role

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Leoooo

I feel like it might have cheapened Gaga's role in the film as a serious actress to have 2 big pop stars playing alongside each other - a bit noveltyish, so i'm really glad he didnt go for it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
30 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

Anthony Ramos did a great job. However, if the character was Ally’s “gay best friend” they could’ve dialed up the Gay, or use a gay actor. I truly feel the chemistry between Gaga and him could’ve been even stronger.

It was pretty lowkey for the “gay” part. Yes he’s in the drag bar, but he’s there because she sings there every week. In the hotel we don’t see who he’s with and it’s not told explicitly.

in the plane he says “lay on that couch right now” and it sounds like a straight that doesn't want to sound too gay.

Honestly, I didn’t even get that he was gay at all. I watched it and thought he was a straight best friend who likes Ally as a person and her talent for singing. Drag bars just happened to be where Ally was making her break, so Ramos's character (I can't remember his name in the movie) was always with her to support her. 

I don’t think many people read "gay" from what they watched. Maybe Anthony was hesitant or a little scared to play a gay role. It would have made more sense if the first time he saw Jackson, he started hitting on him. Or something like that idk

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, Medusa said:

I feel like it might have cheapened Gaga's role in the film as a serious actress to have 2 big pop stars playing alongside each other - a bit novelyish, so i'm really glad he didnt go for it.

Adam Lambert isn't big though... Halsey was in the movie and she's a bigger name than him. No shade

End Racism Now

BlingNotTheMusic
15 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

No he's married and has kids :triggered:

My gaydar has always been sh*t

Franch Toast

Anthony Ramos was great in that role. I'm glad the role went to a POC. 

(In real life though he isn't married with kids––he's engaged to his Hamilton co-star Jasmine Cephas Jones, but I don't think they're married yet.) 

She/Her/Hers

Lady Adga
24 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Yeah but its about representation. There aren't a lot of gay actors/actresses who get big roles + play their sexuality. Why couldn't a gay man play that role? Its always a straight person playing a gay role. The reason why we have stereotypes is because of how gay roles are acted out by straight men

But Anthony's role is not even a big role (if his character were a protagonist, I would "agree" with you). The guy did a good job in the audition and in the movie. The stereotypes are because that's how the writers create them (and the directors direct them), so the problem would be from there, not so much the actor who personifies them. In glee there is a gay guy, for example, played by a gay guy, and it's all a stereotype from my point of view, And the character is written by a gay man :oprah:

Lady Adga
43 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

Anthony Ramos did a great job. However, if the character was Ally’s “gay best friend” they could’ve dialed up the Gay, or use a gay actor. I truly feel the chemistry between Gaga and him could’ve been even stronger.

It was pretty lowkey for the “gay” part. Yes he’s in the drag bar, but he’s there because she sings there every week. In the hotel we don’t see who he’s with and it’s not told explicitly.

in the plane he says “lay on that couch right now” and it sounds like a straight that doesn't want to sound too gay.

:triggered: And what would a gay man sound like? Did you want the guy to act like a stereotype? 

ShayCristoforo

That would’ve just been too self indulgent for both of them lol 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Leoooo
20 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Adam Lambert isn't big though... Halsey was in the movie and she's a bigger name than him. No shade

He's still pretty big for the demographic of the film though, and Halsey literally presented an award & usually a celeb would do that anyway, it just made the film seem set in the modern times

JazzGa
1 hour ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Wait, Anthony’s character was gay? :selena:

1 hour ago, HausOfMark said:

I was just thinking this. I dont think he was, didnt he say "I have some girls in here" when Ally went to his hotel room and then thats when Jackson was being put into bed by the brother. I havent watched it latley so i cant remember. 

Solution:  He's bi :enigma:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

GucciGa

An actor doesn't have to be gay to play a gay character. 

Plus they could have changed his ethnicity. 

😇

gypsy101
2 hours ago, urgirl said:

Wait Gaga is Italian?! :enigma: She’s not from Italy though like her character it’s not the same. maybe Anthony has “gay roots” but my point is it doesn’t matter in the slightest. You don’t have to be the same person as the character you are playing that’s ridiculous. 

what are gay roots?

vyniildisk
2 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

what are gay roots?

when gheys dyed their weaves and then can't afford the maintenance touch ups and they end up with roots of their natural hair color giphy.gif

Anderson123

Damn it'd have been fun to see him play that part, I've been a huge fan since his Idol audition and that'd have made me go crazy in theaters. They could've re-written the character and have them record a duet.

Guest Adarsh
1 hour ago, xoxo Craig said:

But she wasn’t playing a part. That was literally a cameo. 

Archived