celeb

David Dobrik gets dropped by brands after misconduct allegations

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ItWasntLaauv

This is getting messy. I donā€™t care enough about David Dobrik to have a big opinion on him, but this isnā€™t a great look for him at all. I havenā€™t seen the original video of the incidentĀ either, so I canā€™t judge that thoroughly.

Edit: Just watched a clip and... oof. That was questionable to say the least. It felt gross and exploitative.

JusKeepBreathin
37 minutes ago, Deme said:

He basically enabled one of his friends/vloggers to take advantage/rape a girl who super drunk. Then posted the video (the video does not show the victim being raped)Ā on his channel and then deleted per the victimĀ“s request.

These are the types of people we gift YouTube careers to? Yuck.Ā 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Aphasic
Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

These are the types of people we gift YouTube careers to? Yuck.Ā 

The answer to that, I am afraid is yes.

Concertaholic

I literally know hardly anything about David Dobrik but this seems like just another case of cancel culture getting out of hand. From what I can tell the guy named Dom who actually sexually assaulted a girl should 100% be held accountable, but David on the other hand shouldnā€™t have his whole career stripped away just because he was associated with this Dom guyĀ at a party years ago when he was 21. I think itā€™s unfair to cancel people for being young, dumb, and naive years after the fact because we all make stupid mistakes as teenagers and young adults.

BUtterfield 8
4 minutes ago, Concertaholic said:

I literally know hardly anything about David Dobrik but this seems like just another case of cancel culture getting out of hand. From what I can tell the guy named Dom who actually sexually assaulted a girl should 100% be held accountable, but David on the other hand shouldnā€™t have his whole career stripped away just because he was associated with this Dom guyĀ at a party years ago when he was 21. I think itā€™s unfair to cancel people for being young, dumb, and naive years after the fact because we all make stupid mistakes as teenagers and young adults.

Itā€™s not only that:

In February 2021, Seth Francois, a former Vlog Squad member, accused Dobrik ofĀ sexual assaultĀ after being deceived into kissing Jason Nash while blindfolded. Being the only black member of the Vlog Squad, Francois stated he also felt "pressured to participate in bits that [came] off culturally insensitive."Ā 

Former Vlog Squad member Nik Keswani (also known as BigNik) accused Dobrik ofĀ bullying, stating it was the reason he left the group in 2018.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Dobrik

Midnightrush891

I donā€™t know who he is, but if he ā€œgot consentā€ where is the contract? I mean anyone is the entertainment business would have had a contract or some type of proof. Like is verbal consent a thing in business?Ā 

PopEmergency
1 hour ago, BUtterfield 8 said:

Ā he could potentially get deportedĀ 

Ā 

nah he won't... he has money to take care of thatĀ :koons:

22 minutes ago, Concertaholic said:

Sorry but it really shows that you don't know David or the case very well.

For years David has actively created a culture surrounding his vlog squad to do reckless things for video contentĀ (incl. continually offering female friends money to have sex with his male friends,Ā racially-targetedĀ bullying, harassment that led to Trisha Paytas' suicide attempt, etc. etc. etc.) There's a very clear pattern of behaviour.

In any case, he wasn't just 'associated with Dom' at a 'party'.Ā It was at David's house, he set up the encounter between Dom and the girlsĀ (Dom literally THANKS David for the fact that he had a threesome that night)Ā and then prompted to film, edit, and upload the whole thing.

The rhetoric that this is 'stripping away his career' is way overdramatic, he's lost some sponsors like everyone does when they're in a scandal, zero accountability is gonna be taken and he's stillĀ gonna be fine.

headspin, happiness, DEĢ¤Ģ£AĢ¢ĢÆĶ”Ģ˜TĶĶ™Ģ—ĢŸĢ«HĶ”Ķ…Ģ—Ģ™

MJHolland

The fact that he's actively working on an anti-bullying projectĀ :bear:

They better drop him if they haven't alreadyĀ :huntyga:

RAMROD

Deport ha!! :triggered:

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ young, dumb, and full of numb (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

I hope he gets deported and I never say that but he's a criminal, horrible person. He did a video but it had a lot of likes so I think people will defend him cus he's a typical white boy that people just love don't they. The minute you're a woman, gay or black you are dropped so fast over something not even as criminal as he did. Getting underaged girls drunk, making sure it's underaged bcs lack of experience and more naivety, getting a sexual offender in the room so that you're sure you'll get the content you want, aka "sex", and then later on joking "we gonna go to jail" with his typical dumb ass laugh. But you get a black man walking in America to the bank and he gets shot and people say well he sold drugs so he deserved it, but when it's David Dobrik no no no, it was not his fault

7 hours ago, Concertaholic said:

but David on the other hand shouldnā€™t have his whole career stripped away just because he was associated with this Dom guyĀ at a party years ago when he was 21.

He calculated all of it. He creates situations for his dumb content, he on purpose and from his own words said we should get them drunk to get them "loose". In the room he got a sexual offender on purpose, he knew he would do it easily, he would rape without saying hm no i dont feel comfortable doing that, he got underaged girls knowing someone over 21 wouldn't be as naive to accept drinks because of being experienced with life and being mature. He manipulated these young girls, he did not protect them, he enabled everything, it's as bad as doing the act itself. He's a criminal

Archived