Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Should Gaga start using her real name for acting?

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venuspop

I mean her name has Lady in it :ohwell:

rocket number 9 take off to the planet 🚀

I love that she uses "Lady Gaga" for all her creative endeavors. She's always aimed to be more than 'just' a pop singer and utilizes her stage name and brand across multiple art forms.

I also like when she's playful about splitting it up. Like "Some days/roles I'm more Lady, some days/roles I'm more Gaga" or however she's expressed that in the past about how she's dressed that day, how she's feeling herself while on a project, etc. She's versatile and her name reflects that. She's worked hard to elevate her name recognition above "haha 'Lady Gaga' sounds silly or artsy or whatever" to being an iconic household name.

⚡🐲

Quartz

I'm afraid that ship has sailed. If she wanted to do this, she should have done so with AHS to separate the actress from the singer. This is her third major acting commitment. There's no going back now I think.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

gypsy101
1 hour ago, Aglaya said:

I still remember all the rumours that she was going to be called Stefani when ASIB came out :sweat: I don’t know why she would do that, I mean, she gained so much respect as an artist in the last few years, so I don’t get why would she start avoiding being called Lady Gaga. Everyone knows her as Gaga. Calling herself Stefani at this point of her career would be really confusing imo.

i don’t think it was a rumor, i thought she was listed on the call sheet as Stefani?

Franch Toast
3 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I don't think it matters. Gaga has been around for more than a decade so she is a household name at this point.

What about the comedian Awkafina (real name Norma Lum)? She recently won critical acclaim for an acting role and no one made a fuss.

Yes, Awkwafina is a way stranger name than Lady Gaga. 

2 hours ago, Schizophonic said:

L. Gaga 

like in cannes

As long as it's not Lady G, because that name is taken...

She/Her/Hers

spasticdoll

She fought so hard to be taken seriously in music as Lady Gaga, it’s a household name at this point. Changing it in order to be taken seriously in acting would be a betrayal to the work she put in to have Lady Gaga be known and respected while she keeps Stefani reserved for those special to her. Nobody expects Marilyn Monroe, Whoopi Goldberg, Jamie Foxx, Michael Caine, Miley Cyrus, or Charlie Sheen to go by their given names. Why should she?

xoxo go piss girl

PunkTheFunk
12 minutes ago, spasticdoll said:

She fought so hard to be taken seriously in music as Lady Gaga, it’s a household name at this point. Changing it in order to be taken seriously in acting would be a betrayal to the work she put in to have Lady Gaga be known and respected while she keeps Stefani reserved for those special to her. Nobody expects Marilyn Monroe, Whoopi Goldberg, Jamie Foxx, Michael Caine, Miley Cyrus, or Charlie Sheen to go by their given names. Why should she?

Exactly. She was proudly introduced as Lady Gaga at a US Presidential Inauguration. I don't think it gets anymore serious than that!

gypsy101
1 hour ago, Franch Toast said:

Yes, Awkwafina is a way stranger name than Lady Gaga. 

As long as it's not Lady G, because that name is taken...

Lindsey Graham!

Flippy

I don’t think that matters...

though I would love to see her star in a horror film :giveup: 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

numb the flame
9 hours ago, pussycat said:

She should change it to Madame Gaga to make it clear she’s serious and classy now

Imagine LG7 being a self titled album called Madame Gaga :cryga: oh how the Madonna stans would riot :ladyhaha:

S0436
10 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

Well there's an Oscar with the name "Lady Gaga" on it so it's a pretty serious name now. 

henry cavill GIF

Yeah I agree, but it was for “Best Song” ;)

Archived