❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎
event

93rd Oscars Nominations Live Announcement

Gagz4Gaga

Featured Posts

Anderson123

It's pretty much what we all expected. The only surprises I see is Another Round for Best Director which is nice (haven't seen it but heard it's really good) and lmao that I was reading wikipedia and someone put Rodger Bumpass as Squidward for Best Supporting Actor and I was like wtf. :air:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boyerased

Very much expected. Can I just say though that I’m really happy that Vanessa Kirby is an Oscar nominee? 

Cssomeone
1 hour ago, Wet Fire said:

This award season snubbed Delroy Lindo and Da 5 Bloods for NO REASON :triggered:

It was released too long ago and ended up losing steam. In the mean time, bigger and better pictures were released and took his possible nominations

Thomas P
1 hour ago, pedrohemg said:

They don't dare to not give Glenn her Oscar this time. No one in that category deserves more than Glenn, even if you argue there are better performances because we know many actors won what we call "career Oscar." So give Glenn her damn career Oscar.

I dont want to sound rude, but she shouldn't have even been nominated. I love her, but the movie is awful, and she is by far the worst in that category.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Cssomeone
55 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

My predictions:

Best Picture: Nomadland has it. 

Best Director: Chloe has it.

Best Actor: Chadwick is winning, no way he’s not.

Best Actress: I think Carey has it, but Viola or Frances may pull up and overtake her. 

Supporting Actor: Daniel is winning, this is another lock. 

Supporting Actress: I think Maria might win this. I really want her to.

Original Screenplay: Emerald or Lee are winning. I think I want Emerald to, but I also want Minari to win something big. 

Adapted Screenplay: Nomadland is once again a lock. 

Best Editing: Trial of the Chicago Seven

Animated Feature: Soul is a lock. 

Cinematography: I think Nomadland might win this. 

The most likely to happen (although I'd switch Fennell for Sorkin in Best Original Screenplay)

pedrohemg
4 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I dont want to sound rude, but she shouldn't have even been nominated. I love her, but the movie is awful, and she is by far the worst in that category.

Although I don't agree with that statement, we should always separate the movie from the actors. The critics hate the movie, but also the critics nominated Glenn for a Critics Choice Awards, so I think that means they approve her performance, but not the movie. 

Franch Toast

I'm over the moon for Minari and Nomadland and for all the records being shattered and the multiple firsts: two women vying in the Best Director category; two directors of Asian descent in the Best Director category; two actors of Asian descent in the Lead Actor category; etc. I think it's going to be Chloé Zhao's big night, but I hope Minari scores a few wins too. 

Also, very happy about the Hong Kong film Better Days in Best International Feature category. 

She/Her/Hers

Gagz4Gaga

Has anyone seen The Father? Is it good? I love Hopkins and Colman btw. I really want to watch it but couldn’t find a decent screener copy.

nostalgia’s for geeks

WannabeProducer

I'm surprised that Sasha Baron Cohen wasn't nominated as best actor for Borat since he won the Golden Globe as best actor for this role

emig09
4 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

Hoping Glenn Close will finally win!!! 8 nomination, she deserved it long time ago!

She's losing to Bakalova or the Minari actress

gay engineer

Tinnitus15
4 hours ago, blzr said:

Perched to see if my homie Maria Bakalova will get nominated!! :excited2:

Imagine the serve if she’s nominated and  wins!! 🇧🇬 Will be proud 

Ivannn
Just now, emig09 said:

She's losing to Bakalova or the Minari actress

Bakalova will not win. Just wait and see. The Academy ows her for snub from two years ago.

emig09

Jodie Foster, was ignored, making her the first Best Supporting Actress Golden Globe winner to not earn an Oscar bid in 44 years.

:messga:

gay engineer

emig09
Just now, Ivannn said:

Bakalova will not win. Just wait and see. The Academy ows her for snub from two years ago.

they have snubbed Glenn 7 previous times gurl 

gay engineer

Archived