❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎
event

Drake: 970k (but unable to chart)

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

gypsy101
2 hours ago, Chromatography said:

this is true, but it would be nice to turn on the radio sometimes and not want to turn it off immediately 

lots of stations don’t play mumble rap

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jose P
3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

But it was never as prominent in top 40 as it is now. The top 10 is mostly filled with hip-hop/rap and has been for a very long time.

I think what you’re trying to get at is how there’s little variety in the charts atm, because hip hop and hip hop infused music really has had a strong presence in the charts for quite a while, just think about that 2000s craze with Timbaland and the Neptunes for example. 

Ronnie
Just now, Jose P said:

I think what you’re trying to get at is how there’s little variety in the charts atm, because hip hop and hip hop infused music really has had a strong presence in the charts for quite a while, just think about that 2000s craze with Timbaland and the Neptunes for example. 

Which was waaaay more Pop back then. I generally just miss pop infused music. Artists like Billie get me excited because their music doesn’t sound like a specific genre. There hasn’t been anything super fresh in a long long time. I’m ready for it! 

JustTea
9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Not sure where you got that wrong answer but it was actually 166M streams, giving her a total of 846,000 album units.

9 hours ago, Adarsh said:

970k with just 3 songs? :nooo:

9 hours ago, bionic said:

How many are pure sales? Streaming has destroyed creativity 

9 hours ago, weed said:

how tf does 125M streams = 970k?? 

970k album units would require 1.455 Billion streams, so they meant single units total from the 3 songs combined... :laughga:

Agunimon
9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Very true but I just want to see more diversity in the top 40 again. 

Yeah! Bring back the same general pop dance tracks to the top 40 again. :koons:

Jose P
15 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Yeah! Bring back the same general pop dance tracks to the top 40 again. :koons:

Yeah exactly lol, they say diversity but they really just want a pop dominated homogeneous chart. And by that I mean generally for most people on these pop forums.

weed
8 hours ago, JustTea said:

970k album units would require 1.455 Billion streams, so they meant single units total from the 3 songs combined... :laughga:

Thank you with actual facts :flower:

Agunimon
8 hours ago, Jose P said:

Yeah exactly lol, they say diversity but they really just want a pop dominated homogeneous chart. And by that I mean generally for most people on these pop forums.

That's what I take from people complaining that rap music is so much more prominent now. Ironically it makes it much more diverse of charts to have that kind of music on there so much more frequently compared to like 10 years ago. Although I don't really pay attention to charts nowadays, I remember top 40 before was very much the same sounds that people here seem to be more into.

27monster27
20 hours ago, weed said:

Folklore got 290M streams, which gave her only 200k album units :bear:

Are you maybe thinking of Evermore? I know that album did around 200k units.

he/him/his

gagaisitalian

Genuinely asking...what do people see in him? Every song has always sounded the same and he has no edge or intrigue about him.

weed
6 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

Are you maybe thinking of Evermore? I know that album did around 200k units.

I meant 200k units from streaming, not 200k total units

Catnikko
21 hours ago, bionic said:

How many are pure sales? Streaming has destroyed creativity 

really? :triggered: i haven't bought a song in years

streaming is realistically a more accurate showcase of what's being listened to because no one youtube to mp3s a song they can stream on spotify etc

Dance in the shadow of the meow

Archived