Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
Die With A Smile Spotify Banner
new music

Gwen Stefani Slow Clap is out

Franch Toast

Featured Posts

Franch Toast
2 hours ago, beli8 said:

I kind of like it (the chorus not so much), but I have low expectations for Gwen now. I do wish someday the guys will be on good terms with her again and they'll do a reunion tour. But I'm not holding my breath for it.

@ChicaSkas @skaxboy @Franch Toast were you guys on the Unofficial forum back in the day? I was beli8 on there as well. Huge, huge fan here. I got on stage and made a fool of myself during the 2nd leg of the RS tour in 2002 lol video evidence exists. In 2009 I went to 7 shows during their summer tour (6 of them in California) and did a meet & greet with just 3 other fans which was awesome, because the meet & greets were normally of very large groups that tour. Ours ended up being just the 4 of us because they had to re-schedule us to a different day, and they scheduled us to one of their "off" days so no one else was there. We were in freaking heaven lol 15-20 minutes alone with the whole band, I don't know how I didn't lose my ****! The last time I saw them live was for the small Push & Shove tour at the end of 2012 (flew to Cali for one of those shows). I am so glad I did that... little did I know they wouldn't go on any major tour after that. I miss them so much, but at least we have some great records to cherish forever.

I wasn't. So I actually got really into No Doubt in the late 90s/early 2000s, but I didn't care much for Gwen's solo stuff, and life happened, and Gwen and No Doubt fell off my radar. Next thing I know, she's on The Voice and dating Blake Shelton and making country Christmas songs, and I'm like, no thanks. 

Then "Let Me Reintroduce Myself" comes along, and the song works like Gwen intended, because it reminds me of the Gwen I used to love, and I start deep-diving into No Doubt's catalogue, including discovering Push & Shove, which completely slipped passed me (to be fair, that was a rough year for me). And then the video for LMMR comes out, with all the Easter eggs to previous videos and looks, and I'm in full nostalgia mode, and suddenly it's the Return of Saturn era for me again and I'm obsessed with No Doubt again. 

I have never been to any of their shows, but post-pandemic, I want to go to Gwen's residency if she continues it, and I would fly anywhere in the world to see No Doubt perform. I would even pay the $1000 for a M&G with Gwen because I paid double for 3 seconds with Gaga, and I heard Gwen actually spends a couple of minutes with each person and you get to take multiple pictures, and it costs half the price of Gaga's. 

That's so awesome you got to go on stage with them for the Rock Steady tour and that you've seen them so much live! Wow!

I'm hoping they do something next year, because in the Zane Lowe interview, Zane brought up that next year is the 30th anniversary of the band. (I thought they should be older than that, but......) Gwen is lovely, but her energy with the boys is unmatched, and I love their chemistry. I'm hoping with Gavin out of the picture that circumstances will work out better for them to reunite, whether for a tour or a new album or both. I just love them so much, and Gwen by herself feels kind of naked to me. 

She/Her/Hers

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Starmie25

I live for the CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP👏👏

edit: hoping her new album has something similar to "Yummy" or "Let Me Blow Ya Mind". 

BornAsUnic0rn

Wait, are people serious? That’s literally the type of music she always made? Is it her best song? No. But her biggest songs are not exactly the deepest songs tbh. 

This and Let Me Reintroduce Myself are fun songs about the state of mind she has right now. Literally what What You Waiting For? & Hollaback Girl are, fun songs about being creatively stuck as an aging popstar and about another celeb calling her a Hollaback Girl.

ThisGuyTony

It’s not terrible but she’s definitely pushing the nostalgia (the font, the outfits, the sound, and her vocals) of her LAMB and TSE eras. :triggered:

Reminiscing on your past work isn’t bad but there’s something tacky about redoing your past image and sound in the hopes people will feel nostalgic and buy/listen the new songs. :smh: 

Cyber Babylon

That's sounds literally like her TSE era outtake, and it's on the same level with NTYGI, Yummy, Wind it Up etc:triggered: this is the Original riginal Gwen that yall always wanted her to come back with, and I remember it well that during the Truth era some of yall trashed her generic Billboard top 40 sounds:ohwell:

beli8

@Franch Toast I'm glad you are re-discovering them. I wasnt sure if I was gonna like solo Gwen when she released LAMB but I ended up liking it a lot. And she was still on good terms with the guys so it didnt bother me that she tried the solo thing. TSE, same thing. And I reeeeally like some of the songs off Truth (Red Flag, Obsessed, Rocketship, Naughty) but don't listen to that album as much cuz I associate it with when things really went south with the boys. Zane was counting the 30th anniversary from when their self titled album was released in 92, but they formed the band in 1986 (first show was like December 1986 although most people will say it was in 1987). I really don't know if they will do anything though. The boys don't like Gwen's manager, when she switched to him they refused to do the same. I just dont know that they'd be able to come to an agreement. Not to mention there is an issue with some of the guys not liking that Gwen incorporated ND songs into her solo shows.

I do hope you can go to her residency if she picks it back up! And I'm right there with you, if ND do even one show again I dont care how much I have to spend lol I'm going.

Franch Toast
1 hour ago, beli8 said:

@Franch Toast I'm glad you are re-discovering them. I wasnt sure if I was gonna like solo Gwen when she released LAMB but I ended up liking it a lot. And she was still on good terms with the guys so it didnt bother me that she tried the solo thing. TSE, same thing. And I reeeeally like some of the songs off Truth (Red Flag, Obsessed, Rocketship, Naughty) but don't listen to that album as much cuz I associate it with when things really went south with the boys. Zane was counting the 30th anniversary from when their self titled album was released in 92, but they formed the band in 1986 (first show was like December 1986 although most people will say it was in 1987). I really don't know if they will do anything though. The boys don't like Gwen's manager, when she switched to him they refused to do the same. I just dont know that they'd be able to come to an agreement. Not to mention there is an issue with some of the guys not liking that Gwen incorporated ND songs into her solo shows.

I do hope you can go to her residency if she picks it back up! And I'm right there with you, if ND do even one show again I dont care how much I have to spend lol I'm going.

I didn't like LAMB back in the 2000s because I found "Hollaback Girl" super grating, but I recently gave the full album a re-listen, and I enjoyed most of it, especially "Cool."  I think it's awesome that she persuaded Tony's then-girlfriend/now-wife to star in the video. I still don't care for "Hollaback Girl" that much though, but I can tell she has fun performing it live. I like some songs off TSE and TIWTTFL, but not a fan of countrified Gwen's duets with Blake. She sounds great, but it's just not my genre of choice.

I hope she's still friends with the guys. I recently came across a picture of them together at an event in 2018. Even if they're not performing together, I hope they still are in each other's lives in other ways, since they've known each other for so long, and it makes me sad to think of them not being friends anymore (especially her and Tony). I heard about the management change and that they don't like her singing ND songs in her solo shows, but I still hold out hope that somehow they can work out something and have a mini-tour. 

I remember Tony saying one reason that Push & Shove took so long was because while the guys all had the support of their wives in taking care of their kids, childrearing largely duties fell onto Gwen (though she had a nanny or two) and Gavin was of little support. Now that she's in a healthier relationship with a partner who seems to support her (plus only has custody of her kids 50% of the time), I hope that if ND does try to make another record that things will go better this time. I'm an optimist. I don't want to believe that P&S is the last album. 

She/Her/Hers

ChicaSkas
20 hours ago, beli8 said:

I kind of like it (the chorus not so much), but I have low expectations for Gwen now. I do wish someday the guys will be on good terms with her again and they'll do a reunion tour. But I'm not holding my breath for it.

@ChicaSkas @skaxboy @Franch Toast were you guys on the Unofficial forum back in the day? I was beli8 on there as well. Huge, huge fan here. I got on stage and made a fool of myself during the 2nd leg of the RS tour in 2002 lol video evidence exists. In 2009 I went to 7 shows during their summer tour (6 of them in California) and did a meet & greet with just 3 other fans which was awesome, because the meet & greets were normally of very large groups that tour. Ours ended up being just the 4 of us because they had to re-schedule us to a different day, and they scheduled us to one of their "off" days so no one else was there. We were in freaking heaven lol 15-20 minutes alone with the whole band, I don't know how I didn't lose my ****! The last time I saw them live was for the small Push & Shove tour at the end of 2012 (flew to Cali for one of those shows). I am so glad I did that... little did I know they wouldn't go on any major tour after that. I miss them so much, but at least we have some great records to cherish forever.

Yes. I wasnt able to post much because i was using library internet but my username was SkaLion67. 

I wrote a few posts that got traction back then, a gwen poem and the 10 Commandments of No Doubt..... those forums have been gone for so many years....

They didnt have archivists like Sara and I to back them up... I do remember printing information from BeaconStreet.net back In the day, for many years. 

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Archived