💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

celeb

Prince William: the Royal Family isnt racist

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

TasteLikeWhiskey
3 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

Of course but you can't say that we can't try to take care of racism in our countries just because in African countries you experience "real racism"

I agree with you and it is counterproductive. 

But I do get annoyed with posts like the pic of William being carried around on a visit to another nation that was posted above. It is racist to assume that that happened because the poor black men were subjugated into doing that for a white man. Or that William should rather have said no. Not the truth. It is based on tradition and respect for royalty. 

So I am sceptical about the 'racism' that everyone seems to be upset about. Hence my comment about 'real racism'. 

I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TasteLikeWhiskey
1 hour ago, xoxo Craig said:

Exactly 

If you want to end racism, then I suggest you don't think that Africans should be and think like you do. 

LilyLark
1 hour ago, KanyeWest said:

Some of you are so annoying, you swallow everything the media throws at you without actually using your brain a little. I'm sitting here pretty neutral about all this because of certain facts about both of them

The thing is Prince Phillip & Princess Michael of Kent have, on the record, said and done a ton of racist sh*t. Harry did, too, to a lesser extent. And it wasn't a "one time" thing with Phillip & Kent, it was numerous times....and while all racism is terrible I can understand that sometimes people are out of touch/ignorant/etc. and express themselves badly (basically, people making mistakes, however bad, versus being truly hateful).  However, in their cases it wasn't that sort of situation, either.

I get that one can argue the pic of William, however bad it looks, was based on tradition but he's erasing people's legitimate anger with Phillip, etc.—right after Meghan said there was an issue—and that comes off as terribly insensitive. Moreover, the royals aren't celebrities or athletes....they are people the taxpayers help pay for in the UK.

TasteLikeWhiskey
11 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I get that one can argue the pic of William, however bad it looks, was based on tradition but he's erasing people's legitimate anger with Phillip.

I am not picking a fight. I would just really like to understand. 

Why does this pic of William look bad? What is it about the picture that offends you (people) ? (beyond statements from a poster of the pic that it is meant to represent something bad). 

Should someone who posts this picture (and those who support such a post) in a racist manner not be condemned more than the pic itself? 

15 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Harry did, too, to a lesser extent.

Nazi costume + footage of him making fun of a person of color when he was in the army.

15 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I get that one can argue the pic of William, however bad it looks, was based on tradition but he's erasing people's legitimate anger with Phillip, etc.—right after Meghan said there was an issue—and that comes off as terribly insensitive. Moreover, the royals aren't celebrities or athletes....they are people the taxpayers help pay for in the UK.

I'm not defending the royal family, as I think it's plausible they said the racist thing about the baby. But everyone seems to ignore Meghan Markle's very sketchy past, and the inconsistencies in what they said during the interview. Everyone is bias, and I think some people in the public life know very well that in today's culture it's very easy to cancel others, it only requires a few keywords. I'm always careful with what the media tries to tell us, you can do anything with the media, anything, very very powerful tool

Anveeroy
1 hour ago, TasteLikeWhiskey said:

If you guys are seriously concerned with the horrible effects of colonialism based on race...Then I think Africa (and maybe the opinions of Africans) is a good place start that conversation. 

But I guess the first world will again take the matter into their own hands. Colonialism by way of social opinion I call it. 

Social Opinion? 

Colonialism isn't just an Africa issue. They broke the Indian Sub-continent, created divisions, looted- even there were PARTITION GENOCIDE. We are LIVING through that- we are. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

JusKeepBreathin

Wear a black shirt and dance to Overprotected in your next post if you are being forced to say this Prince William. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

TasteLikeWhiskey
Just now, Aarghya said:

Social Opinion? 

They broke the Indian Sub-continent, created divisions, looted- even there were PARTITION GENOCIDE. We are LIVING through that- we are. 

I have, and will never, defend those actions. I am alive today because my great-grandparents survived in SA through concentration camps established by the English during the Anglo-Boer wars. So I am not ignorant of history. 

But I still don't understand why everyone is suddenly concerned with the monarchy of the UK after 2 people were oferred money by companies who make money from that?! 

If you really cared.... Do something instead of supporting 2 rich people in need of more money. Cancel culture is being exploited. 

xoxo Craig
1 hour ago, Queen Bitch said:

Okay William
725547_2058316_a_updates.jpg

:billie:

2 hours ago, GucciGa said:

And William wasn't the one photographed wearing a nazi suit hanging with people in black face. 

You were saying? :billie:

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, TasteLikeWhiskey said:

I have, and will never, defend those actions. I am alive today because my great-grandparents survived in SA through concentration camps established by the English during the Anglo-Boer wars. So I am not ignorant of history. 

But I still don't understand why everyone is suddenly concerned with the monarchy of the UK after 2 people were oferred money by companies who make money from that?! 

If you really cared.... Do something instead of supporting 2 rich people in need of more money. Cancel culture is being exploited. 

You clearly don't know how the royal family works... 

This isn't cancel culture. This is about tackling deep rooted racism that has been in the UK for centuries. 

The money is a byproduct. To simply say that they did all this for money and to get attention is simply ignorant 

End Racism Now

Tinnitus15
3 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

:billie::billie::billie: I know the prince of the colonizing dynasty did NOT just say this...

Williams when he lies 

monster4life231

I think there's a distinction between "the family isn't racist" and "individuals in the family are racist". If he's speaking about the actual family unit, as in a collection of individuals and not the family as an institution, then I understand him. How many family members need to be racist for it to be considered that the family itself is racist? 

spread peace - #MJInnocent

TasteLikeWhiskey
17 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

You clearly don't know how the royal family works... 

This isn't cancel culture. This is about tackling deep rooted racism that has been in the UK for centuries. 

The money is a byproduct. To simply say that they did all this for money and to get attention is simply ignorant 

Africa has royalty all round since that is how traditional societies are organized. And I have actually met Harry and William in Lesotho during one of their many charitable visits to the Kingdom of Lesotho. They have done amazing work here in past years, including helping to build a football college for the less fortunate. 

They were only able to do that, and inspire alot of people in poor countries, by being who they are expected to be. And given an oppertunity to be. 

If you have a problem with your own monarchy. Don't use Africa and colonialism as an excuse. You are being racist. 

Aphasic

Why didn't you defend your brother's wife? How come literally no one in the royal family does nothing on anything out of fear of getting out of their neutral political positions? Speaking up on racism isn't a political view, is a human thing to do to condemn racism, yet they waited literally centuries until a mixed raced woman spoke about her experience in the palace. Shame on all of the royal family and all the people behind them.

Monster647
4 hours ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

Yea because the UK police and PoC get along completely fine in the UK and there’s no racial wealth gap whatsoever

Outcomes do not define opportunities. Focus on unequal opportunities not on outcomes. :mark:

If you were to accept that different ethnic/racial/national groups have distinct cultures to be respected, it’s completely senseless to not be able to consider how those differences can manifest themselves in financial outcomes at a larger populace level. (Only one of the factors of a complex multiparameter equation) 

You’d get along really well with real racists in terms of seeing everything through the lens of race and only race. Differences in wealth accumulation, just like every other thing, has tons of parameters, racial discrimination is only one of them - albeit not even a dominant one. 

In UK, higher percentage of Chinese, Indian & Non-British White Households are in highest income quintile(meaning Highest 20%) than British White Households. +++ You even can see the big gap between Indians vs Pakistanis & Bangladeshis who are the people of same race.... 

IMPORTANT NOTE: Given income stats are equivslised/adjusted to represent all households with what their income would be if equal number of adults & children lived in each household. Hence household size is not a factor in these statistics.

Percentage of household income in each income quintile in UK:

https://ibb.co/nzSgpYL

Archived