Sign in to follow this  
society

California's Theme Parks & Stadiums Can Reopen By April 1st 2021

RAMROD
Posted (edited)

California officials said theme parks and stadiums can reopen as soon as April 1 provided they meet local requirements and take precautions against the coronavirus.

Ballparks and venues for live outdoor performances can reopen on that date, but will have to limit crowds to 100 -- and keep concessions closed -- if the caseloads in their counties keep them in the strictest, purple tier, state officials said Friday. That will expand to 20% when cases fall further.

Theme parks can resume operations when their counties hit the red tier, the second-strictest level. They’ll have to observe a 15% capacity limit.

With cases falling, the announcement provides a path to normalcy for companies like Walt Disney Co., SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. and concert promoter Live Nation Entertainment Inc., which have suffered during the shutdown. It also means a few fans can return to baseball stadiums from Oakland to San Diego for the start of the season that day.

Source:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-05/california-theme-parks-stadiums-can-begin-reopening-april-1

All the hennies in my state, California, will get our COMATICA Balls after all :poot:

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • YAAAS 2
  • Shook 4
  • Sad 1

River

Time to buy the ticket for Disney and go to the Marvel area and do the new Spiderman attraction :gayhat:

I'd rather be dead but I guess I'm alive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 3

weed

omg going to a theme park with only 15% capacity honestly sounds like a dreammmmmmmm no 2hr wait lines :nooo:

• Like 8
  • YAAAS 2

JoeMo
Just now, weed said:

omg going to a theme park with only 15% capacity honestly sounds like a dreammmmmmmm no 2hr wait lines :nooo:

I went to thorpe park last year and they said they were greatly reducing capacity... this did not happen AT ALL. 3plus hour queues for all the major rides, people crammed in cattle pen queues with no masks or social distancing.. I’m surprised the media didn’t say anything about it 

www.youtube.com/jmremixes
  • Shook 3

JRCF29

I was waiting very patiently for this news, but cut my losses and SOLD my DISNEY stock on my stock market simulator app goodbyeeeee

Spoiler

Those airline stocks I bought last year irl are looking kinda cute tho:stalkga:

Don't Call Me Gaga

JRCF29
1 minute ago, JoeMo said:

I went to thorpe park last year and they said they were greatly reducing capacity... this did not happen AT ALL. 3plus hour queues for all the major rides, people crammed in cattle pen queues with no masks or social distancing.. I’m surprised the media didn’t say anything about it 

When I went to England 7 years ago, I was obsessed with going to theme parks

Spoiler

and pretty much nothing else

Spoiler

:fatcat:

Don't Call Me Gaga

RainingOnMe

Why is everything reopening when COVID is still rampant?? :noparty:

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 4

Peter Parker
28 minutes ago, River said:

Time to buy the ticket for Disney and go to the Marvel area and do the new Spiderman attraction :gayhat:

I became a Spider-Man fan a few days ago :giveup:

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 1

HuffsAhoy
13 hours ago, Finn The Human said:

Because we simply cannot continue living in a perpetual lockdown, it's not feasible. Anyone who champions continued shut downs does so from a place of immense privilege. If the science everyone demands we believe is accurate then so long as mask wearing, social distancing, and other safety measures are followed what is the big deal. I have been eating out, going to breweries, shopping, doing everything I used to (except bars) over the last few months without incident. If you want to continue sealing yourself off from the world, fine. But you have zero right to demand the rest of the world follow suit. 

Rain on Me
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Jewels n Drugs

I need roller coasters this summer :air:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano
  • Like 1

Ana Bohueles

That's great! Alexa, play Spider-Mans D1ck

PartySick
23 hours ago, Finn The Human said:

It's too soon imo. Our numbers right now are where they were last Summer when all these restrictions were put in place :smh:

The slightest glimmer of hope and people drop their guard then we get another wave worse than the last one.

🧡No matter what you do, I'm still gonna be here🧡
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

RainingOnMe
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

It's too soon imo. Our numbers right now are where they were last Summer when all these restrictions were put in place :smh:

The slightest glimmer of hope and people drop their guard then we get another wave worse than the last one.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Americans never learn. :(

9 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Because we simply cannot continue living in a perpetual lockdown, it's not feasible. Anyone who champions continued shut downs does so from a place of immense privilege. If the science everyone demands we believe is accurate then so long as mask wearing, social distancing, and other safety measures are followed what is the big deal. I have been eating out, going to breweries, shopping, doing everything I used to (except bars) over the last few months without incident. If you want to continue sealing yourself off from the world, fine. But you have zero right to demand the rest of the world follow suit. 

No need to be so aggressive. Obviously not everyone can be in lockdown for the rest of time but at this rate, everyone will think the pandemic is "over" and there will be so many more deadlier waves than we've seen in the past year. See Texas and Florida for example. People are violating the rules all the time probably yourself included, stop acting like everyone is just going to mask and social distance with restrictions eased because we all know that's a lie.

• Like 2

RAMROD
12 minutes ago, Finn The Human said:

This is exactly what I'm thinking. Americans never learn. :(

It is not just America problem. Rest of the world also started to lifting lock downs order and open up to business again.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1

PartySick
10 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

Anyone who champions continued shut downs does so from a place of immense privilege.

No we don't :smh:

We do so from a place where some of us can't afford to even get a cough checked out in this stupid country, let alone get treatment for a virus that's killed half a million people in the US alone and gave millions more a new "prexisting condition".

You know damn well mask mandates will be ignored, not enough people will be vaccinated (by choice), and no one abides by social distancing rules especially in places like stores, restaurants, and theme parks.

We saw how this works with stadiums after the super bowl too. People crowd around in the parking lot, many with no masks. You see how it works here in Florida with restaurants. Right now I could go to the bar less than a mile from my work and find every seat taken, every booth full, and no masks on anyone. Even the staff.

If you ask me, the ones who are calling for an end to the lockdowns are the "privileged" ones who believe that limiting people's exposure to covid is less important than some roller coasters, dining out, and live music :nails:

I could not describe how angry I would be if someone went to Disney, was exposed, passed it on to me at work, and then I took it home to any one of my compromised, elderly, or poorer family members and they fell ill or died.

"Privileged" :smh:

🧡No matter what you do, I'm still gonna be here🧡
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1