St. Vincent - Pay Your Way In Pain

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

THAT WAS SO F*CKING LIT????

Soft, soothing, and succulent

youandi

I like it! 

What songs of hers would people recommend, I've heard a few which I was kind of indifferent about but would probably like more now such as New York(?), Masseduction and Fast Slow Disco (sorry if those titles aren't right)

alsemanche
4 minutes ago, youandi said:

I like it! 

What songs of hers would people recommend, I've heard a few which I was kind of indifferent about but would probably like more now such as New York(?), Masseduction and Fast Slow Disco (sorry if those titles aren't right)

Masseduction as a whole is an amazing album tbh. My favs on it are Los Ageless, New York, Masseduction, and Sugarboy. I'm not too familiar with her older work tbh, but Digital Witnesses is also a great song, so is Birth in Reverse. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Donatellah

I liked it <3 the music video was iconique 

3 minutes ago, youandi said:

I like it! 

I got into her with MASSEDUCTION, I ended up loving it and then I went to listen her self-titled record next (I also loved it)

Chesescake
7 minutes ago, youandi said:

I like it! 

How about her second album Actor? The Stranger and Black Rainbow is pretty good!

GagaSine

This is giving me major Bowie and Prince vibes!

So I should love it :bradley: Idk what is wrong with me but I have been trying to get into her music for like ten years because she is such an indie darling but no matter how much I listen I just don’t love it, it never “hooks me”. I love all the different looks she has served over the years but her music just doesn’t connect with me (and I love the lyrics here!)

The comedian Chris Fleming has a bit where he was like “you don’t have to pretend to like St Vincent” and I was like thank god!!! Finally someone understands lol

Damon

this gave me major Bowie's Young Americans vibes :nooo: ugh I love it, so fierce

... and now i just sit in silence.

JazzGa

Like a modern re-take on the Bowie classic Fame. Love the BDE Annie's persona is exuding this era :giggle:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

JazzGa

1 hour ago, youandi said:

I like it! 

I think "Los Ageless" is her catchiest, danciest, slickest-produced song. Reminds me of The Eurythmics, or even 911. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

March34th
1 hour ago, youandi said:

I like it! 

each of her albums sort of sound different and her earlier work (Marry Me, Actor, Strange Mercy, Love This Giant) were more jazzy and rock sounds, then her self-titled album is full on art rock with Bowie vibes, Masseduction is her most mainstream sounding record yet so I'd suggest starting there. some stand out tracks for that record for me are the title track, Sugarboy, Los Ageless, Fear The Future, and Young Lover - though I would definitely suggest listening to the album all the way through, there's a bit of a storyline to it.

March34th
1 hour ago, Frybean said:

Her voice sounds a little bit overdone.

i noticed that too. the second verse definitley has a lot of reverb and layering going on over her main vocals. i don't mind it, but it is new. reminds me a bit of parts of her self titled album.

Archived