Sign in to follow this  
society

Backlash in Spain over princesses getting vaccine in Abu Dhabi

A revelation that 2 sisters of Spain's King Felipe VI were vaccinated during a trip to Abu Dhabi last month has sparked a political backlash.

Media reports revealed Princess Elena, 57, and Princess Cristina, 55, had got the jab whilst visiting their father. The former King, Juan Carlos, left the country in 2020 amid mounting scandals.

Both princesses, who do not yet qualify to get a vaccine under Spain's roll-out, defended and explained their decision.

"My sister and I went to visit my father and in order to be issued with a medical certificate which will allow us to continue to visit him regularly, we were offered the chance to get vaccinated, which we accepted," they said in a statement.
"Had it not been for these circumstances, we would have waited for our turn to get vaccinated to come around in Spain," they added.

source

👻
  • Shook 1

bionic

A fun way to spend a holiday I suppose :vegas: I wonder how much they paid for the vaccines 

buy bionic

gypsy101

i got mine for free mwahaha

Ricardo

regular people are also traveling to other countries to get their vaccines, I don't see anything wrong with that

• Like 1
  • LMAO 2

Miss Dolly

Outdated royalty thinking they are better than everyone else, nothing is new :green:

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

MessyTop

Vaccine shaming needs to stop! 

RudraCNG
Posted (edited)

End the monarchy

Edited by RudraCNG
  • Like 2

Juanlittlem
22 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

regular people are also traveling to other countries to get their vaccines, I don't see anything wrong with that

Considering it costed 33.000 € to pay for a week of hotels and foods of their security in Abu Dhabi I see something wrong.

• Thanks 2

Neroneau

Plenty of countries allow non-residents to get vaccinated, so what really.. 

joannester

Fvck these parasites, I can assure you not a single one of us young spaniard likes them.

My aunt's neighbour in Madrid is 95 (!!!) and got vaccinated only yesterday. I repeat, yesterday!! My grandparents in Spain on top of being 80+ have severe conditions and haven't even received an appointment date. If they catch it it's over. 

But what else should we expect from Spain.. I can count with one hand the number of times I've been pleasantly surprised since 2008. 

I'll mop you all across the floor, snatch your fυckιng weave out Βitch
  • Thanks 2

dit

their explanation actually makes a lot of sense...this is not the hill to die on with the royal family. There are a lot more scandals and corruption from this family which we can all complain about then this. 

Andreu

There is so many things I could say but let me just say they are disgusting (as always)

before there was love there was silence
  • Thanks 3

Jill
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ricardo said:

56 minutes ago, Neroneau said:

Plenty of countries allow non-residents to get vaccinated, so what really.. 

Why do you think only of the possibility but not of the privilege that that possibility needs to have in order to happen? Do you think absolutely anyone can just go to another country, vaccinate themselves, then come back? Like, are we normalizing richer people getting more quality healthcare now unironically?

Edited by Jill
Addicted to inserting myself into messy threads.
  • Thanks 1

Neroneau
10 minutes ago, Jill said:

Why do you think only of the possibility but not of the privilege that that possibility needs to have in order to happen? Do you think absolutely anyone can just go to another country, vaccinate themselves, then come back? Like, are we normalizing richer people getting more quality healthcare now unironically?

She was visiting her father in Abu Dhabi, my godfather is visiting me and he’ll get vaccinated in my country too. Plenty of people have the possibility to do if it coincides 

Jill
47 minutes ago, Neroneau said:

She was visiting her father in Abu Dhabi, my godfather is visiting me and he’ll get vaccinated in my country too. Plenty of people have the possibility to do if it coincides 

You're not part of a royal family that represents an entire country. Your father isn't a former king that left the country in disgrace. Don't think for a second you're like them.

Addicted to inserting myself into messy threads.
  • Thanks 2