šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I Don't Understand Janet's Wardrobe Malfunction

SEANGT

Featured Posts

SEANGT

I want to start this by saying I think it's crazy sexist and terrible what the media did to her, blaming her alone and letting timberlake off.Ā 

That said, isn't it....impossible that this wasn't planned? How, physically how is it possible, that the bra cup tears away with the black part? On Accident?? I just don't get it. Is that what they say the malfunction was? That seems like an obvious lie. Am I missing something?Ā 

I could imagine a world where it was intentional and she defends it as just a nipple & the other collaborators back her up. i feel like that was maybe what was supposed to happen. It seems like....the only possible explanation.Ā 

FameMonster01

The intentions were for just the first piece of fabric to fall off. I very much doubt that she was willingly going to expose her boob/nippleĀ to millions of audiences. I mean she had to know how conservative people were back then

However it was very wrong of GP to only blame miss Jackson while let Justin off the hook, just proves how misogynistic the society was..

The Fame

The malfunction was that Timberlake was supposed to rip off just the top layer of clothing, but accidentally tore everything off, revealing her bare chest. I really don't think it was 'a planned mistake'. The stakes were too high to pull a stunt like that; she would have been smart enough to know this. This was also years ago where showing parts of yourself was even more taboo than if it happened today. What happened to Janet was horrible and unfair.Ā 

SEANGT
31 minutes ago, FameMonster01 said:

The intentions were for just the first piece of fabric to fall off. I very much doubt that she was willingly going to expose her boob/nippleĀ to millions of audiences. I mean she had to know how conservative people were back then

However it was very wrong of GP to only blame miss Jackson while let Justin off the hook, just proves how misogynistic the society was..

Ā 

29 minutes ago, The Fame said:

The malfunction was that Timberlake was supposed to rip off just the top layer of clothing, but accidentally tore everything off, revealing her bare chest. I really don't think it was 'a planned mistake'. The stakes were too high to pull a stunt like that; she would have been smart enough to know this. This was also years ago where showing parts of yourself was even more taboo than if it happened today. What happened to Janet was horrible and unfair.Ā 

See that's just where I get lost....what kind of undergarment can be accidentally ripped off like that? Is that something that makes sense to people who wear bras?Ā 

Either way it's unfair and misogynistic in the aftermath. I just don't understand how clothing literally does that and it's not on purpose

hieronymus
19 minutes ago, The Fame said:

Ā 

21 minutes ago, FameMonster01 said:

story-behind-lil-kim-purple-jumpsuit-at-

Kim says hi from 1999, 5 years before their little super bowl "mishap"

I'm gonna assume both of you aren't familiar with how sexual Janet used to be back then.

Ā 

Franch Toast
2 minutes ago, Cookie Woman said:

Ā 

story-behind-lil-kim-purple-jumpsuit-at-

This was in 1999, 5 years before their super bowl "mishap"

I'm gonna assume both of you aren't familiar with how sexual Janet used to be back then.

Ā 

That's a picture of Lil Kim, not Janet.Ā 

But Janet being sexual in that video doesn't mean she intended to expose her nipple to live audiences during the Super Bowl.Ā 

She/Her/Hers

hieronymus
Just now, Franch Toast said:

That's a picture of Lil Kim, not Janet.Ā 

But Janet being sexual in that video doesn't mean she intended to expose her nipple to live audiences during the Super Bowl.Ā 

That's obvious. I'm showing you guys the precedent is there in pop culture.

When was the last time any of you looked at what happened? She's wearing an enormous bedazzled nipple ring. There's no way it wasn't intended to be shown.

Meruk Holland

I thought it was intentional when I originally saw it at 9 years old. And I didn't think it was scandalous. If anything, I was more scarred by hearing all the adults talking about how horrible seeing a woman's body was.Ā 

In retrospect, its still a little hard to believe it was entirely unintentional because of the nipple clamp, but I still think its ridiculous that there was any backlash for it at all. Women should be allowed to be topless the same as men are. I get as much thrill from seeing men titties as I assume straight men do from see women's breasts. And I'd be so pissed if they made men start covering up.

StrawberryBlond

It confuses me somewhat as well. I could buy the planned explanation that the black part was supposed to come away revealing the red part underneath but that goes against what the line of the song said at this point. It seemed that the idea was to completely expose her because he sang "gonna have you naked by the end of this song" right before he did it. If it revealed another covering underneath, this wouldn't make any sense unless it was designed to be a "gotcha!" moment. Like: "You really thought you were going to see some skin there? Haha, we're just trolling!" If that was the case, ok, but its never been confirmed and it's this part that casts some doubt over it for me. But Janet's reaction at the time does seem very genuinely shocked and she did cover herself immediately afterwards. And for those saying she was wearing a big bedazzled nipple piercing that was meant to be seen, well, a lot of people with those piercings do wear stuff like that all the time, even if it's covered by their clothes. Maybe they save it for their partner and no one else? Just because they have a nipple piercing doesn't mean they go around topless, showing it to everyone all the time. So, I can see both angles. As to how they whole thing came off, I can guess that the red material underneath, seeing as it's like a bra of sorts, seems sorta stretchy and easy to pull down? It didn't "fall off" per se, it was pulled down.

GagaSine

I do think it was planned tbh, the jewelry says it all. The backlash was why they apologized/claimed it to be a mistake. But that is just my opinion.

Iā€™ve never had lingerie rip like that, but maybe they accidentally glued it to the removableĀ part of the top? I feel bad for Janet and how it damaged her career.

Archived