💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga master Patrizia Gucci's accent?

Will Gaga master Patrizia's accent?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will Gaga master Patrizia's accent?

• Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Possibly
    • Not sure, and kinda worried
    • Nope :((((

Featured Posts

Fame IV

If the characters are Italian, then the language used should be Italian. For me it's simple. I disagree with some people here saying it would be too tiring to hear 2 hours of characters speaking Italian. Don't forget that non-English speakers have to watch almost every Hollywood film in English. That is actually tiring. They could make a difference in "House of Gucci" and preserve the original context (locations and language).

A Star is Born ⭐

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fame IV
16 hours ago, Damien said:

they will be speaking in english with no italian accent - it is a known thing and roots in the theory of making movies, no good director would allow to butcher their project like that - but they will be trying to sound posh, rich and classy in their very own way of speaking

How do you sound "posh, rich and classy"? That's very subjective. That means, in your opinion, that English is classy and Italian isn't? They can sound posh and classy and still use an Italian accent. But I think they should do the film solely in Italian, as the intention is to portray real italian characters. There's an urge for language diversity at Hollywood. 

A Star is Born ⭐

43 minutes ago, Fame IV said:

How do you sound "posh, rich and classy"? That's very subjective. That means, in your opinion, that English is classy and Italian isn't? They can sound posh and classy and still use an Italian accent. But I think they should do the film solely in Italian, as the intention is to portray real italian characters. There's an urge for language diversity at Hollywood. 

No, it's not about that english is classy and italian not. It makes no sense to play in language that they are not fluent in. It wouldn't be called 'acting', but imitating and butchering your very own role. They will be speaking in english, the production is american. Fake, forced italian or even only accent will take away the whole vibe of reality. Linguistic styling will be based on english, im sure.

Helxig
18 hours ago, Decodekid said:

She’s been doing a bunch of accents throughout her career, specially during the born this way era, she was making up accents every day :huntyga:

I know you're making a joke :laughga:  but I really liked the weird accent she created for the Born This Way Ball

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

Esteban
22 hours ago, Ivannn said:

So Al Pacino is not italian? Or Stefani Germanotta? Okay...

They are american.. 

Runway
7 hours ago, Fame IV said:

If the characters are Italian, then the language used should be Italian. For me it's simple. I disagree with some people here saying it would be too tiring to hear 2 hours of characters speaking Italian. Don't forget that non-English speakers have to watch almost every Hollywood film in English. That is actually tiring. They could make a difference in "House of Gucci" and preserve the original context (locations and language).

If they wanted the film to be in italian they would have hired italian actors. Adam Driver, Al Pacino, Gaga, Jeremy Irons, Jared Leto do not speak italian :laughga:

Nathaniel Arven
On 2/27/2021 at 6:17 PM, Lady Papa said:

She already sounds like her :huntyga:

such a great interview :) her laugh at the end i music to my ears. 

PawsUpJago

I really hope she nails the accent Patricia's is obviously incredibly thick and I've found very few clips of her speaking in English at all. A bad accent could really throw off the seriousness of the movie but Gaga is the type to be extremely dedicated to learning it, the only time we saw Gaga struggle with an accent so far was during Roanoke, but I mean... AHS crew has historically been awful at managing and coaching accents out of their actors and giving them very little time to prepare things like this. 

If she slays here, this will be BIG for her. I get goosebumps just thinking of how massive this ensemble is as well as the one she is part of for Bullet Train. She's making smart choices and things like this are only going to make the average film goer be excited to see her name in a cast line up years from now once she has even more in her filmography. 

pachinko
On 2/27/2021 at 12:23 PM, Jill said:

No. They will speak Italian with an English accent.

Jill, I love you so much. Haha, legendary response. I expected no less. 

Esteban
14 hours ago, Runway said:

Italian american *

American people think like that but thats not the case everywhere. For example, I have italian and spanish origins but I'll never pretend I'm Italian or Spanish because I'm born in France and I don't speak spanish or italian perfectly

Archived