Sign in to follow this  
politics

Shamima Begum cannot return to UK, Supreme Court rules

Miss Dolly

β€œShamima Begum, who left the UK for Syria to join the Islamic State group as a teenager, will not be allowed to return and fight her citizenship case, the Supreme Court has ruled.

The court said in a unanimous ruling that her rights were not breached when she was refused permission to return.

Ms Begum, 21, wants to come back to challenge the home secretary's decision to remove her British nationality.

She is currently in a camp controlled by armed guards in northern Syria.

Ms Begum was 15 when she and two other east London schoolgirls left the UK in February 2015 and travelled to Syria to join the Islamic State group.

In 2019, the then-Home Secretary Sajid Javid stripped Ms Begum of her citizenship on national security grounds.”

Source:Β https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-56209007

Β 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Miss Dolly
Just now, Ricksies said:

kim kardashian GIF

Only thing I’ve ever agreed with you on.Β 

• Like 1

Ricksies
7 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Only thing I’ve ever agreed with you on.Β 

No we've agreed on something else before. I remember being surprised at the time. Can't remember what though ;)

We just happen to both be passionate about certain topics any unfortunately sometimes fall on opposite sides.

Outside of politics I'm sure we'd get on much better, I've seen some of your posts and you're not that bad ;D

• Like 1

Miss Dolly
Just now, Ricksies said:

No we've agreed on something else before. I remember being surprised at the time. Can't remember what though ;)

We just happen to both be passionate about certain topics any unfortunately sometimes fall on opposite sides.

Outside of politics I'm sure we'd get on much better, I've seen some of your posts and you're not that bad ;D

More than likely. Maybe too passionate about politics. I’ve had some ugly arguments on this site about politics.Β 
Β 

More than likely, I’ll look out for you outside the political threads.Β :hug:

• Love 1

Shipper

Didnt a lot of Muslim girlsΒ go to Syria to marry one or two of the guys there? I remember one documentary that they let the girls talk to a guy for a day and they get married the next day. If your husband dies during the war, they will assign you a new husband.Β 

It's so scary what religious zealots will do.Β 

πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•

Miss Dolly
3 minutes ago, Shipper said:

Didnt a lot of Muslim girlsΒ go to Syria to marry one or two of the guys there? I remember one documentary that they let the girls talk to a guy for a day and they get married the next day. If your husband dies during the war, they will assign you a new husband.Β 

It's so scary what religious zealots will do.Β 

I am sure a lot of radicalised females went to Syria as a part of ISIS. It’s absolutely scare what goes on other there within their murderous cult.Β 

Shipper
51 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

I am sure a lot of radicalised females went to Syria as a part of ISIS. It’s absolutely scare what goes on other there within their murderous cult.Β 

To be honest, any radical and religious zealot scares me. A lot of Trump supporters are also religious zealots and do a lot of stupid things in the name of religion/personal belief.

πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•
  • Like 2

Miss Dolly
Just now, Shipper said:

To be honest, any radical and religious zealot scares me. A lot of Trump supporters are also religious zealots and do a lot of stupid things in the name of religion/personal belief.

I’m worried about the human race.Β 

• Like 1