Sign in to follow this  
politics

Alex Salmond “Scotland’s leadership has failed”

Miss Dolly

“Alex Salmond has claimed that "Scotland's leadership has failed" as he made his long-awaited appearance at a Scottish Parliament inquiry. 

The former first minister has previously accused people close to his successor Nicola Sturgeon of plotting against him.

The inquiry is examining the Scottish government's botched handling of sexual assault allegations against him.

Mr Salmond was cleared of 13 charges of sexual assault after a trial last year.

As he started his evidence session at the inquiry, he said no one had yet taken responsibility for his "nightmare" over the past three years.” 

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-56209521

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train

bionic

From what I've read, my view is that the SNP leaders (emphasis on Sturgeon) knew about Salmond's behaviour and overlooked it when it was convenient to them, and found offence in it when that was convenient. The SNP government handled the matter inappropriately and Sturgeon was at the forefront of that.

buy bionic

Miss Dolly
Just now, bionic said:

From what I've read, my view is that the SNP leaders (emphasis on Sturgeon) knew about Salmond's behaviour and overlooked it when it was convenient to them, and found offence in it when that was convenient. The SNP government handled the matter inappropriately and Sturgeon was at the forefront of that.

It’s been an extremely confusing and overblown situation. I don’t think the First Minister knew. From what I’ve been told Salmond went to visit Sturgeon in late 2018 to tell her about the allegations but people are trying to say she knew about it 2/3 days beforehand.

I think the Crown Prosecutors are too blame. We will see next Wednesday when the First Minister appears at the inquiry.  

bionic
Just now, Miss Dolly said:

It’s been an extremely confusing and overblown situation. I don’t think the First Minister knew. From what I’ve been told Salmond went to visit Sturgeon in late 2018 to tell her about the allegations but people are trying to say she knew about it 2/3 days beforehand.

I think the Crown Prosecutors are too blame. We will see next Wednesday when the First Minister appears at the inquiry.  

A lot of the reports indicate that there was a culture of excusing inappropriate behaviour, so I find it hard to believe that Sturgeon (who was supposedly his protege) wouldn't be aware of it when low-ranked civil servants were. I don't trust any politician to tell the truth, even under oath.

But I have no horse in this race. I just want Scotland to do its best and have competent leadership. 

buy bionic

bionic

"I disagree," [Salmond] says. "The Scottish civil service has not failed, its leadership has failed.

"The Crown Office has not failed, its leadership has failed.

"Scotland has not failed, its leadership has failed."

Edited by bionic
buy bionic

dit

Another round of fish on fish crime I see. Salmon vs Sturgeon. We love to see it.

• LMAO 1
  • Shook 2

Miss Dolly
4 minutes ago, bionic said:

"I disagree," [Salmond] says. "The Scottish civil service has not failed, its leadership has failed.

"The Crown Office has not failed, its leadership has failed.

"Scotland has not failed, its leadership has failed."

The one thing I don’t understand is how the inquiry was botched. 

Miss Dolly
2 minutes ago, dit said:

Another round of fish on fish crime I see. Salmon vs Sturgeon. We love to see it.

Unionist alert 

Miss Dolly
16 minutes ago, bionic said:

A lot of the reports indicate that there was a culture of excusing inappropriate behaviour, so I find it hard to believe that Sturgeon (who was supposedly his protege) wouldn't be aware of it when low-ranked civil servants were. I don't trust any politician to tell the truth, even under oath.

But I have no horse in this race. I just want Scotland to do its best and have competent leadership. 

All I’m going to say is I’ve never liked Salmond. Couldn’t stand him as First Minister and can’t stand him now. I feel sorry for the 13 woman because they didn’t get the justice they deserve. I find it extremely unlikely that Nicola Sturgeon knew about the assaults between 2008 and 2018 (when the allegations came out). I am sure both of them have said that Alex Salmond went to her house and told her about the allegations. I am the same as you Bionic, I want the best for Scotland (as you know). If this is a resigning matter I don’t know purely because of the UK government has broke the law 3 times since Bojo came to power in 2019 including lying to her majesty the Queen. Digressing, it’ll come out in the wash next Wednesday. 

Edited by Miss Dolly

bionic
13 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

All I’m going to say is I’ve never liked Salmond. Couldn’t stand him as First Minister and can’t stand him now. I feel sorry for the 13 woman because they didn’t get the justice they deserve. I find it extremely unlikely that Nicola Sturgeon knew about the assaults between 2008 and 2018 (when the allegations came out). I am sure both of them have said that Alex Salmond went to her house and told her about the allegations. I am the same as you Bionic, I want the best for Scotland (as you know). If this is a resigning matter I don’t know purely because of the UK government has broke the law 3 times since Bojo came to power in 2019 including lying to her majesty the Queen. Digressing, it’ll come out in the wash next Wednesday. 

Pretty similar to you... I don't know how to feel about what needs to be done moving ahead. A strong (maybe strongest) part of me thinks "lead by example" and demonstrate how leaders should act (i.e. resign, step down, whatever).

BUT the right wing never do the same when they're in power, so what does it achieve? A double standard.

buy bionic
  • Like 1

Miss Dolly
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

Pretty similar to you... I don't know how to feel about what needs to be done moving ahead. A strong (maybe strongest) part of me thinks "lead by example" and demonstrate how leaders should act (i.e. resign, step down, whatever).

BUT the right wing never do the same when they're in power, so what does it achieve? A double standard.

All I can think is, Nicola Sturgeon has been in power for 7 years and this is her first major issue to deal with, in regards of her own leadership. I’m going to create a thread next week to discuss the findings of Sturgeon’s evidence. 

• Like 1

Miss Dolly
23 minutes ago, bionic said:

Sorry again, apparently Salmond has said that he doesn’t believe Sturgeon has conducted a conspiracy against him. 

bionic
5 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

Sorry again, apparently Salmond has said that he doesn’t believe Sturgeon has conducted a conspiracy against him. 

What is he complaining about then :saladga: If the buck doesn't lay with her then what has he been accusing her of these past months

Russian plant

buy bionic

Miss Dolly
Just now, bionic said:

What is he complaining about then :saladga: If the buck doesn't lay with her then what has he been accusing her of these past months

Russian plant

I said to my Grandmother (who is a massive Sturgeon and SNP fan) that Salmond is out to get Sturgeon because things are going too well in regards of SNP and independence. 

bionic
2 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

I said to my Grandmother (who is a massive Sturgeon and SNP fan) that Salmond is out to get Sturgeon because things are going too well in regards of SNP and independence. 

Why would he have a problem with that as a Scottish independence supporter? OK he stepped down (after the referendum failed? or was he ousted? I don't remember) but from what I remember he was very pragmatic and seemed like the kind to say ends justify the means

buy bionic