Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Pitchfork revisits Katy Perry's 'Teenage Dream'

COOOK

Featured Posts

RAMROD

They did all that, and still only giving it a mediocre point that is a 6. :toofunny:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Chromatican

Well they didn’t lie. It’s not a masterpiece, but it pretty much ensures Katy will always be remembered as a pop Princess of the late 00s/early 10s. 

Sneaky Oliver

Growing old is weird, I used to love that record now I can barely stand it. E.T. is still my favorite track perhaps my favorite Katy song ever :enigma:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Bradley

I think lyricism is what really pulls Katy down. Some of her songs are really well produced but pulled down by awkwardly written lines.

edengowon
29 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I think lyricism is what really pulls Katy down. Some of her songs are really well produced but pulled down by awkwardly written lines.

it isn't even that. she has decent lyrics in a vast majority of her songs, it's always ONE awkward lyric that throws the whole verse off. like in witness, the song was flowing great and worked brilliantly until she said "if sh*t hit the fan", since it threw off the whole flow of the verse.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Bradley
1 hour ago, Autumn said:

it isn't even that. she has decent lyrics in a vast majority of her songs, it's always ONE awkward lyric that throws the whole verse off. like in witness, the song was flowing great and worked brilliantly until she said "if sh*t hit the fan", since it threw off the whole flow of the verse.

There are quite a number of these little awkward lines

"I need tissues for my issues"

"Your love is like Chinese water torture"

"I am resilient, born to be brilliant"

7 minutes ago, Bradley said:

There are quite a number of these little awkward lines

"I need tissues for my issues"

"Your love is like Chinese water torture"

"I am resilient, born to be brilliant"

You missed the most iconic one:

Archived