💓 ONE YEAR OF STUPID LOVE 💓

Use code STUPIDLOVE for 20% off everything

Sign in to follow this  
society

Brazilians defend mascot after it's compared to the KKK costume

Twitter user blasted the Brazilian Health Ministry's mascot after versions of it appeared to be wearing hoods similar to the ones used by the KKK

Several individuals were recently seen in a costume of Zé Gotinha, a mascot created in 1986 to promote the polio vaccine to children and their parents 

The mascot, translated as 'Little Droplet', is now being used to promote the coronavirus vaccine in Brazil 

In a recently deleted tweet that sparked outrage, @RoxanneLaWin said the Health Ministry should 'have gone through more levels of checks and approvals' and posted this photo↓
39625556-9287191-image-m-11_161401048063

Brazilians said they were 'very proud' of  Zé Gotinha, costume she posted was from an extremely poor region. and blamed the criticism on a lack of cultural understanding

39625536-9287191-image-m-15_161401173157
39625514-9287191-image-a-18_161401194973
source

39624974-9287191-image-a-13_161401051290
Zé Gotinha (center) during a January event in Rio de Janeiro where the Brazilian Health Ministry celebrated the arrival of the COVID-19 vaccines.

👻
  • LMAO 1

ToxicHot

Wow. :smh: 

Looks more like a marshmallow than a KKK costume. I- :saladga:

Formerly known as the infamous xxPaperGangsta.

LateToCult
Just now, ToxicHot said:

Wow. :smh: 

Looks more like a marshmallow than a KKK costume. I- :saladga:

Looks like [redacted] to me.

Andreu

1555764887_494254_1555774393_sumario_norteas

before there was love there was silence
  • LMAO 2

PartySick

Is the KKK a big issue in Brazil or something? I was under the impression that they were mainly US based? :poot:

Life is short but also terribly, terribly long~

Shipper

unique-chocolate-black-pillsbury_1_ccfcb

They should cancel pillsbury doughboy too.

:gum:

Edited by Shipper
💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Ricardo

US thinking the world revolves around them as usual :ally:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

berlinforme

I do think they should have done better research before designing that mascot, but honestly it's Americans exporting and projecting their problems on the rest of the world again. 

littlepotter

Uh, i guess if you squint it looks like a white figure with a triangular head? But that's about it? Not sure what this mascot has to do with an american white supremacist organization 

can you hear me come undone?

HausOfAntonio
10 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Is the KKK a big issue in Brazil or something? I was under the impression that they were mainly US based? :poot:

No, we don’t have the KKK here. Racism is a gigantic issue but the KKK and especially its costumes have no meaning in our culture despite being a foreign concept that is well known. 

• Thanks 1

Monster647
12 minutes ago, PartySick said:

That’s exactly why people are defending their mascot because the world doesn’t revolve around US. For them, their mascot is what’s important because it helped people get vaccinated against polio while KKK is something completely foreign. They probably have other racist/white supremacist imagery Americans would not recognize or care about just like Brazilians do to that of Americans.

It’s weird how some Americans think their sensitivities must apply to all situations in same way and actually think they’re being tolerant and open-minded while they’re so narrow minded that they cannot fathom another reality. 

Watch them go after Malaysian Buddhists for swastika because they are promoting Nazism.

Edited by Monster647
  • Like 1

JRCF29

Racist?  no.

Creepy? yes.:trollga:

Don't Call Me Gaga

TEANUS
10 minutes ago, berlinforme said:

I do think they should have done better research before designing that mascot, but honestly it's Americans exporting and projecting their problems on the rest of the world again. 

11 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

US thinking the world revolves around them as usual :ally:

But when America’s struggling doesn’t everyone else revolve their news cycle around us and how “stupid” we are?

I mean every thread on here about a tragic event in America involves countless comments about how shitty we are and how our actions impact the rest of the world

Go off tho sistas

OT - clearly ANOTHER daily case of people having nothing better to do than complain

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • LMAO 2

homomo

Why am I getting ARTPOP launch party vibes from this 

66-A994-B5-A0-FB-4-F53-82-B7-7-F60-F9019

• LMAO 4
  • YAAAS 1

alsemanche

Someone tell the US that just because something has negative symbolism in a culture doesn't mean it's a worldwide phenomenon :bear: If they were showing a Swastika then sure trash them but how on earth is this a KKK reference in any way, shape, or form? If anything it looks more like a b*ttplug :ladyhaha:

Edited by alsemanche
  • LMAO 1