🌎 𝔤𝔞𝔤𝔞 𝔡𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔶 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔭 - 𝔫𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔡𝔴𝔦𝔡𝔢 🌏

Sign in to follow this  
society

Boeing 777 grounded after Denver engine failure

US plane manufacturer Boeing has recommended grounding all of the 777-model aircraft which have the same type of engine that suffered failure and shed debris over Denver on Saturday.

It said 128 jets should be suspended until inspections are carried out.

United Airlines and Japan's two main operators have already stopped using 56 planes with the same engine.

Flight 328, carrying 231 passengers, was forced to make an emergency landing at Denver airport. No-one was injured.
United Flight 328, bound for Honolulu, suffered a failure in its right-hand engine. Debris from the jet was found scattered over a nearby residential area after it returned to Denver airport.

source

👻

Flapjack

Glad everyone was safe....but why were people traveling *if it's not essential*

Edited by Flapjack
Adding essential to clarify

POP2
1 hour ago, Flapjack said:

Glad everyone was safe.........but why were people traveling............ 'essential' Honolulu trip?

Is it your place to judge? Air travel has been proven to be very safe. Airlines have millions of jobs to support. What are we supposed to say? No travel? Good luck with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flapjack
18 hours ago, POP2 said:

Is it your place to judge? Air travel has been proven to be very safe. Airlines have millions of jobs to support. What are we supposed to say? No travel? Good luck with that.

I'm currently jobless and at the tail-end of a harsh lockdown due to people traveling and not taking protocols seriously, so yes I'm able to have an opinion when we're all currently experiencing a pandemic in varying social and economic circumstances. I said I'm glad the people were safe (maybe talk about that next time). I'm happy you know how each individual who travels practices proper protocol, since I can't understand how variants keep travelling to new regions when everyone who 'safely' travels has been so exceptionally selfless during these trying times! Thanks for sharing your opinion and clearing that up for our airline and leisure community here on gagadaily.

Edited by Flapjack
Illiterate

SwissMonster
19 hours ago, Flapjack said:

Glad everyone was safe.........but why were people traveling............ 'essential' Honolulu trip?

Family, work, essential workers, etc... People need to travel even during a pandemic. For sure there were some dumbs going on vacation but you can‘t just say „why are people traveling“ in general. There are a lot of reasons + planes are proven to be very safe

The Voice of GGD
  • Thanks 1

Flapjack
6 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Family, work, essential workers, etc... People need to travel even during a pandemic. For sure there were some dumbs going on vacation but you can‘t just say „why are people traveling“ in general. There are a lot of reasons + planes are proven to be very safe

That's why I quoted essential. 

memomemome

I wonder, anyone in GGD working in aviation world? 

Hopefully they'll find the discrepancies and rectify soon. Kinda unfortunate for PW engines tho