๐Ÿ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA ๐Ÿ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

'Hogwarts Legacy' Lead Designer is Anti-Social Justice

Jill

Featured Posts

RahrahWitch

Some of you really don't care?

The gaming industry is notoriously sexist and more and more situations of sexual misconduct areย coming to light all the time. This guy sounds just like all the others who lead games and make the lives of females in the industry miserable.

If like you argue that you really care for the game and the lives of the other people involved then you shouldn't want this man working on it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shipper
32 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

The gaming industry is notoriously sexist and more and more situations of sexual misconduct areย coming to light all the time. This guy sounds just like all the others who lead games and make the lives of females in the industry miserable.

If like you argue that you really care for the game and the lives of the other people involved then you shouldn't want this man working on it.

Yes but everyone have a different threshold in caring. We cant care about everything and not support everyone that does a bad thing.

Gaga wears leather and eats meat like pork and beef, by that standard she is bad for some people as those animals are sacred or must not be eaten. She also associates herself with Dalai Lama and people in China dislike her for that.

Do we care some people do not support her? I don't. We still buy her music and hang out here in Gaga's cult anyway.

We can't be complaining about everything because there are very few honest perfect people out there who can work in our video games.ย 

ย 

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•

RahrahWitch
3 minutes ago, Shipper said:

Yes but everyone have a different threshold in caring. We cant care about everything and not support everyone that does a bad thing.

Gaga wears leather and eats meat like pork and beef, by that standard she is bad for some people as those animals are sacred or must not be eaten. She also associates herself with Dalai Lama and people in China dislike her for that.

Do we care some people do not support her? I don't. We still buy her music and hang out here in Gaga's cult anyway.

We can't be complaining about everything because there are very few honest perfect people out there who can work in our video games.ย 

ย 

Of course there's different thresholds but I don't think eating meat and being anti-feminist/progressive are on par with each other.

Maybe it's because I've read horrible experiences from minorities in the gaming industry who've put up with terrible things because there's of men with his ideologies but his involvement in the game is worrying.

Shipper
12 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

Of course there's different thresholds but I don't think eating meat and being anti-feminist/progressive are on par with each other.

Maybe it's because I've read horrible experiences from minorities in the gaming industry who've put up with terrible things because there's of men with his ideologies but his involvement in the game is worrying.

I think it is great you care about it as many here do not. You should fight for what you believe in regardless if people think it's not too serious. It is better to do something about it than do nothing and regret it.ย 

I just think GGD cares more about music and LGBT topics closer to them than the views of a designer in a video game. I do have friends who love video games who would also rally together with you and even if I'm saying I won't be doing any action, it doesn't mean you shouldn't as you are fighting for what you believe in.ย :heart:

ย 

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“ฆ๐Ÿ’•

Agunimon
1 hour ago, RahrahWitch said:

I certainly don't, which is why I replied with what I did. There are hundreds of people who work on a video game. Harry Potter was a huge part of my life and a game like this is what I've wanted for as long as I can remember. I'm not going to let the views of one person influence me and decide not to play it. There are people like that in every company in the world.ย 

Galactic Mess

Maybe we should separate work from author? I mean, he might behave professionally despite his views and do a very good job at the studio,ย without influencingย the storyline, NPC's reactionsย or the portrayal ofย each player's character (main things related to identity in a game).

Besides, we don't know exactly what his position as a lead designer encompasses, and even if he has enough influence to actually push a "conservative agenda" through (whatever that could meanย in a videogame lol), WB will surely not let him maculate the project with controversial views, especially knowing HP's fans average position in the ideological spectrum.

Again, author =/= work. You can be a terrible person and good at your job, and vice-versa. We'll have to wait and actually play the game to see whether it's problematic or not.

I understandย not wanting to give profits to people/companies with problematic views, but the guy here is a mere employee. Shouldย we start pressuring companies to deny jobs to conservative people, even if they are not disrespectful at the workplace? That's ridiculous and only proves their point.

• 5 months later...
judaspriest

Phuck this game and post-Deathly Hallows Pt 2 HP. This guy and JK can both go polishย the Elder Wandย :billie:

GagaSine
On 2/22/2021 at 12:05 PM, RahrahWitch said:

Seriously, it's so sad how so many comments seem to make complete light of how harmful misogyny is

judaspriest
6 minutes ago, GagaSine said:

Seriously, it's so sad how so many comments seem to make complete light of how harmful misogyny is

So this developer (like many others) is a phucking misogynist making a game adaptation of the work of a writer who thinks men dress as women to enter female bathrooms in order to rape them (what kind of redneck thinks that???) AND said a certain character was gay just to win woke points effortlessly (we live in a day and age in which gay characters are no longer implied, and Dumbledore was not even that). Sounds like a match made in hell if you ask me. Honestly, I'm only watching the next movie because of Mads Mikkelsen.

Reginald

Interesting to see this thread pop up again after the recent s**tstorm at Activision / Blizzard in regards to workplace harassmentย :sweat:ย I hope this guy is quaking in his bootsย 

ProfessionalClown

I understand youtubers who critique modern iterations of things like ย modern feminism which has undeniably lost its way ย here in the US but itโ€™s still something thatโ€™s needed around the world so I donโ€™t understand people who just say it shouldnโ€™t exist or say itโ€™s bad.

Like Iโ€™m way more an egalitarian than a feminist but I ainโ€™t gonna clown someone who are.ย People are weirdย 

judaspriest
On 2/22/2021 at 7:49 PM, Agunimon said:

Harry Potter was a huge part of my life and a game like this is what I've wanted for as long as I can remember.ย 

Same here (specifically I would have wanted all the movie games to be open world RPGs akin to The Witcher 3), but the thing is, I couldn't care less about HP without its title character and all the others. So, even if JK and this other piece of workย weren't involved, well...

Archived