Sign in to follow this  
celeb

122K signed petition to remove Sia from Golden Globe Awards

777777777777777777

Sia’s Music is hitting a very sour note with thousands online.

The Aussie singer’s feature directorial debut has already been widely panned by critics and otherwise concerned viewers, but that hasn’t stopped the masses from rushing to sign a petition to have the film officially condemned by the industry – by way of removing its two 2021 Golden Globe award nominations. source

The Change.org campaign has already amassed 100,000 signatures since the petition was launched last week. 

The online petition  states, 
'Sia's debut movie “Music” is severely ableist and contributes to harmful stereotypes of autistic people. The Golden Globes must rescind its two nominations for “Best Musical/Comedy Picture” and “Best Musical/Comedy Actress: Kate Hudson”, and the entertainment industry must promise to actively work towards inclusion and better disability representation.'
https://www.change.org/p/the-golden-globes-the-golden-globes-must-rescind-the-nomination-for-sia-s-ableist-movie-music

Edited by 777777777777777777
👻
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 5
  • YAAAS 15
  • Love 2
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quartz

This is just becoming more and more messy. Honestly feel bad for Sia and her hard work. Has anyone watched it? How was it? Was it as harmful as they say?

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊
  • Like 16
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 7

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chromatican

This is the Gaga curse at work.

  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wolf Boy

What a pointless drama. It’s like she murdered a baby. 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 11

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Regina George

As someone who has someone who’s autistic in my family I can say that there is NOTHING bad in that movie. People are overreacting as usual. 

  • Like 19
  • Love 2
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 16

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
gypsy101
20 minutes ago, Quartz said:

This is just becoming more and more messy. Honestly feel bad for Sia and her hard work. Has anyone watched it? How was it? Was it as harmful as they say?

i watched about ten minutes and turned it off because of how annoying and offensive the main character was

16 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

This is the Gaga curse at work.

what did Sia do to Gaga?

  • Like 1
  • LMAO 3
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chromatican
17 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

i watched about ten minutes and turned it off because of how annoying and offensive the main character was

what did Sia do to Gaga?

Just her general 1000 Forms of Fear persona, which was VERY reminiscent of Gaga's TFM persona. The similar wigs, the concept of fear like the fear of men monster on TFM and the former songwriter turned popstar angle with performance artist aesthetic to boot.

  • Like 1
  • LMAO 26
  • Love 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luciano
5 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Just her general 1000 Forms of Fear persona, which was VERY reminiscent of Gaga's TFM persona. The similar wigs, the concept of fear like the fear of men monster on TFM and the former songwriter turned popstar angle with performance artist aesthetic to boot.

you're stupid love and hip hop GIF by VH1

  • Like 33
  • LMAO 9
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 13

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chromatican
2 minutes ago, Luciano said:

you're stupid love and hip hop GIF by VH1

220px-The_Fame_Monster.pngSia_-_1000_Forms_of_Fear_(Official_Album

  • LMAO 47

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quartz
5 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

220px-The_Fame_Monster.pngSia_-_1000_Forms_of_Fear_(Official_Album

r u fr

ferris bueller's day off GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊
  • Like 5
  • LMAO 19
  • Thanks 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chromatican
2 minutes ago, Quartz said:

r u fr

ferris bueller's day off GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

You're telling me Sia wasn't walking around with an oversized Fame Monster wig in that era?

Edited by Chromatican
  • LMAO 10
  • Thanks 5

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAMROD
1 hour ago, Quartz said:

This is just becoming more and more messy. Honestly feel bad for Sia and her hard work. Has anyone watched it? How was it? Was it as harmful as they say?

 

1 hour ago, Wolf Boy said:

What a pointless drama. It’s like she murdered a baby. 

 

57 minutes ago, Regina George said:

As someone who has someone who’s autistic in my family I can say that there is NOTHING bad in that movie. People are overreacting as usual. 

 

This thread may help for you to understand why it is an issue

 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ やれやれだわ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 10
  • Shook 2
  • Thanks 24

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToxicHot

Wow. :smh: 

Formerly known as the infamous xxPaperGangsta.
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
zakariah

as a first-time director/producer/writer, why the actual F*CK would Sia try to tackle such heavy and deep topics in her debut film

i'm sorry but if you ask me, she acted irresponsibly, and it just comes off as snobby, thinking she's some sort of artistic messiah

  • Like 23
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 7

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wolf Boy
48 minutes ago, Chromatican said:

Just her general 1000 Forms of Fear persona, which was VERY reminiscent of Gaga's TFM persona. The similar wigs, the concept of fear like the fear of men monster on TFM and the former songwriter turned popstar angle with performance artist aesthetic to boot.

Seek help. Fast.

Edited by Wolf Boy
  • Like 12

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...