💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Laurieanne Gibson talks about Gaga and her team

TheFame Monster

Featured Posts

Papergangstuh

This woman gives one interview and you all jump ship because you hate Richie/Bobby/are pressed about Chromatica promotion. 

She's deluded and I'm willing to bet a chunk of you were not around those days to see how fame hungry she was. Don't give her the attention, please.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
20 minutes ago, PlasticWeave said:

didn't gaga/ the haus direct You and I?

They fell out on the original set of TEOG video which is why Gaga directed the one we actually got

Actually, the issue on TEOG was with Joseph Kahn. Laurieann is indeed credited as co-director of Yoü and I.

elijahfan

There are also a lot of curious things in her statements, like... She acts like she basically took the high road - gurl, you were fired :triggered:

And the way she says she went on with her career and built Nicki Minaj - I mean, in 2012 Nicki was already well-established, she didn't start thriving when Laurieann came into the picture... The only collaboration with Laurieann I can think of was that gimmicky Exorcist-inspired Roman Holiday performance - and she had the balls to say she distanced herself from Gaga because things were getting too dark, I mean... :ladyhaha:

I have nothing against her and appreciate the work she did with Gaga, but tbh it feels like she's a bit delusional and/or full of ****.

OriginalMonster
8 hours ago, AJRocketMan said:

Everyone technically has all their emails. I can still find emails from 2009 when I started my first address.

I suppose technically, but it just struck me the wrong way coming from her. Regardless, the rest of what I said stands. Even if she would have coffee with Gaga like she said, that doesn't change that she was always the type to take full credit for anything she was even remotely involved in, and people's approach to their work like that doesn't usually change. Gaga doesn't need someone like that who will turn around and take credit and end up damaging her creative reputation and legacy. Even if it's only when she's angry, the effect is the same can't be taken back.

elijahfan
6 hours ago, Joshie S said:

I've never wanted to say it because it's in no way his fault, but does anyone think that Richy is responsible for the choreo for the BTWB which ultimately caused Gaga's hip issue which changed her life forever...?

Sometimes I think about it.:messga:

That would be cool not to put the blame on anyone for that. Bottom line is: injuries happen, Gaga was stoned out of her mind most of 2012 and basically didn't realize she was performing on a broken hip since her whole body was making her suffer. What's to blame is the crazy schedule she had to follow, preventing her from taking care of herself.

numb the flame
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

That would be cool not to put the blame on anyone for that. Bottom line is: injuries happen, Gaga was stoned out of her mind most of 2012 and basically didn't realize she was performing on a broken hip since her whole body was making her suffer. What's to blame is the crazy schedule she had to follow, preventing her from taking care of herself.

That's why I'm glad the dates for The Chromatica Ball have been planned to be very spread out with a few days between each rather than the usual concert, travel day, concert, travel day etc. It seems Gaga planned to be in each city for more than one night. 

elijahfan
12 minutes ago, numb the flame said:

That's why I'm glad the dates for The Chromatica Ball have been planned to be very spread out with a few days between each rather than the usual concert, travel day, concert, travel day etc. It seems Gaga planned to be in each city for more than one night. 

I mean, it has become pretty obvious that she absolutely can't tour the way she used to anymore. With the way the Joanne Tour ended, I'm glad they finally learned their lesson. Really a shame Corona will most likely prevent the Chromatica Ball from happening altogether... especially for Europe: that would make it her second tour in a row being cancelled there.

numb the flame
3 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I mean, it has become pretty obvious that she absolutely can't tour the way she used to anymore. With the way the Joanne Tour ended, I'm glad they finally learned their lesson. Really a shame Corona will most likely prevent the Chromatica Ball from happening altogether... especially for Europe: that would make it her second tour in a row being cancelled there.

Oh yeah the JWT was their like "wake up call" (I feel that phrase is very aggressive but you get my point) that they needed to change up their strategy in terms of touring. I can never see her doing arena shows unless there's like five dates in one city in the biggest cities across North America and Western Europe. 

PropaGaga

Laurieann wasn't technically fired. Her contract was up, and by that point things between her and Gaga had crumbled because she constantly undermined her art publicly and behind the scenes, so they just didn't bother renewing it. What's in the OP is not the story Laurieann usually tells. She's repeatedly said Gaga's work was becoming too dark, and that as a religious woman, she was not comfortable heading in that direction (ironic, since months later she came up with that performance for Nicki at the Grammys). She had been making statements along these lines throughout the BTW era, like with the "Born This Way" and "Judas" music videos; she once said she and Gaga intentionally copied Madonna and that Madonna should be bitter. I think the last straw was "You & I" when Laurieann and Troy wanted Gaga to do something quote-unquote-pretty akin to the Jimmy Kimmel performance, which was well received, so Gaga ran the other way and rebelled by becoming Jo Calderone. Years later, Laurieann changed her tune and seemed to hint at Gaga firing her because she was too fame obsessed and racist. She said she was tired of arguing with Gaga to get her ideas to the front, etc. So I'm glad she's changed her tune again and is taking a positive approach this time!

PropaGaga
Just now, Adelita said:

She's so right... Gaga, fire the yessegans and bring back your golden team, please.

But the people she's talking about are that so-called "golden team" :laughga:

elijahfan
3 minutes ago, Adelita said:

She's so right... Gaga, fire the yessegans and bring back your golden team, please.

By golden team, you mean Laurieann that kept taking credit for everything and Troy who saw Gaga only as his cash cow? I think she's good with her current collaborators, thank you very much.

3 hours ago, Papergangstuh said:

This woman gives one interview and you all jump ship because you hate Richie/Bobby/are pressed about Chromatica promotion. 

She's deluded and I'm willing to bet a chunk of you were not around those days to see how fame hungry she was. Don't give her the attention, please.

Yes. It's clear from the interview that this lady has a big ego. So when it comes to her take on why she was let go, it's no great surprise that we're not hearing the words 'it was all my fault'.

22 hours ago, austincola said:

I REALLY thought they ended things during the BTW era. She has to be lying.. 😂😂

Yeah she bounced after Judas...

it sounds like two strong-minded artists clashing on ideas and direction. This literally happens all the time. Glad she isn't bad-mouthing anymore

Archived