Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Has Anyone Watched Search Party?

MadreMonster

Featured Posts

MadreMonster
41 minutes ago, magichat said:

Oh cool! The ending of season four seemed like it might be the end of the series. 

I hope they end at 5 or 6. After that it might get too ridiculous. But I hope they get two more great seasons :tony:

MadreMonster
9 minutes ago, Tiny Purse said:

the show is literally about (and making fun of) millennials tho? 

I never got Gen Z from the show. It’s mainly about how millennials were promised so much when they were older but ended up with feeling like life wasn’t as special as they were promised - so they try and find meaning by creating a mystery that was never there than the fantasy they created (yet again, how we grew up).

Yes. Season 4 ending was a glaring stain on the whole thing for me, but it is a very funny show

Don't Call Me Gaga

GagaSine

I just started watching it a few days ago and I can’t stop, it’s so addictive and ridiculous. I know so many people like the characters :air: (narcissists, pathological liars, all these gross manipulative men, impotent guys who don’t stand up for themselves, deeply naive girls, people who always go back to obviously toxic relationships etc etc).

And the fact that just everything goes wrong and everyone makes the worst decisions, it’s a train wreck I can’t stop watching. It’s kind of messing me up bc my personal life is messed up and i’m obsessively watching a messed up show until like 2am every night. 

I can’t tell if it’s good but it’s relatable, the humour hits, and it keeps me enraptured.

ToxicHot

Never heard of it. Y’all giving mixed reviews kinda makes me wanna check it out. 

Is it like, a teenage show or adult show? I typically only like shows that are TV-MA unless it’s a sitcom. :billie: But it sounds entertaining, especially because it sounds very satirical??

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

GagaSine
2 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

Never heard of it. Y’all giving mixed reviews kinda makes me wanna check it out. 

Is it like, a teenage show or adult show? I typically only like shows that are TV-MA unless it’s a sitcom. :billie: But it sounds entertaining, especially because it sounds very satirical??

I’d say it’s like a young adult show? Like if Broad City was a dark mystery series. The acting is on par with most comedy shows but there is also tons of drama. It feels like a smart show to me.

MadreMonster
12 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

It is rated TV-MA. Started at TBS then moved to HBO.

MadreMonster
On 2/20/2021 at 5:24 PM, JRCF29 said:

Yes. Season 4 ending was a glaring stain on the whole thing for me, but it is a very funny show

I feel like they ended it not knowing whether it would get another season it’s kind of a cliffhanger but could also be an end. Looking forward to what they do with it for season 5!

Just now, MadreMonster said:

I feel like they ended it not knowing whether it would get another season it’s kind of a cliffhanger but could also be an end. Looking forward to what they do with it for season 5!

I'm glad it landed at HBO Max, because that platform gives such greater freedom to the producers/directors, and it's a very niche show that is a perfect fit for that environment. 

I'm very excited to see the actors do after the show (I especially love Meredith Hagner)

Don't Call Me Gaga

MadreMonster
Just now, JRCF29 said:

I'm glad it landed at HBO Max, because that platform gives such greater freedom to the producers/directors, and it's a very niche show that is a perfect fit for that environment. 

I'm very excited to see the actors do after the show (I especially love Meredith Hagner)

Yes! When I first watched and saw it was housed at TBS I was so surprised - it seemed like nothing TBS would touch (they seem to be more sitcom/light hearted comedy oriented). Honestly could have seen it on FX.

Glad for the HBO switch - much more freedom to be unfiltered and raw.

2 minutes ago, MadreMonster said:

Yes! When I first watched and saw it was housed at TBS I was so surprised - it seemed like nothing TBS would touch (they seem to be more sitcom/light hearted comedy oriented). Honestly could have seen it on FX.

Glad for the HBO switch - much more freedom to be unfiltered and raw.

TBS does air a lot of sitcom reruns (2 Broke Girls, Everybody Loves Raymond) but they have also aired more experimental comedies (The Detour, Miracle Workers). 

Currently it's been shifting to reality/game show programming (Go-Big Show, Misery Index) and continues to focus on late-night programming* (Full Frontal w/ Samantha Bee)

*Conan is moving to HBO Max sometime this year (I assume the summer)

Don't Call Me Gaga

MadreMonster
Just now, JRCF29 said:

TBS does air a lot of sitcom reruns (2 Broke Girls, Everybody Loves Raymond) but they have also aired more experimental comedies (The Detour, Miracle Workers). 

Currently it's been shifting to reality/game show programming (Go-Big Show, Misery Index) and continues to focus on late-night programming* (Full Frontal w/ Samantha Bee)

*Conan is moving to HBO Max sometime this year (I assume the summer)

I’ll have to check out the more experimental comedies! I love the genre bending comedies especially why I fell in love with Search Party!

I remember watching all those re-run sitcoms as a kid with my dad. Haven’t tuned in there in awhile with streaming.

MadreMonster
2 minutes ago, Married the Night said:

Been a fan since episode 1 first aired! It’s so good. 

I’m glad I watched it just recently - I felt the first couple episodes were off (as most shows seem to be). Glad they found their footing a few episodes in and I was hooked.

Cant wait for the next season!

Married the Night
1 hour ago, MadreMonster said:

I’m glad I watched it just recently - I felt the first couple episodes were off (as most shows seem to be). Glad they found their footing a few episodes in and I was hooked.

Cant wait for the next season!

I loved them all. :)

Archived