Chromatica Island 8,538 Posted February 14, 2021 Share Posted February 14, 2021 This is really gross, I hope he'll got to prison, at least the jumpsuit will match his skin. Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳⚧ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chromatica Island 8,538 Posted February 14, 2021 Share Posted February 14, 2021 Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳⚧ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
elijahfan 27,596 Posted February 14, 2021 Share Posted February 14, 2021 3 hours ago, Ricksies said: Biden better deliver his promises for the next four years, if not y'all getting Trump again 2024 I'm not so much scared about Trump anymore. I'm more concerned about his way of thinking being validated time and time again, and the potential crazies that are gonna rise from it in the years to come. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StarstruckIllusion 53,795 Posted February 14, 2021 Author Share Posted February 14, 2021 17 minutes ago, elijahfan said: Logics of the American system... where you can win the popular vote but lose, and where 57-47 isn't considered a majority It is. They don’t just need a simple majority. They need 2/3rds. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
elijahfan 27,596 Posted February 14, 2021 Share Posted February 14, 2021 Just now, StarstruckIllusion said: It is. They don’t just need a simple majority. They need 2/3rds. I gathered that, I'm merely pointing out that none of it is fair. I'm sorry, but it's not rocket science: a fair, democratic system is a system where majority wins. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
stevana229 1,916 Posted February 14, 2021 Share Posted February 14, 2021 I still think democrats were successful in this. Republicans are going to STRUGGLE during the next elections. How are republican candidates going to talk their way out of Trump supporters chanting "hang mike pence" Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ItWasntLaauv 6,392 Posted February 14, 2021 Share Posted February 14, 2021 Well, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was another in*urrection because of this ruling, but from everyone and not just Tr*mp supporters. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
FATCAT 60,984 Posted February 14, 2021 Share Posted February 14, 2021 4 hours ago, Autumn said: whilst that is disappointing. it's good that we can see that seven republicans are still sticking to conservativism instead of signing up blindly to the trump cult. it shows that the republican party isn't yet the party of trump. No, it is the Party of Trump. 14% isn’t going to stop anything, they will be replaced with sycophants. It’s our job to vote, volunteer, and canvas the Qult out of office and destroy every chance they have at sustainability in our politics. This kitten over here (meow) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,175 Posted February 14, 2021 Share Posted February 14, 2021 4 hours ago, Autumn said: whilst that is disappointing. it's good that we can see that seven republicans are still sticking to conservativism instead of signing up blindly to the trump cult. it shows that the republican party isn't yet the party of trump. If only 7 had the courage to seperate ethics from politics then the party as a whole is not sticking to that conservatism that is non Trump cult Like 7 is such a small number Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,175 Posted February 14, 2021 Share Posted February 14, 2021 53 minutes ago, elijahfan said: I gathered that, I'm merely pointing out that none of it is fair. I'm sorry, but it's not rocket science: a fair, democratic system is a system where majority wins. @StarstruckIllusion While it baffles me that that many ppl still manage to stand by Trump i actually agree with this super majority requirement This isnt just democracy, an inpeachement is a type of trial. Given it is not a trial done by bias free juries but rather the Government where politics is gonna sway at least some voters (as we clearly saw) a simple majority seems potentially problematic This time its someone who was clearly guilty but what if theres ever a circumstance where its a more grey area circumstance or possible framing etc? With a simple majority required someone could potentially be inpeached simply because of politics by oposing party I think a super majority ensures that if someone is impeached its because they truly deserve it Of course it does mean in cases like Trump its harder to actually impeach. But that speaks to the fact the process is flawed to begin with. It should be a less partial court doing this not biased politicians voting Edit: also loosing while winning the popular vote is super common its not an American thing. Here in Canada the exact same thing can happen Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJRocketMan 2,684 Posted February 14, 2021 Share Posted February 14, 2021 15 minutes ago, FATCAT said: No, it is the Party of Trump. 14% isn’t going to stop anything, they will be replaced with sycophants. It’s our job to vote, volunteer, and canvas the Qult out of office and destroy every chance they have at sustainability in our politics. What does canvassing mean? Sorry, I’m still learning. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hades 27,980 Posted February 14, 2021 Share Posted February 14, 2021 3 hours ago, Miss Dolly said: Trump supporter, disgusting He's a well known troll. Has been banned from ATRL for the same reason i think. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
FATCAT 60,984 Posted February 14, 2021 Share Posted February 14, 2021 7 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said: What does canvassing mean? Sorry, I’m still learning. Knocking door to door for his opponents on the ballot. This kitten over here (meow) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StarstruckIllusion 53,795 Posted February 14, 2021 Author Share Posted February 14, 2021 2 hours ago, elijahfan said: I gathered that, I'm merely pointing out that none of it is fair. I'm sorry, but it's not rocket science: a fair, democratic system is a system where majority wins. I agree, but l your statement was just mathematically off Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
doraemon 1,151 Posted February 14, 2021 Share Posted February 14, 2021 57 is enough. The rules need to be revised! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.